User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Week 12 Round-Up!

Some early reading for your turkey day everyone. No real work this week allowed me to grind this out. Enjoy Thanksgiving and some great games this week.

Okay so last week I went 3 and 1 on game picks and went 20 for 28 on player picks. Usually we have 35 player picks but with one game down due to a MIA owner the picks go down as well. Am happy to have gone card and picked the winner on one match. So what do we got going on this week. Some major injuries. Teams are having to do what they can to keep in the game even as players get hurt and leave for the season. Just as we finish this bye week hell players start dropping like flies.

NO Bye Week Teams.

Injuries.
    This is a tough spot this week with so many.

Fred Jackson RB (Buf)
    Leg. Broken and put on IR.

Jay Cutler QB (Chi)
    Thumb. Broken and most likely will be out for the season.

Matt Cassel QB (KC)
    Hand. Update, out for season.

Kevin Kolb QB (Ari)
    Toe. Questionable to play. Watch for updates if ya looking for a QB.

A.J. Green WR (Cin)
    Knee. May play but not likely.

Peyton Hillis RB (Cle)
    Hamstring. Still out with no update on a timetable for his return. Expect him to be out for the season.

Miles Austin WR (Dal)
    Hamstring. Still out, no surprise though there was some hope for his return.

Matt Shaub QB (Tex)
    Foot. We knew he was out now it is official, he has been put on IR.

Dallas Clark TE (Ind)
    Lower Leg. Deemed out.

Adrian Peterson RB (Min)
    Ankle. Listed doubtful, do not expect him to play.

Micheal Vick QB (Phi)
    Ribs. Expect him to be out.

Jeremy Maclin WR (Phi)
    Shoulder. He is listed questionable. More than likely will not play.

Team Moves.

Team Devil Dogs.
    Dropped Connor Barth and picked up Titans defense.
    In hindsight this may have sucked as a move considering the Titans got -1 for a score. But of course hindsight is 20/20.

Voodoo Children.
    Dropped Benjarvus Green-Ellis and picked up Reggie Bush.
    I like this move. BGE is very inconsistent due to the type of offense the Patriots run. Bush has done well these last 3 weeks now that Miami has figured out how to utilize him.

Cats HateHitler.
    Dropped John Beck and picked up Rex Grossman.
    Considering it looks like Beck won't play, Grossman was a good pick up until Shanahan changes his mind again. Not a bad move.

Paint Huffing Warriors.
    Dropped Colt McCoy and picked up Vince Young.
    Young is a temporary move until Vick is healthy enough to play again. McCoy is a conservative passer that will not get big numbers. Good move in general depending how long Young gets to play.

Voodoo Children.
    Dropped Pierre Garcon and picked up Torrey Smith.
    Damn that was another TD if Smith had not been dragged down by his hair. Time for a haircut. Good move though do not expect that kinda yards from Smith every week. But, its more than likely than Garcon busting out right now.

Voodoo Children.
    Dropped Fred Jackson.
    Its a big goddamn shame his leg was broken. Good move considering he is now on IR.

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig) vs Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) .

Jay Cutler vs Tom Brady.
    Cutler is out. Brady even when he is considered to be in a slump should start in your fantasy line up every week he plays. This week could be a rough game since the Eagles will be playing to stay alive for a play off berth. I do not think that will slow Brady down at all. He will have a good game even if it is not up to the levels we expect normally from him. This is his slot.

Carson Palmer vs Joe Flacco.
    I feel bad for Jason Campbell. I have never considered him to have a lot of talent. A mediocre QB at best. But I do hate to see you lose your job through injury instead of the merits or bad points of your play. Palmer has come into Oakland and showed that he is the QB that can take them forward. This week he faces a tough Bears defense who will look to keep the ball away from them to allow there on offense time to effectively run the ball. Flacco is up against the 49ers defense who have shown that they mean business this season. Flacco will want to rely on Rice but the Niner's will be ready for that so he will have to go to the air this week more than he will like to. Both these guys face tough defenses. I am going with Palmer but truly it can go either way. Palmer takes this slot.

Shonne Greene vs Pierre Thomas.
    I am going to say Greene has this slot with ease. If he plays. That is expected but will have to be watched. Greene faces the Bills who have been completely unable to stop the run the last 3 weeks and will be demoralized after finding out they lost Fred Jackson for the season. Thomas is now not a good option considering Mark Ingram is now back. Thomas will get some touches as they ease Ingram back into play but his numbers will fall accordingly. This is Greene's slot.

Vincent Jackson vs Mario Manningham.
    If you want to complain about the up and down season Jackson is having, blame his QB. This week they are up against a Denver defense that did surprisingly well against the Jets last week. Now I do not expect that every week I do see a turn for there defense right now and the Chargers better show up ready to play or they will fall as well. Manningham nearly didn't have any score last week. That could be considered more the norm since it looks like he is 3rd down on the list to get looks from Manning. But do not count him out entirely yet. This week they face the Saints who let enough passes get by them to go around. This is Manningham's slot.

Larry Fitzgerald vs Anquan Boldin.
    Boldin may find holes in the Niner's secondary and he will need to so Flacco has somewhere other than Torrey Smith to throw the ball. I can see where he has lost a step with the breakaway but he still has the hands to bring down what is thrown to him. We are not sure who will be throwing to Fitzgerald yet. Kolb looks optimistic to return but it is quite possible Skelton will be at the helm again. Either way it will be against the Rams and that by itself will let Fitzgerald take this slot even if a third string QB may be in.

Jimmy Graham vs Jason Witten.
    I like both of these guys and there match ups. Graham up against the Giants who cannot keep a TE at bay or wrapped up. Witten who is primed to take advantage of Miami being weak in stopping that position. Witten gets a good look considering Miles Austin will be out for another week as expected which always boosts his numbers. But I am going to go with Graham. He has a pass happy Brees throwing and the Giants will do what they can to stop him but Graham looks to come up big. This is his slot.

Titans vs Redskins.
    I am going to go with the Redskins here. They are more consistent in there defense and face the Seahawks who have given up 7 fumbles and most importantly 12 interceptions this season. The Titans are a tough defense to back up considering how much over the board they are. Add in that Tampa seems to be getting there game on late in the season means the Titans could be in for another low scoring week fantasy wise. Redskins take this slot.

Team Devil Dogs take this match.

Team D3ad (7oddisdead) vs Winter Nom Noms (Mrscott101) .
    Okay a one sided game so we will briefly make note of each player in.

Tony Romo.
    Up against Miami who will have to face a QB on top of his game for the 1st time in 3 weeks. Looks good for Romo.

Josh Freeman.
    Freeman can be up and down and did really well last week. Look for him to be up this week against a down Titans defense.

LeSean McCoy.
    Happy to be in and not injured I am sure. The Patriots defense is full of holes and expect him to exploit them.

Victor Cruz.
    Now considered to be Manning's #2 WR. Expect a good game against the Saints.

Steve Smith.
    Simple math. Smith plus Newton's ability to throw plus 22nd ranked defense against the pass.
    Yup equals a great game for Smith.

Kellen Winslow.
    Having a great month. It looks like he will have another good week playing the Titans.

49ers.
    I can say what I don't like about there QB. I can say that I think they are in a weak division. But being 9 and 1, they have faced some tough teams and won. No fluke and being the real deal I hope the Ravens are ready for this defense.

Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo) vs Get to Da Choppa! (Joosbawx) .

Drew Brees vs Matt Ryan.
    I like Ryan's match up here. They are 28th against the pass. They have allowed 13 TD's in 5 games. It is a match up that could score big for him. But its tough to go against Brees. The Giants have some inexperienced players on defense and if anyone can take advantage of that it will be Brees. He will get a passing TD. He is only 10 shy of Johnny Unitas' record of 50 straight games with a TD. But I like the match up with Ryan better and say he takes this slot.

Cam Newton vs Tim Tebow.
    So if you had Tebow in last week against the Jets I am sure you took a knee and did a “Tebow” moment and it payed off. Say what you want about his game play and how rough it is. But he makes touchdowns and has put some spirit into the Broncos. Enough to where they released Orton. And this week he faces a beat up Chargers defense and should have a good game. But Newton faces the Colts. What else do you need to know here. The Colts are winless and it does not look to get better for them this week. This is Newton's slot.

Micheal Turner vs Willis McGahee.
    Tough call. I like both of these guys match ups. Turner is up against the Vikings who do well slowing the run but Turner averages 4.5 yards every time he touches the ball and has faced tougher defenses. McGahee had a rough week last week but this week is up against the Chargers who are beaten up on there defensive line allowing some room for him to work. His downside being that his QB likes to run as well. Turner takes this slot.

Jordy Nelson vs Micheal Bush.
    McFadden will not be out forever but while he is Bush is a must start and even afterwards he will have to have careful consideration depending on his match ups. Even if Run DMC returns this weekend he will take time to work back into the offense after being out as he has been. Downside is the Bears are a tough defense and will do what they can to stop this bruiser. Nelson will be at the forefront again depending on how Jennings feels this week. He is up against the Lions this week and that will bring his numbers down as they have done well against the Packers in history. Bush takes this slot.

Dez Bryant vs Laurent Robinson.
    Both these guys face the Dolphins. Bryant has that explosiveness to make the play after the catch. Miami has been doing really well making WR's have to work for there pay. Robinson may struggles as they keep an eye on him. He does not have the same explosiveness as Bryant. Bryant takes this slot as he will get more of the workload than Robinson will.

Jake Ballard vs Aaron Hernandez.
    Well we have seen it more and more. Hernandez is not the QB Brady turns to to make the TD's. That is Gronkowski. But even with that he likely takes this slot from an injured Ballard. Ballard hurt his elbow and Manning needs him underneath to opens the routes up for his WR's. The Saints are not very good against the pass but every toll will be needed to keep up with the scoring machine they are. Hernandez takes this slot.

Ravens vs Falcons.
    The Ravens will be in a slugfest against the 49ers. Don't expect high game scores so this could end up really well fantasy wise for the Ravens. The Falcons may not have to contend with Adrian Peterson as he looks to be out. Without Peterson I will take the Falcons.

Get To Da Choppa! looks to take this match.

Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver) vs Cats HateHitler (Mem) .

Matthew Stafford vs Aaron Rodgers.
    This is the face off of the week. Maybe the season. Rodgers and the Packers go into this undefeated but historically have done badly against the Lions. Stafford came out last week to show that the previous week to that was a fluke and not to expect that very often. Rodgers even in a bad game will score very well. This week may end up being a tough one but I expect him still to almost bang out almost 300 yard and a couple touchdowns. Stafford will do also do well and be up there in numbers. It will be a true shoot out but Rodgers takes this slot. No way I can bet against him with as great of a season he is having.

??? vs Alex Smith.
    Expect a change just not sure who PHW will put in yet. Smith faces off with the Ravens this week. That will be a very tough game for him. Already he is considered more of a game manager than a top line QB and it seems to be getting the job done. Right now he takes this slot by default. PHW has the options for Matt Moore, Vince Young, and Ben Roethlisberger on his bench. Of the 3 Big Ben even with a thumb injury looks to be the best option facing the Chiefs. The downside of the other 2 choices for QB is pretty high.

Matt Forte vs DeMarco Murray.
    The Raiders are going to concentrate on Forte with Cutler being out with a broken thumb. They know who this offense is going to keep going forward and will do what they can to stop that. Murray faces a tough match up against Miami without his lead blocker. Something to pass along I did not know. Miami has not allowed a rushing TD or more than 91 yards in 5 weeks. Forte takes this slot.

Wes Welker vs Jonathon Stewart.
    I like Welker here. He had a tough week lat week but I think that the Patriots will do what they can to rectify that problem. Add in an Eagles defense who is not even near the top of there game and this should be a good week for Welker. Stewart, well I think Newton is better able to run the ball at times when he is unable to find someone to throw to. But he is up against the Colts this week which should pad his numbers and his value.

Greg Jennings vs Calvin Johnson.
    After a tough couple weeks Johnson is set to take advantage of a weak Packers secondary. Jennings had a shin injury last week so we will have to watch for him to play though I expect him to. The Lions will cover him as best as they can but with so many weapons available to Aaron Rodgers that they have to spread out allowing him some wiggle room. Not being sure on his injury lets me lean towards Johnson. He will take this slot.

Rob Gronkowski vs Vernon Davis.
    Who had not seen that clip of Gronkowski's leaping TD last week. That made for 5 in 3 weeks. And the Eagles are weak underneath allowing him and Hernandez to open it up. Davis faces the Ravens who will keep him in check though that does not seem to be a hard thing to do this season. He has had a good couple week but the Ravens also have not allowed a TD to an opposing TE this year. With that Gronkowski takes this slot.

Lions vs Steelers.
    The Lions and Packers will be a high scoring shoot out more than likely. With that the Steelers face the Chiefs who have just picked up Kyle Orton but it won't be enough time to bring him into play. The Chiefs defense surprised us last week but the Steelers defense will do a fine job keeping the Chiefs offense in check.

Cats HateHitler looks to take another win making for 7 in a row.

Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor) vs Clear Sights (Clear Sights) .

Eli Manning vs Mark Sanchez.
    Both these QB's are set up to have real good games. Manning faces the Saints who have no real secondary and rely on outscoring the opponent more than stopping them. Sanchez faces a Bills defense that has been unable to stop much of anything this season. Add in the demoralizing news of Fred Jackson being out for the rest of this season with a broken leg and Sanchez could easily go in here and own. I like Manning here after the coin flip.

Matt Hasselback vs Kyle Orton.
    The news is so fresh that Orton has moved to Kansas City that his team note as of Wednesday still has not changed. Even if the Chiefs throw him to the wolves on Sunday, expect very little from him as he has not has a lot of time to get acquainted with the offense. Hasselback is questionable right this second but looks to play. Facing a weak Tampa defense lets him take this slot if he plays.

Arian Foster vs Chris Johnson.
    With Shaub out, expect a higher reliance on Foster and Tate to carry the weight of the team on there legs as Matt Lienart takes over this offense. He has done well against the Jaguars before and likely will do well again. I refuse to board the CJ train and last week shows why. He has had so many down weeks its hard to see a good one even if it should be a shoo in because he faces the leagues worst rush defense. Foster takes this slot.

Darren Sproles vs Hakeem Nicks.
    Sproles has to contend with a returning Mark Ingram for time at RB but he does very well in the passing game that this does not take him out of the equation. Sproles should find some good openings against the Giants. Nicks will split looks with Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham but with the Saints letting WR's get to so many passes that he will have a good game. He is Manning's #1 WR so he takes this slot.

Plaxico Burress vs DeSean Jackson.
    Vince Young looks to be taking the helm again this week as of yet. With that D-Jax will have more looks considering Maclin possibly will be out again this week. Now subtract from his value the level of stupidity he has and his value lowers drastically. Burress takes this slot. He faces the Bills who give up a lot of red zone passes and he has the ability to turn that into a TD.

Dustin Keller vs Jermicheal Finley.
    Finley takes this slot. Jennings will not be at the top of his game and that has always added up to a very good day for Finley. Plus the Lions will be all over the Packer WR's allowing some room underneath for Finley to explode. Keller should have a good game against the Bills. He has not had an explosive game this season and I do not expect one this week.

Patriots vs Saints.
    2 defenses that are not much of a defense. I say the Patriots take this slot for no other reason than the Eagles offense is all messed up and they do not have to contend with Vick due to his broken ribs. The Giants have the ability to score against the Saints and will do what they can to match them score for score bring on a possible shoot out, making for low fantasy value.

Mallers Da Winna takes this slot.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to PHW for the win!

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by mem View Post
    Congrats to PHW for the win!
    Little closer than I would have liked it. but I'll take it
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

F this game. F this league. And F all y'all.

Christ...
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Loving the Game but damn these injuries mid and end of the season. I wasn't sure you would pull that win off Revolver. I thought you were gonna get steam rolled there for a sec.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GodofInsanity View Post
    Loving the Game but damn these injuries mid and end of the season. I wasn't sure you would pull that win off Revolver. I thought you were gonna get steam rolled there for a sec.
    Nah. I took those honors this week. And barring a 70 point performance by Drew Brees........
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND