User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Week 11 Round Up!

I want to start out by addressing what could have been considered a controversial move by Zombie League Commissioner TCM Revolver. We had 2 teams that looks to be not making any moves and was letting there teams ride out the season. Abandoned it seemed. So the teams were benched. I had mixed feelings at first about this. I hate abandoned teams. It draws a league down in my opinion, especially in competitive leagues, even just for fun ones. But usually the teams ride it out. I did loose a championship one year to a team like this. It pissed me off to no end. So as I thought about it, I agreed with the move. Since it looks like one team has come back and put players back in and one still looks abandoned. Que sera. I will say good move.

Because of the above moves, I won't worry about tooting my own horn seeing how I did last week since 2 games picks kinda got skewered. No worries. I look forward to this weeks games and picks so here we go.

Bye Week Teams .

Colts .
    Saints .
    Steelers .
    Texans .

Injuries .
    This list is long and nasty this late in the season. Read it and hope you make it through in one piece.

Miles Austin WR (Dal)
    Hamstring. Still out.

Matt Shaub QB (Tex)
    Foot. This is a big one boys and girls. It looks like he is out for the season. Guess it does not matter if Andre Johnson returns now.

Matt Cassel QB (KC)
    Hand. Out and went through surgery. We will see when he get back.

Ahmad Bradshaw RB (NYG)
    Foot. Still out.

LaDainian Tomlinson RB (NYJ)
    Foot. Deemed out this week.

Darren McFadden RB (Oak)
    Foot. Out another week. A plus for Micheal Bush owners.

Jeremy Maclin WR (Phi)
    AC Joint/Hamstring. Has not practiced all week. Looks like he won’t play.

Micheal Vick QB (Phi)
    Ribs. They're busted pretty bad so do not expect him to pull a Romo and play through the pain.

Malcolm Floyd WR (Diego)
    Hip. Out this week.

A.J. Green WR (Cin)
    Knee. Hasn't practiced this week and looks to be out.

Team Moves .

Cats HateHitler.
    Dropped Blaine Gabbert and picked up Mike Nugent.
    Damn tells ya something when I had to look up Gabbert and see what position he played. With that good drop and a kicker is a kicker, not a bad pick up.

Paint Huffing Warriors.
    Dropped Matt Shaub and picked up Colt McCoy.
    Shaub looks to be out the season. That hurts, especially if McCoy was the best out there to pick up. He has a good handle on the Browns but is not a start every week QB.

Paint Huffing Warriors.
    Dropped Matt Cassel and picked up Matt Moore.
    Damn QB's may want to avoid your team cause they get fucked up. Cassel wasn't all that big of a loss considering how he has played this season. Moore is not all that great of a pick up considering how he has played for his short season as of yet.

Get To Da Choppa!
    Dropped Reggie Wayne and picked up Laurent Robinson.
    Wayne is on bye and has not seen the end zone since week 1. Robinson has has some good games and though I may not be on his band wagon yet he looks to be a better play than Wayne. Good move.

Winter Nom Noms.
    Dropped Dwayne Bowe and picked up Denarius Moore.
    With Cassel out Bowe may be a bad play. Moore looks to be Palmer's favorite target so good move.

Winter Nom Noms.
    Dropped Robbie Gould and picked up Kellen Winslow.
    Gould as a kicker is not a bad drop. Winslow is not a bad pick up if you need a TE. Not a great pick up but not horrible either.

Mallers Da Winna.
    Dropped Mike Williams and picked up Dwayne Bowe.
    And he rolls the dice! Bowe may do well and surely will still be the Chiefs #1 WR. We just are not to sure what this back up QB Tyler Palko will do. But if you have Mike Williams then what the hell, why not.

Mallers Da Winna.
    Dropped Sebastian Janikowski and picked up Robbie Gould.
    Eh a kicker is a kicker and there is still some question if Janikowski will be back this week.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) vs Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo) .

Tom Brady vs Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    He is back in it boys and girls. Brady has had 2 300 yard weeks in a row after a bit of a slump. This week he faces off with the Chiefs. Does anyone think the Chiefs are gonna be able to stop him from a 3rd week with 300+ yards. Me neither. Fitzpatrick seems to be in the midst of his slump. This week against the Dolphins should be a good play and he has every chance to pull out of his slump but we will go with Brady for the mean time for this slot.

Joe Flacco vs Cam Newton.
    Newton had a rough week last week but still did good on the ground. He faces off against the Lions this week who got ripped last weekend. They will be out to set that record straight and will go after him with a vengeance. Flacco also had a rough week and an embarrassing loss to the Seahawks. The Bengals will sense that weakness and come for him. He will have another rough day and rely heavily on Ray Rice. Newton should take this slot.

Adrian Peterson vs Fred Jackson.
    Two hardcore RB's here. I like both of them. Jackson is up against Miami who have turned out to be pretty strong against the run. Jackson has the ability to overcome that and do it with ease. Peterson is up against the Raiders who are pretty bad at run defense. Though I think both of these guys are going to have a pretty good weekend, Peterson will have less resistance and end up having a much bigger day. Peterson takes this slot.

Mario Manningham vs Micheal Turner.
    Manningham is set to have a pretty good weekend against the Eagles defense. Usually I would just say this is Turner's slot but with the Falcons going to the air more often and using there WR's as efficiently as they have been, it makes me leery of putting all my eggs in his basket. Manningham has come down with a TD once in each of the last 3 games. I am going to lean towards Turner for this slot because he will have an easy game against the Titans but do not blink cause Manningham will be right on his heels.

Anquan Boldin vs Dez Bryant.
    Boldin should do well considering the Bengals secondary is a bit banged up at the moment. But I like Bryant for this slot. Austin is still out which immediately affected his numbers in a positive way. This week he is up against the Redskins secondary which could give him a workout but they are not as hot as they were in the beginning of the season. Though the Bengals are beat up, they will still keep Boldin working hard for his paycheck. He has been pretty steady these last few weeks and there is no reason to expect any different.

Jason Witten vs Jake Ballard.
    Ballard may be becoming a staple in the Giants offense but it still has not added up to what we would like to see. The Eagles may let him slip through as they scamper to cover the Giants WR's. I do not think this will put him over Witten. Witten takes this slot. Romo has no problem utilizing him and with Austin out he has been getting more looks as of late. With the amount of times he gets thrown to expect a big day against the Redskins who give up a lot to opposing TE's.

Cowboys vs Ravens.
    I know it was tough to watch a stout defense like the Ravens last week open up like a sieve. This week is an important game and they will be there to show last week was just a fluke of overconfidence. They should have a pretty good day stopping the Bengals. On the other side of the coin is the Cowboys facing the Redskins. An easy day for them as well. The Redskins offense is non existent. Between Shannahan's inability to choose a RB and stick with him and not being sure if Beck or Grossman will be at the helm, (Grossman is slated to start right now but that could change) it looks like the Cowboys will take this slot with ease. But they best not let up or the Ravens could pass them up.

This will be a good match. It looks like Azoic Defenders may come out ahead of Voodoo Children here.

Winter Nom Noms (Mrscott101) vs Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver) .

Tony Romo vs Matthew Stafford.
    Last week we saw a dismal performance by Stafford which culminated with him throwing an opposing player to the ground starting a brawl. I think he may come out this week and take that frustration out on the Panthers. Romo is up against the Redskins who played better at the beginning of the season. That does not necessarily count them out but we have watched them struggle against lesser offenses. Its a tough call but I like Romo here. Even with Miles Austin out, he has enough weapons to keep that ball in the air and a rushing game that will let his wide-outs work with less traffic in the secondary.

Josh Freeman vs Colt McCoy.
    Both these guys are at the bottom of the pool in my opinion. McCoy has not been throwing TD's like we would want to see. Freeman has had maybe 3 or 4 good games this season. McCoy faces the Jaguars who may leave him some openings but do not count on it. Freeman plays the Packers who has a weak secondary and an offense that will score often early. This is a good week that Freeman has a chance to have a real good stats. McCoy just does not have what he needs to take this slot from Freeman who takes this slot basically he was the better of the bad choices.

LeSean McCoy vs Matt Forte.
    A lot of analysts are looking at a very good match up for McCoy here. I hesitate because last week the Eagles did not use him nearly as much as they should have in the 4th quarter. The Giants are real loose against the rush and that has not changed too much since these 2 teams faced off earlier this season. Forte plays a defense that gave up over 200 yards rushing last week. I like Forte here because I do not see a heavily injured Chargers defense being able to stop him if he battles them with the running game we have seen over the last few weeks. This is Forte's slot.

James Starks vs Wes Welker.
    When Welker faces good secondaries it shows and he scores less than 5 fantasy points. This week he faces the Chiefs, by face not the toughest secondary he has seen this season. Expect him to explode. Even with the Chiefs doing everything they can to stop him he will beat them almost every time. Starks is a good fill in RB putting fantasy points up when you need more than a zero. Usually I would toss this slot straight to Welker but Starks needs a good look since he faces a rush defense that has given up more yards and touchdowns this season. This is a good week to have Starks in as he should explode as well. Welker does take this slot but Starks will be right on his tail.

A.J. Green vs Greg Jennings.
    I have to go with Jennings here. He faces a beaten Tampa secondary and has only come up empty for a TD twice this season. It looks like there is a good chance that Green may not play and if he does he will be out there with a bad knee facing the Ravens excellent secondary. Not much needs to be said here because Jennings takes this slot with ease.

Kellen Winslow vs Rob Gronkowski.
    I see that Winslow faces a defense that lets TE's get open and he can exploit that. But he matches up against Gronkowski this week who has been a beast over the last 2 games and this week he faces the Chiefs. I cannot see Winslow exploding and passing Gronkowski for this slot. Gronkowski will have a great weekend considering he does even when splitting time with Aaron Hernandez. This is his slot.

49ers vs Lions.
    I am going to go with the Niners here. They have a great match up against the Cardinals who have no real rushing game at this time which the Niner's could easily stop and Kolb will still be out with his injury. The Lions are set to have a good weekend as well but I do not trust Can Newton not to have any scores and make this defense look like a bad choice after the facts. 49ers take this slot.

Looks like a good match but Paint Huffing Warriors takes this one.

Clear Sights (Clear Sight) vs Team D3ad (7oddisdead) .
    Clear Sights is up against a team that has been benched due to inactivity since September. Any questions can be answered else where on the forums. I will cover high notes to Clear Sights players as all will probably take there slot.

Mark Sanchez.
    Faces a Broncos defense that now has there star CB back. So remember this is Sanchez, a player that was considered overrated and overpaid on a panel at the NFL site.

Kyle Orton.
    Come on now, do your research. He is out and will be more than likely the rest of his Broncos career.

Chris Johnson.
    Johnson finally had a good week last week. Do not jump on the band wagon though if you have other more reliable choices for RB.

Hakeem Nicks.
    He is a for sure this week. Though right now he seems to be 3rd down on the ranking for WR's for the Giants.

DeSean Jackson.
    D-Jax will play this week as long as he does not sleep through any meetings. Problem here though is it looks like Vick will be out. Bad news for any WR on the Eagles.

Jermicheal Finley.
    He has not done as well as expected this season but is still one of the top TE's facing a weak Tampa defense.

Saints.
    A defense we never want to see. Again points for putting players in but this team is on bye and will not do any good.

Get To Da Choppa! (Joosbawx) vs Cats HateHitler (Mem) .

Matt Ryan vs Aaron Rodgers.
    Its hard not to take one look and say oh this is Rodgers slot. He has been a beast this season. He has proven easily that he needs another Super Bowl ring. Ryan is up against the Titans who have done decent against passers allowing only one to get more than 300 yards. Ryan has the talent and the weapons to do just that. But Rodgers faces the 28th worst pass defense in the league. This could easily be a 400 yard game and the only downside is if they take the lead early and they go to a ground game to eat up the clock. This is Rodgers slot.

Tim Tebow vs Alex Smith.
    This is a tough call. Smith is not a very good QB but this week faces the Cardinals who could allow him to slip in more than a single TD to his WR's. Tebow faces the toughest secondary in the league and already has a bad passing rating. His only up side is he can run the ball and score. I do not like the call on this match but Smith has a better chance to pull up and beat out the Cardinals than Tebow does against Darelle Revis and company. This is Smith's slot.

Maurice Jones-Drew vs DeMarco Murray.
    MJD is all that the offense that the Jaguars have to bring to a game. So the Browns will know the way to win is to make sure he does not see the end zone. He will make his numbers but will have to fight for every yard. Murray as made his place in the Cowboys offense. Felix Jones should be back soon but do not think that means Murray will sit on the bench. He has given this team a shot of what it needed to turn it up and turn it on. Jones may sit this weekend he may not, either way Murray takes this slot.

Micheal Bush vs Jonathon Stewart.
    Stewart has seen the end zone only twice this season. Has scored only 3 times into double digits. So no matter what the stats say, what makes you think I can say this guy will take this slot over Micheal Bush. Not much. Bush has been on fire with McFadden out. He is showing that he is as much a part of the Oakland offense as Run DMC is. It will be hard to ignore what he can do and should cut into McFadden's numbers when he returns. Until then, this is all his match and slot.

Steve Johnson vs Calvin Johnson.
    Steve Johnson has struggled ever since week 3 since Fitzpatrick began having real tough games. More recently his output has been minimal and if there is another choice, take it. Now with Calvin Johnson its a whole different story. His worst game was last week against the Bears. It was the 1st game where he did not get double digits and only his second game where he was kept out of the end zone. The Panthers should go a bit easier for him even with a pretty decent secondary. Johnson has been able to get by better. This is Calvin's slot.

Aaron Hernandez vs Vernon Davis.
    Davis has not reached the end zone enough for me to put my money on him but will say he has a real good chance this weekend facing the Cardinals. But here he is matched up against Hernandez who is the 2nd part (or 1st part depending on the week) of the dynamic duo in New England. Its tough to find 1 good TE per team considered elite the Patriots have 2. This week against the Chiefs, there will be enough action for both to shine. Hernandez takes this slot.

Falcons vs Eagles.
    Another one of those tough picks. The Falcons were burned bad by the Saints last week as expected. The Eagles are an up and down defense trending towards down. This week facing the Giants the Eagles could end up in a shoot out but Manning can have a tendency to throw to the wrong team. The Falcons face off with the Titans who may have a running game finally (don't bet on it though). This could turn into a defensive nightmare as they try to contain Johnson and hold off a mediocre Hassleback. Coin flip time. Falcons take this slot.

It looks like Get to Da Choppa! may put a stop to Cats HateHitler's winning streak.

Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor) vs Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig) .

Eli Manning vs Jay Cutler.
    Cutler has not had a very spectacular season this year. He is there and he is putting points up but not many in the fantasy world. Its no secret that the Bears offense sits heavily on Matt Forte. He is up against the Chargers and that may help but not much. Manning on the other hand is up against an Eagles team that has been a major flop this season. There last match up he did really well and everything points that way again. I think I agree, Manning takes this slot.

Matt Hasselback vs Carson Palmer.
    Palmer has gotten better since his horrible 1st game when he went in with only 4 plays under his belt. Now he has had 2 really nice games showing that he is actually a good QB no matter what Mike Brown wanted people to think. This week he is across from Hasselback who has had a rough up and down season though not as bad as expected truly. Not sure if I would start him if I had another option. Makes ya wonder how he would have done with an uninjured Kenny Britt. Well that’s enough pondering because Palmer takes this slot.

Beanie Wells vs Shonne Greene.
    I want to start that I am not a fan of Greene. That extra E at the end of his name always fucks me up. Also I do not feel he is more than a mid range RB at best. He has only 3 TD's this season and rarely gets a double digit score. But he is up against Wells who also has not done nearly as well (no puns intended) as expected. Add in that Wells is playing one of the strongest run D's in the league. I would take him next week but this week I have to go with Greene. This slot is his.

??? vs Vincent Jackson.
    He takes this slot by default. Jackson faces the Bears who have done pretty well as a defense this season. It took me a few weeks to be sold on them but I am now. And mind you it has nothing to do with Jackson's talent as much as it has to do with Phillip Rivers struggling this season.

Plaxico Burress vs Larry Fitzgerald.
    Arizona back up QB Skelton knows what he has to do and that is pass the ball to Fitzgerald as often as humanly possible. If he can get the ball near Fitzgerald, more often than not this talented WR will haul it in. Downside is they face the 49ers who are tougher on the run than the pass but they will blitz Skelton all day long. Burress is getting a lot of action near the goal line sure but that has added to only 6 TD's this season. And its not getting the yards needed to make up for the lack of TD's. I like Fitzgerald here, this is his slot.

Dustin Keller vs Jimmy Graham.
    Graham is on bye. Keller takes this slot by default. Keller has not done near as well as he should have this season. He may get open with the Broncos but we will have to see how that goes because there has been other opportunities for him to explode that has passed him up.

Packers vs Texans.
    Texans are on bye this week. Packers take this slot by default. Packers face Tampa and should give Freeman a good workout. He is has not thrown the most interceptions in the NFL but he is only one QB away from taking that title. The Packers are not a great defense but this is a match up you could not pass up.

Team Devil Dogs take this match.

"Gatherer"

Status
    And damnit Voodoo, you happy, I did not predict you to win.....both times I have predicted you to lose you won...not sure how I feel about that since I am playing ya

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GodofInsanity View Post
    And damnit Voodoo, you happy, I did not predict you to win.....both times I have predicted you to lose you won...not sure how I feel about that since I am playing ya
    So after all that.....after the Bills IMPLODING and ruining my fantasy week......all that needs to happen is Brady needs to have a substandard performance against KC tomorrow and I steal a victory from you.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Fred Jackson was put on IR today...that just about tanks the Bills season from here on out me thinks

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GodofInsanity View Post
    Fred Jackson was put on IR today...that just about tanks the Bills season from here on out me thinks
    The bills being the bills tanked their season long before Fred Jackson landed on IR.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Gatherer"

Status
    True but I always held hope that they would start to tread water sometime

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Nah. Hard to tread water with no arms and legs...