User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Burt Burt / Raydon Labs / Foreshadowing...

Ok, So here is a half baked theory I was floating around in Season 1. Season 2 is complete and we got some more key pieces of info and with season 3 on the way I thought I would throw it out again.

What we "know"...
    Burt had an RPG and rockets in the safe
    Latch cracked open the safe
    Burt, got to his store after it had been ransacked and safe cracked and looted
    The mallers got the RPGs and used it on the Tower
    Burt took one look at a badge on a "smart zombie" and said sommething like yup, that is a level 3 ID from Raydon Labs. You have to be pretty smart to get one of those.

What has always bothered me is that the prison is by the coast.
    Locked and Loaded is inland on the other side of the valley.
    The Mallers hideout is back on the coast.

Between the prison and Locked and Loaded is ground zero, right were the outbreak started.

So, the outbreak started and must have gotten to a serious boil for Scratch to walk into the prison and break everyone out. I do not care how loud she can scream or how well she was armed. You just do not flounce into a Maximum Security Prison and say Booo or even trick or treat and free everybody. If 90% of the guards run away it could be done, but it would still take a lot of time. If there is a riot outside, my guess is the prison would go to lockdown on the inside compounding the problems.

So, where is Burt?

Burt is a survivalist. He was fully geared for Y2K and the stuff was still set and ready to go. LA is literally imploding and Burt sleeps through it? Stores are being looted in the riot and Burt figures that there is no way anyone would be interested in guns at a time like this? Burt is obviously pretty busy doing something. What?

Raydon Labs. To be that familiar with the badge, my guess is he is, well, familiar with Raydon Labs. Maybe Burt was part of security for Raydon Labs. Maybe retired, works as a merc, as an advisor, something. So, he is a little tied up with Ground Zero and Raydon Labs trying to contain the outbreak in Raydon Labs before it breaks the containment of Raydon labs.

Or, we can go darker. Burt says something like. Look at the stars, now that there are a lot less of us things are going to change. The next day he sure does have fun shooting zombies and even says so. Just like Nam allover again.

We know that this outbreak was occurring all over the US and Internationally. That is a conspiracy and requires many actors. Security and IT would have to be pretty damn dumb to have a system that releases the contaigen all over the world by a single accident. These things were probably locked down with security akin to Nukes.

So, accident is probably out. Conspiracy is a good bet. If there is one thing we have learned is that for the purposes of good story-telling the laws of probability are pretty much thrown out. Things are llinked much closer than they first appear. 5+ million in LA, a group of ~40 survivors is the son of a member of another set of 500 survivors in Anahiem. Mean while, Hope escapes and hooks up with the group down south while her mother goes to directly to jail and does not collect $200. But, she does meet Datu.

Etc.

So, I am sure there are a lot more of these that have not been played.
    Likes Storm, Bakkie-Pleur liked this post

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Burt was protecting his store, a bunch of Zeds pop in and he was forced to hide in the bathroom. After locking himself in, and not being able to leave because of the fact that the Zeds waited for him, Scratch und Latch bust in, kill the Zeds (Or they left for new prey), crack the safe and make off with a bunch of shiny new weapons.

Nice theory though, also I can't be sure at all of what Burt did before the outbreak, so it is plausible. Then again, if there's a biological-experimental centre near where you live or work it wouldn't hurt to do a little research to quell your fears.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Yea, could be anything.

A couple of other things I thought of this morning listenting to Lady and the Tink. Burt says that Sauls place is the ritz compared to where he lives. I think I remember someone in real life saying there is low rent neighborhood about where ground zero was. So, you are right, maybe he did live near by.

"Lurker"

Status

raydon labs

I wonder what raydon labs focus is and wether its based on real locations

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I still think Burt s connected to Raydon Labs. It will be found in einglewoods neighborhood right near ground zero and is home. Burt was delayed getting to his own store because he was delayed trying to contain one aspect of the initial outbreak.

Interestingly, einglewoods labs is a real life skin care products company and we know how much KC likes to put breadcrumbs in the names. For example all the survivors in the tower were also survivors of the Tianic. It's all about the weave.
    Likes Red Shirt, Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Throw in one additional question. Burt introduced us to the concept of the "Smart One", and offered the concept that the intelligence of a zombie is dependent on their intelligence before they were bit. That always struck me as a big logical leap, based on his story of having spent the whole outbreak locked in the bathroom. Maybe he does have some knowledge he hasn't shared yet.

As for Radon Labs, I've long thought that it would figure into the story again before the story ends.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    I never heard of this raydon labs/burt connection.. There must be more behind this.. You remeber which episode he mentions this?
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bakkie-Pleur View Post
    I never heard of this raydon labs/burt connection.. There must be more behind this.. You remeber which episode he mentions this?
    there's not a stated connection. Around the time Saul and Angel find Burt they kill a smart one and he noticed the Raydon lab tag on the dead zombie. It's a theory that Burt knows more about Raydon labs than he's mentioned.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Well there is a connection... He must have heard of raydon labs before if he recognizes it. But him living in the area that of course says nothing at all. He could just have driven by the building every day...
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Burt says something like see that, that's a level three I.D. From Raydon Labs. You have to be really smart to get one of those. The way I figure it, the smarter you are in life, the smarter you are in death. End paraphrase. He is talking about a biter that climbed up the fire escape or similar to ambush Saul and Angel on the roof.

That is a hell of a lot more knowledge about Raydon Labs and what constitutes which security level than just something in passing about a dead zombie on the roof.

We know Burt lives in a really rundown neighborhood. He calls Saul's apartment the Ritz compare to where he ( Burt ) lives. Einglewoods fits that nicely in real life right? Even the name Raydon Labs fits with KC's style. A gas. What's in ground zero? A gas that is not stopped by the classic activated charcoal chemical filters.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast