User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Week 10 Round Up!

For match picks I picked 3 right and tanked 2. For players picks I went 21/35. Tough week. I have only 5 more weeks to get a 5/5 on match picks. So with a 5 way tie at 5-4 who will move up this week and get knocked down. Can Paint Huffing Warriors stop his losing streak. Can Voodoo Children put a stops to Cats HateHitler's winning steak at 4 win or will Cats keep the momentum. Lets see what we got going on this week.

Injuries.

Kevin Kolb QB (Ari)
    Turf Toe. Listed as questionable but analysts all think he will not play.

Miles Austin WR (Dal)
    Hamstring. Listed doubtful, everything I read this week say he will be out 3 to 4 weeks.

Felix Jones RB (Dal)
    Concussion. Still out.

Jahvid Best RB (Det)
    Concussion. Still Out.

Andre Johnson WR (Tex)
    Hamstring. It was looking like he would return this week but is listed as out.

Hakeem Nicks WR (NYG)
    Hamstring. Listed as possible, everything out there points to not playing.

Ahmed Bradshaw RB (NYG)
    Foot. Listed as out.

Darren McFadden RB (Oak)
    Foot. Out, still in a walking boot.

Team Moves.

Paint Huffing Warriors.
    Dropped Rian Lindell and picked up Nick Folk.
    Not a bad move truly considering Lindell is out for 6 weeks due to a shoulder injury. Folk is not a bad pick up.

Azoic Defenders.
    Dropped Jackie Battle and picked up Redskins defense.
    Not a bad move. Redskins are up against Miami and that should turn out well. Battle was a good bye week option but if you are set in RB's a kick to the curb is not a bad thing.

Voodoo Children.
    Dropped Mike Nugent.
    Excess kickers are dead weight to a rosters bench.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) vs Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor) .

Tom Brady vs Eli Manning.
    I hate to say it but I think I am going to go with Manning here. Normally I wouldn't go against The Machine we know as Tom Brady. But this week he goes to Revis Island and that can be a tough match up for any team. He may be out for blood after last weeks loss but at the same time its hard to go with him this week. Manning on the other hand goes up against the 22nd ranked pass defense in the league. Add in that he seems to have figured out how to throw without interceptions and there is not a true running game for the Giants. Manning takes this slot but do not count Brady out completely, he could sneak up on this one.

Joe Flacco vs Matt Hasselback.
    I think I like Flacco for this slot. He is a solid #2 QB and faces the Seahawks this week who have a weak secondary and could allow a lot of yards. Granted if they get to an early lead it could become the Ray Rice show but Flacco will get his as well this week. Hasselback has surprised me this year by having more better games than not. By face not being a top play fantasy QB he could end up with a really good game here but I see them trying to get Chris Johnson to have a good game more against a weak run defense. His game won't put him over Flacco by far.

Pierre Thomas vs Arian Foster.
    Foster takes this slot with ease. Since he has returned from injury he has been a beast. He does so well there has been enough to share with his back up Ben Tate who has posted to 100 yard games in the last 3 as well. This week they face Tampa Bay and truthfully that won't even cause Foster to lose breath as he blows by them. Thomas should have a good game as well against the Falcons. Ingram will be out more than likely week 12, leaving Thomas to be there go to back.

Adrian Peterson vs Darren Sproles.
    I like Peterson here. He faces the Packers who just a few weeks ago he ran all over for almost 200 yards. He has the talent to do it again. The Packers may be ready for him and they play in Green Bay but I do not think the cold weather will stop him. Sproles faces the Falcons and seems to be the Saints #1 back at this time. Only thing is it seems he is more of a goal line back right now as they let Thomas pick up the mileage as they march across the field. I think he will have a good game just won't even be on the same par as Peterson.

Anquan Boldin vs Deion Branch.
    I like Boldin's match up here. The Seahawks have struggled to contain the pass all season and this week looks no different. There only reprieve is that the Ravens have a solid rushing game that they will not hesitate to use against them. Branch is an up and down option. He faces the Jets who are #1 against the pass. He may see some action as they concentrate on Welker but this is a team that has shown a liking to throw to there TE's this season. Do not expect anything big.
    NOTE: Plaxico Burress in for Deion Branch. A good move in that Burress is actually more involved with the Jets offense than Branch is with the Patriots offense. Its a better match but I still like Boldin against the Seahawks. No change to outcome.

Jason Witten vs Dustin Keller.
    Keller has not been a solid option since week 3 it seems. This is also a defense that did stop him in previous match up. They may not stop the pass very well but they will try to keep him out as an option as they try to stop the rest of the Jets offense. With that Witten easily takes this slot. Austin is out again for about 4 weeks and that served him very well earlier in the season. Buffalo may offensively give them a game but there defense leaves nothing to worry about for Witten.
    NOTE: Greg Olsen in for Dustin Keller. Another good move. Olsen is by far more involved where Keller has not had as much attention as we would like to see. No change though Witten still has the advantage here.

Cowboys vs Packers.
    Tough pick in my opinion. Both have major downfalls. The Bills who face the Cowboys have done very well at putting points up on the board against tough defenses this season. The Packers may do well against the Viking pass but they face Adrian Peterson who they failed to stop miserably the last time they met to the tune of 175 yards and a TD. I think I will go with the Packers here. I do not think they will bottle up Peterson but I do think that they will make Ponders day real hard keeping them ahead of the Cowboys.
    NOTE: Redskins placed in over the Cowboys. The Cowboys should have done pretty well but the Redskins face off with Miami and this defense is good enough to take advantage of Miami. This outcome changes in favor of the Redskins tromping a very weak Miami offense.

Azoic Defenders should take this match.

Clear Sights (Clear Sights) vs Paint Huffing Warriors. (TCM Revolver) .

Mark Sanchez vs Matt Shaub.
    This one is actually a tough call. I was initially going to go with Shaub here. I like his match up and even with Johnson still out he has some really good receivers. But I am thinking they are going to utilize Arian Foster and Ben Tate heavily here. With that I am going to go with Sanchez. I know the Jets have been working on there rushing game but the Patriots is the worst pass defense in the league at the moment. Its to good of a chance for Sanchez to use him arm to help open up routes for his RB's.
    NOTE: Ben Roethlisberger placed in for Matt Shaub. He has a good match up but I still like Sanchez facing the Patriots weak secondary.

??? vs Matt Cassel.
    Cassel has a good match up this week against Denver. There defense is starting to gather themselves but in no way should be able to put up a serious defense for him. Though, it is Matt Cassel, they may not have to put up much of a pass defense to stop him. His slot by default.
    NOTE: A plug where we didn't really expect it. Matthew Stafford in for Matt Cassel. A much better play. Stafford faces a tough Bears defense but will easily take this slot facing no one.

Chris Johnson vs Matt Forte.
    I was really impressed with Forte last Monday. He was intent on carrying the team on his back and legs and with his will helped push his team to a win over Philly. He faces the Lions who are not tough on the rush but will be after his QB with the pass rush that they have become very adept at. With all of that I am going to go with him here. Again I see that Chris Johnson is up against an easy team in the way of rush defense. Sure the Panthers have a weak line, but I am not sold on the fact Johnson will do well in any circumstance this season. This is his best chance to prove me wrong.

DeSean Jackson vs Wes Welker.
    I am going to go with Welker here. True he visits Revis Island this week but pass occurrences has not hindered him as much as one would have thought. He will be Brady's big target and the Jets will have to work overtime to contain him. Jackson has been a big bust in my opinion. And its not about talent. He should be doing better but he is not getting the looks he should garner. With that he should have a great game in Arizona but I won't put my money on it.

Hakeem Nicks vs Greg Jennings.
    Nicks could possibly be out and even if he plays it will be limited. With that Jennings takes this slot. He faces a weak Vikings pass defense. With Rodgers throwing the way he is, Jennings will have a great game without much of a problem at all.

Jermicheal Finley vs Rob Gronkowski.
    I like Gronkowski here. It was proven that they like to target him a bit more as Hernandez takes the heat off of him. Add in that there will be a lot of short work on Revis Island this weekend he looks to have a really good game. Finley seems to have come around but that does not enable me to put down that he will do well enough to take this slot. Expect a good game but nothing explosive.

Saints vs Lions.
    I like the Lions here. They will work over Jay Cutler. The Bears did well protecting him from the Eagles last week but the Lions are better at pressuring the passer than the Eagles are. Saints are not a good defensive pick and this they face Atlanta with Micheal Turner routing most teams. It could be a rough week for this defense.

There is no reason for Paint Huffing Warriors not to take this slot.

Cats HateHitler (Mem) vs Voodoo Children. (Nikvoodoo) .

Aaron Rodgers vs Drew Brees.
    Both of these guys are going to have great games. Can anyone believe that Rodgers has yet to score under 20 fantasy points yet this season. Brees has yet to not make a TD in a game. I would like to pick both because I have a hunch this is going to be a shoot out. I am going to go with Rodgers here. He has yet to be denied and I do not see the Vikings pulling off shutting him down this week. A 400 yard game is not out of the question here for him.

Alex Smith vs Cam Newton.
    I have to go with Newton here. He has only one game this season with no touchdowns and that was against the Falcons. He should have a pretty easy day facing the Titans, who are rated as a decent pass defense but have done well only against mediocre passers. Smith is less than mediocre. He is a general on the field at best. Relying heavy on there run game, he bags maybe 200 yard and a TD this game.

DeMarco Murray vs Fred Jackson.
    The Jets last week set out to shut Jackson down and succeeded for the most part letting him put up only 82 yards and no TD's. This week he faces the Cowboys who are not nearly as tough on the rush as the Jets. Expect him to run all over them Sunday. Murray has been a fantastic surprise this season exploding onto the field after Felix Jones got hurt. Jones is out again and Murray gets to strut his stuff against the Bills. These guys are head to head this week. Who takes the slot. Jackson does.

Jonathan Stewart vs Micheal Turner.
    I do not buy into Stewart doing really well against the Titans. The Panthers have a tried and true passing game and will go with it. They will not let up even if they take an early lead. He will get some action but nothing to gawk at. Turner, I thought would have had a bigger game last week, but I think the Falcons took it easy on the Colts truthfully. This week they face the Saints and will not be able to take it easy scoring wise. The burners are on and Turner will take this slot against the Saints weak rush defense.

Calvin Johnson vs Dez Bryant.
    Miles Austin is out, so that should say the Bryant should get more action. Truthfully though the passing game in Dallas has been a bit stagnate and Austin hasn't had the action we would expect of him. But when he was out previously, Bryant did see a boost so it could go either way here. Johnson has been a beast this season. Even facing a strong pass defense with the Bears expect him to take this slot with ease. He has a good history with the Bears and there is nothing to say this week will be any different.

Vernon Davis vs Jake Ballard.
    I like Ballard here. He has come up and done a good job after Kevin Boss got traded. Manning has been using him heavy the closer they get to the goal line and that could turn into a TD easily. Davis who we expected to have a great season has not been involved near as much as we had hoped. He has had only 3 double digit games and I do not expect to see one this week.

Eagles vs Ravens.
    Ravens easily have this one. The Seahawk's have little chance against the top defense in the league this week. Tavaris Jackson has not had done great this season and this week will be beat up pretty badly. The Eagles go up against the Cardinals with an injured QB. Its not pretty there but the Eagles have been a surprise let down a couple times this season to make me shy away from them.

Barring bad scoring from great players. This week belongs to the embattled Voodoo Children.

Get To Da Choppa! ( Joosbawx) vs Winter Nom Noms (Mrscott101) .

Matt Ryan vs Tony Romo.
    I like both of these guys though I can see the faults to both of them. Romo has an injured WR and an emerging running game that was good before but is great now. Ryan has been an up and down player all season. Personally I like the match up for Ryan. He goes against a weak Saints pass defense and all of his WR's are healthy. They also have a strong rushing game to take some heat off of him. Romo has a good rushing game as well but with Austin out 4 to 5 weeks and the fact that they were already struggling with there passing game takes some of the luster of him away. I like Ryan for this slot.

Tim Tebow vs Andy Dalton.
    Tebow isn't much of a bet. He likes to run the ball and that is his upside. Another is that he faces the Chiefs who have a very soft defense. I would easily like to slide over to Dalton and point out how consistent he has been this season save for a couple points but this week he faces the Steelers and that is enough to make me back away. He will have a real tough weekend and I do not see the Steelers taking it easy on him. This is Tebow's slot.

Maurice Jones-Drew vs LeSean McCoy.
    I think I will go with Jones-Drew here. He faces the Colts who are second to last against the rush and he is just too tempting not to say he will take this slot. McCoy will do great against the Cardinals as well but I see them having a bit more of a chance to stop McCoy than the Colts do to stop MJD.

Willis McGahee vs Mike Wallace.
    I like Wallace for this slot. The Bengals have a pretty good secondary but with the emergence of Antonio Brown to take some heat off of him, Wallace seems to have the chance to have a really nice day. I like McGahee and he had a terrific week last week but I do not know if he can pull that off again or if Tebow will take away enough rushing yards from him to impact his fantasy value.

Julio Jones vs A.J. Green.
    Green by sheer volume should do well but the Steelers know he is Dalton's #1 target and he will feel that coverage during his whole game. He has the talent to come down with what is thrown to him but Dalton's accuracy may become a big hindrance. Jones is up against a weak Saints secondary and this should allow him to open up as well as Roddy White helping take heat off of him. They will probably help each other greatly in that concern splitting the Saints defense apart pretty well. This is Jones slot.

Aaron Hernandez vs Owen Daniels.
    I like Daniels match up this week. He faces Tampa who go real easy on the coverage for TE's. Add in that most defenses have gone out of there way to shut him down and that Tampa does not have the defense to shut him down makes for him to have a great game. Hernandez isn't a yards guy and that hurts his fantasy value. But he is a red zone guy for Brady so the potential for TD's is great. He will be hot on Daniels heels for this slot. But in the end this is Daniels slot.

Falcons vs 49ers.
    49ers take this slot with ease. They do face the Giants and that may hurt them if they allow Manning to throw unhindered like he did last week. But the 49ers are a tough defense and will not let the Giants off easy. The Falcons are a bad move. As much as I may like any offensive weapon they have against the Saints weak defense, I would not want to be in front of the steamroller that is there offense. Brees and company know how to score and will do so all game. This could easily become a negative score.

It may be close but Winter Nom Noms should come out ahead here.

Team D3ad (7oddisdead) vs Team Devil Dogs. (USMCludwig)

Kevin Kolb vs Micheal Vick.
    Kolb is doubtful and unlikely to play. If he does he will be far from fully healthy to do the job needed against the Eagles. Vick had a tough week last week, but do not expect that to be the norm. The Cardinals have a much weaker defense than the Bears do this season and should be easy picking for Vick. This is his slot.

Jason Campbell vs Carson Palmer.
    Campbell is out. Palmer takes this slot by default. Look to him to do better and better each week as he learns more play and gets into the groove of the offense in Oakland. San Diego is a good practice round for him as there defense is not what it should be and will be a bit more open than a couple of his next further out defenses may be.

Ray Rice vs Shonne Greene.
    I like Rice for this one. He faces what is considered a tough Seahawks rush defense but was tore up by Cowboys RB Murray last week. Rice is a far better RB and has a larger skill set to utilize against the Seahawks if they get tough on the run. Greene had a concussion last week. He has been cleared to play this week and faces the Patriots. The Patriots may not be a tough defense but considering his injury last week and they will try to stop him as much as possible since they won't have much luck stopping any air attack makes him a bad bet.

Steven Jackson vs Vincent Jackson.
    Both of these guys have a great match up. I know that Oakland is revitalized but how Vincent Jackson does is based solely on how well his QB throws and we have seen Rivers struggle a lot this season. Steven Jackson has come back to being his old self this last couple weeks and the only question is can they stay in the game long enough to use his skills are will they fall behind and have to attempt the pass to catch up. Its a tough call. Considering he is the Rams best weapon I am going to lean on Steven Jackson and say this is his slot.

Roddy White vs Larry Fitzgerald.
    I like White against a weak Saints secondary. He should have a pretty decent game considering that with Julio Jones back and on fire that will take some of the attention off of him giving White a better chance to get open. Fitzgerald is set up to have a tough weekend. Kolb when in is mediocre but may not play and the back up Skelton could have a tough time of it against the Eagles who will come for this inexperienced QB. Easily White's slot.

Antonio Gates vs Jimmy Graham.
    I like both of these picks and truly it could go either way. Graham has had a tough few weeks and though potentially could have a great game playing the Falcons this week is considered a tough bet. The odds are against him as the Saints choose to utilize a good rushing game that they have right not. Gates has a good match facing the Raiders this weekend and looks to take this slot. Rivers has had a tough year but when Gates plays he ends up getting a lot of dump plays and makes them into something after the fact.

Bears vs Texans.
    Bears face a tough Lions offense but the Eagles were considered tough as well. They will do what they can to stop the Lions and may succeed but will have a tougher time of it than a surprisingly strong Texans defense this season holding down Tampa Bay. The Texans have had some low moments this season but this weekend shouldn't be to tough for them. This is there slot.

[/COLOR]Team D3ad should take this match.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Did Clear Sights bench his whole team?

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    There were 2 teams that were no longer playing. In the interest of fairness to those teams that are actually trying, their rosters had been cleared in order to stop any "flukey" losses from happening. There is nothing more frustrating than losing your hard earned spot in the playoffs because his team blew up. (the 3 players that actually played)
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

So do I get a win back because of a fluky loss?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

I can't prorate this at all. But after talking it over with a bunch of other league mangers, I decided this was the best route. and I had the EXACT thing happen to me 2 years ago in a different league.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Sorry, but if you're not going back and pro-rating wins, but bench the entire team from here on out I think that's bs. You're giving those who play against them now an advantage vs those who got jobbed out before. I sat you either prorate all wins against an entirely benched team, or you don't do it at all.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Sorry, but if you're not going back and pro-rating wins, but bench the entire team from here on out I think that's bs. You're giving those who play against them now an advantage vs those who got jobbed out before. I sat you either prorate all wins against an entirely benched team, or you don't do it at all.
    stop complaining... I was able to go back and adjust individual scores... sheesh

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

That's all I was lookin for!

And I've been assembling and rearranging furniture all weekend. All I have left in me is complaining.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    All I have left in me is complaining.
    How is this different than any other day??

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TCM Revolver View Post
    How is this different than any other day??
    .....I see what you did there.

And as a side note: GoI: STOP PREDICTING THAT I'M GOING TO WIN!!!! You're jinxing me!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast