User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Week 9 Round Up!

Well last week felt a little better on picks at least. And before I continue, if anyone wants to throw in on who they think will win the matches, Follow up with your opinion. No prizes if you get it right, other than bragging rights, and damnit there ain't much better than the right to say “TOLD YA!” But continuing, last week I went 4 for 5 on the matches. Almost went card but Team D3ad snuck in and stole a win from Voodoo Children. As to player picks, 26 for 35. Not bad, still lower than I shoot for but I went card on one game and that always brings a smile. Self gratification, don't knock it. OK enough weirdness here, let's see what we got going this week.

Bye Week Teams

Lions.
    Vikings.
    Panthers.
    Jaguars.

Injuries

Peyton Hillis RB (Cle)
    Hamstring. Looks like he hurt it in practice. What a bust this year.

Felix Jones RB (Dal)
    Ankle. Still out. Not good news, but worse is when he gets back he will be splitting time with DeMarco Murray.

Andre Johnson WR (Tex)
    Hamstring. Still out. Almost looked like he would be back. Maybe next week.

Darren McFadden RB (Oak)
    Foot. Still out.

Ryan Matthews RB (Diego)
    Groin. All news points to him being out this weekend.

Hakeem Nicks WR (NYG)
    Hamstring. Everything points to him not playing Sunday.

Ahmad Bradshaw RB (NYG)
    Foot. Looks to be out this week.

Kevin Kolb QB (Ari)
    Turf Toe. Looks like he will be out this week.

Team Moves.

Paint Huffing Warriors.
    Dropped Olindo Mare and picked up Rian Lindell.
    Can't knock this move. Lindell should get a lot of work this weekend with FG's as well as PAT's.

Paint Huffing Warriors.
    Dropped Pierre Thomas and picked up Bengals defense.
    Not a bad move. Thomas can be a good wavier pick up if you need him as a bye week substitute. But if you are good, the Bengals defense is a good pick up.

Cats HateHitler.
    Dropped Daniel Thomas and picked Antonio Brown.
    Brown is a great pick up. He so far has been targeted more than Wallace as he is not as well covered and forgotten. Daniel Thomas being dropped is not a bad move. 1 great game does not mean he needs to be on your roster.

Mallers Da Winna.
    Dropped Colt McCoy and picked up Dustin Keller.
    McCoy is not a bad drop. He is a conservative QB with low fantasy scores. Keller is a solid TE if they involve him in the offense, which has been less then we would like to see.

Azoic Defenders.
    Dropped Ryan Torain and picked up Jackie Battle.
    Tough call. Torain is at the mercy of whoever his coach puts in which we never know who for sure. Battle has proven that he is a play maker. He may not have as good of a game as he had last week but should produce much needed points.

Get To Da Choppa!
    Dropped Jared Cook and picked up Micheal Bush.
    A good pick up considering that McFadden is out another week and bush makes the points when Run DMC is not in. Cook doesn't get enough action to be a solid TE.

Get To Da Choppa!
    Dropped Redskins and picked up Falcons.
    Great pick up considering the Falcons face the Colts. Redskins started hot as a defense and has lost some of its air in the last few weeks.

Azoic Defenders.
    Dropped Peyton Hillis and picked up Pierre Thomas.
    For this week Thomas is a good pick up but he may be a week to week watch for match ups.
    At 1st glance Hillis as a drop raises an eyebrow. But with injuries and low points when he does play make him possibly not a viable fantasy player. The Madden curse hard at work.

Team D3ad (7oddisdead) vs Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity)

Kevin Kolb vs Tom Brady.
    Even with looking at the match ups for Kolb I think I am going to have to go with Brady on this slot.
    I know last week was a tough outing for Brady, But this week he faces the Giants who do not have near the pass protection that the Steelers do. Expect Brady this week to be back to his old self. Kolb faces the Rams and that alone should take him up a notch. But last week we saw the Rams on fire and though it may be tough to maintain that intensity do not expect it to be completely gone either. Add in Kolb is injured and he isn't that great of a QB and you may be worried.

Jason Campbell vs Joe Flacco.
    Campbell is out with busted collar bone. Flacco faces the Steelers defense here and that may be enough by itself to bury your head in the sand. He gets this slot due to no competition. But he faces a team that worked very hard and by most standards shut down Brady last week.

Ray Rice vs Adrian Peterson.
    Peterson is on bye. Rice faces a Steelers defense who has better pass protection than rush defense. Noting that, they have picked up on there rush defense since they met back in week 1. Rice takes this slot but do not expect big points. He will do well, but will have to earn every yard he gets.
    NOTE: Pierre Thomas put in for Adrian Peterson. A good move. It is a closer match but does not change outcome.

Steven Jackson vs Jackie Battle.
    Jackson takes this slot easily. Granted we have never said the Saints have a great defense but we never expected him to explode like he did last week. This week he faces the Cardinals and may not have as big of a day but on that note he still will have a very good day. Battle fills the slot. He should be the main rushing component for the Chiefs and he faces the Dolphins so he will have a good day maybe even one to give Jackson a run for this slot.

Roddy White vs Anquan Boldin.
    I like White for this slot. He faces the Colts and has his #2 WR return which will take some heat off of him. This makes out for a good day for him. Boldin I would love to go with, but he faces the Steelers and I do not expect to see as nice of a day as he had last weekend.

Antonio Gates vs Jason Witten.
    I think I like Witten here. True the Cowboy's passing game has been beat up but they face the Seahawks and this is a pretty good match for him to pick up some good points. Gates should play, that is always in question, and he faces the Packers. He should have a good day considering Packers pass defense is a bit rough. My only hold back for him is Rivers needed to get into the game like he should.

Bears vs Cowboys.
    Based solely on match ups I like the Cowboys here. They face the Seahawks where as the Bears face Philly who seem to be back on track and could be a scoring machine holding the Bears fantasy value down. Cowboys will be out for blood after last week and will take it out on the hapless Seahawks.

It will be close Azoic Defenders should take this one.

Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor) vs Cats HateHitler (Mem)

Eli Manning vs Aaron Rodgers.
    Tough call honestly here. Manning faces one of the worst pass defenses in the league. The Patriots have an awesome and seemly undefeated, (proven untrue last week), offense. But that does not carry over to there defense. Manning has all the weapons he needs to have an awesome day even down a WR. I know sounds like this is his slot right. Hold up though. He faces off with Rodgers, who has not scored less than 20 points on the fantasy scale yet. He is up against the Chargers who are not a defense this year that they were last year. Add in the Rodgers seems to have complete command on the field and this slot slips to him.

Matt Hasselback vs Alex Smith.
    Tough call here. Neither of these QB's make me want to pick them. Smith does not get large points and has only had 2 games over 200 yards. Hasselback just does not get points for fantasy. Both face respectable pass defenses. One has a running game that works where as the other has a non starter for a running game. I like Smiths match up better compared to Hasselback facing off the Bengals. So this is Smiths slot.

Arian Foster vs DeMarco Murray.
    I like Foster for this match up. He has had a couple great weeks and the Browns defense may not be prepared to face a RB of his caliber. Murray faces the Seahawks and should have a good game but may be splitting time with Felix Jones if he comes back this weekend. Add in that the Seahawks rush defense is much better than there pass defense. So expect the Cowboys to go to the air often reducing his fantasy value.

Darren Sproles vs Antonio Brown.
    Leave it to the Steelers to end up with not just 1 dominating WR (Mike Wallace), but to end up with another that got more passes thrown to him than there #1 WR last weekend. Now to downplay his value this week, he faces the Ravens. This game should end up being a defensive slug fest. He should do well but not great. I will take him in this slot. Sproles has had some great games this season, and he has been a steady horse this season, but he has bad history with Tampa Bay and we err on the edge of caution. Brown takes this spot.

Deion Branch vs Eric Decker.
    Tough call on these 2. Decker looks to get this slot though just in the fact that Tebow has shown that he trusts to throw to him when he can throw to the correct team. Branch is a good WR but there are so many weapons available to Brady he sometimes get lost in the traffic it seems.

??? vs Vernon Davis.
    Davis takes this slot by default at this time. With that he faces a tough Redskins pass defense and is up and down on big yards and has only 3 TD's to his name. May not take much to pass him up for this slot.
    NOTE: Dustin Keller put in for ???. Keller has not been getting much in yards or TD's but he is getting more than Davis. This swings to Keller.

Packers vs Steelers.
    I like the Steelers here. There defense seems to be back on track and face the Ravens. More actually they face Ray Rice. If they can effectively stop his game they take this slot with ease. We do not talk about the Packers defense in a good light often. This week they face the Chargers and even though Rivers may not be at the top of his game, the Packers may not have defensively what it takes to capitalize on that.
    NOTE: Eagles put in for Steelers. I am not sure here. The Eagles will probably take this slot but I liked the Steelers here more. But each to there own.

I think Cats HateHitler will take this slot giving him a winning record for the 1st time this season.

Get to Da Choppa! (Joosbawx) vs Paint Huffing Warriors. (TCM Revolver) .

Phillip Rivers vs Matt Shaub.
    Its hard for me to go with Rivers here. Yes he did have a lot of yards last week but he had a fair amount of turnovers as well. Shaub is consistent but according to analysts he is being held back by not having Andre Johnson available. I can see that as well. Rivers faces Green Bay who don't have a premier pass rush. Damn I am going with Shaub here. Yes he may be lagging a bit at times due to other people out but he faces the Browns who I think will be a little easier to face even with the Packers bad pass rush. Rivers should have a good game as well. Those turnovers keep him from this slot.

Matt Ryan vs Ben Roethlisberger.
    I think I will go with Ryan here. He faces the Colts who have no defense. Ben has had a couple great weeks but this week faces the Ravens. That will be a tough game, and that is not taking into account the week 1 outing he had against the Ravens. I like Ryan's potential against the hapless Colts just waiting to get another throttling.

Maurice Jones-Drew vs Matt Forte.
    MJD is on bye. Forte faces a very weak rush defense with the Eagles. He has been a very steady scorer and has been able to break out in the right moments. This week looks to be one of those weeks for him to bust out big time.
    NOTE: Micheal Bush placed in for Maurice Jones-Drew. I like this move. Bush is set to have a really good weekend with McFadden out. This is still Forte's slot but it is a better match now.

Julio Jones vs Dwayne Bowe.
    Tough call. Both guys have great match ups. Jones is against the Colts and Bowe against the Dolphins. I am going to go with Bowe here. He is 100% healthy and should have a great game against a very weak secondary. Jones will have a great game as well. He will be splitting looks with Roddy White as well as coming off injury lowering his fantasy value enough not to take this slot.

Miles Austin vs Greg Jennings.
    I am going with Jennings here. He will have an outstanding game facing San Diego. He is considered completely healthy with his hand injury, (not that it held him back last week) and the Chargers will have a tough time containing him. I would like to not so easily write off Austin but I am not convinced they will go to the pass like they should with there outstanding receiver core in Dallas. He should do well, but that is entirely on the idea that they will throw the ball to him often to make up for the last couple weeks.

Aaron Hernandez vs Rob Gronkowski.
    Not often do we see 2 TE's from the same team facing off with each other. Especially with 2 that have a lot of potential to both have great games. The Giants do very well holding TE's at bay. I think they will focus heavily on Hernandez feeling that he is more of a threat leaving Gronkowski open to have a great game and take this slot. That's the call, but it could easily swing the other way using the same scenario.

Redskins vs Bengals.
    I am going to lean on the Bengals here. I do not see the Titans breaking out against them. Chris Johnson has been a bust this season and truthfully it will be a surprise if he breaks out here. Everyone keeps expecting it to happen but I say take a breath cause you may pass out holding it while you wait. Redskins face Frank Gore and the 49ers. That is a proven offensive mixture that can blow up in the Redskins face.
    NOTE: Falcons placed in for Redskins. Big move and changes the set up. Falcons face the Colts who have not been able to get anything going yet this year. And won't this week either. Falcons take this slot now.

Another week being undefeated for Paint Huffing Warriors.

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig) vs Clear Sights. (Clear Sights)

Micheal Vick vs Mark Sanchez.
    I like Vick here. Even when his offense is in disarray he is able to pull out a decent day. Add in that after the bye the Eagles offense seems to be getting it together. Even facing the Bears who have a decent defense he should have a very good game as long as his offensive line keeps him from being sacked too often. Sanchez should have a decent outing. His major downfall is the ability to throw to the wrong team and that the Jets are still concentrating heavily on there ground game.

Carson Palmer vs ???.
    Palmer wins by default here. He should do well. I will not take his last outing into consideration because they put him in with very little time to learn the plays. He admitted to only knowing 4 plays when he went in to play. Expect better from him this round.

Shonne Green vs Chris Johnson.
    Everyone keeps saying this could be CJ's break out week. I do not buy into that crap cause it is the same song and dance we heard last week. Add in that the Bengals are tough on the rush and he is a no go this week. I am not a fan of Green either but he takes this slot because he has produced more than Johnson on more than one occasion this season. He should do well against the Bills.

Vincent Jackson vs DeSean Jackson.
    Tough call on both these players. Both have seen little production. I like Vincent Jackson here. Even though San Diego is a one pony show when it comes to WR's at this moment he can still come down with some big plays from time to time. I like D-Jax, but on a team with as many weapons at Vick's disposal that he has, D-Jax has slid down the targeting list making us wary of him not producing much fantasy value letting this slot slip from him.

Larry Fitzgerald vs Hakeem Nicks.
    Nicks looks to be out with a Hamstring injury. Its tough to go with Fitzgerald. He will get the targets. He will produce. But the question is just how much fantasy value does he have. His plus is being up against the Rams this week. The downside, Kolb is out it looks like making him easy to lose this slot that he holds so precariously right now.

Jimmy Graham vs Jermicheal Finley.
    I like Graham being up against the Buccaneers this week. The Saints are coming out on fire, wanting blood after being man handled last week by the Rams. We have already seen that Aaron Rodgers likes to target this TE, expect more of that this week. Finley has not produced up to what his talent belies. Even with a good match up this week I would hesitate to pick him because he has been a bust so often. Not near as bad as some players but enough to make me take pause. Graham's slot easily.

Texans vs Saints.
    I like the Texans here. The Browns have not been a scoring beast this season and considering there rushing game this week is pretty much toast, all the Texans have to concentrate on is keeping McCoy's passing game at a standstill, not a tough job. The Saints have not been considered a defensive team this season and we won't start thinking that here. Mediocre points at beast.

I do not usually agree completely with ESPN, but this match looks like it. Team Devil Dogs take this match.

Winter Nom Noms (Mrscot101) vs Voodoo Children. (Nikvoodoo) .

Tony Romo vs Drew Brees.
    I like both of these guys and there match ups this week. Romo faces the Seahawks who have a very weak secondary but are tough against the rush. Brees faces I think the worst pass defense in the league and is at home. I am going to go with Brees here. After last week getting handled like they did, expect them to be out for redemption and should shellack the Buccaneers. Romo is going to give a run for this slot but I think they will try to punch the rush in heavily as well as upping the pass game letting this slot not be his.

Andy Dalton vs Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    I want to pick up and say this is Fitzpatrick's slot, but I do not think I can say that with Revis Island coming to pay a visit to there passing game. This is one of the toughest secondaries he faces and it should show, but at the same time he has the talent to bust out against the Jets. I will go with Dalton here though. He may not have a lot of targets but facing the Titans may not be to tough of a match for him and they have to watch for the rush as well with Cedric Benson back this week allowing an opening for the pass to be there.

LeSean McCoy vs Fred Jackson.
    I like Jackson for this slot. He has been a tough player to go against this season in the 1st place and add in that the pass game for Fitzpatrick may stall against the Jets, you can expect them to punch through at the soft underbelly of the Jets defense with this great RB. McCoy will have a great game as well, The Bears may not have what it takes to stop him as well as the passing game that Vick will throw against them. But with that they may concentrate on what they can stop, and that would be the rushing game.

Mike Wallace vs Micheal Turner.
    I want to say that Wallace is a tough play against the Ravens. One, most defense know they need to stop him allowing other players like Antonio Brown getting more looks and catches. He will do well but the Ravens will do there best to shut him down. But this slot belongs to Turner. He faces the Colts. What more needs to be said. The Colts have allowed the most points scored allowed by any team this season. Expect him to have a lot of work as the Falcons take the lead early and use him to run down the clock and run up the score.

A.J. Green vs Dez Bryant.
    Bryant has all the ability to take this slot facing the Seahawks this week. All it takes is Romo and his offensive coordinator to decide to utilize this great WR. Green should give Bryant a run for this slot and could pass him up if the passing game is a non start for the Cowboys. But currently I say this is Bryant's slot.

Owen Daniels vs Jake Ballard.
    Another tough pick. I am going to go with Daniels here. He drew the attention from a tough defense a couple weeks ago shutting him down. The Browns are not a tough defense when it comes to TE's. Expect Shaub to utilize him often this weekend. Ballard will give him a run for his money. He faces the Patriots with a very weak pass defense allowing him a lot of opportunities to excel this game.

49ers vs Ravens.
    I would normally go with the Ravens without a second thought. This week they face the Steelers who have been doing well putting points on the board and protecting there injured QB the last couple weeks. But even with all of that, I think I like the 49ers match up against the Redskins better. There is no true rush for the Redskins between injuries and a coach that cannot make up his mind. Add in that the passing game for the Redskins is in disarray as well and the 49ers look to dominate. This is there slot.

This looks to be Voodoo Children match.

So what do we think this week. Will Voodoo Children let slip another loss. Can Azoic Defender's break there losing streak. We have 4 teams in a 4-4 tie. Who will go forward and who will drop down. And the big question, can anyone stop Paint Huffing Warriors dominating force being 8-0. Middle of the season and the surprises and injuries keep rolling in. And the more interesting it gets as we watch these fantasy teams slug it out, trying to crawl from there hole or fight to remain on top.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Another week up and running. Looks alot better with the colors. I think it makes for easier reading. Enjoy.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Oh shit, looks like TCM Revolver may take his 1st loss this week!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GodofInsanity View Post
    Oh shit, looks like TCM Revolver may take his 1st loss this week!
    I think that's a foregone conclusion at this point. Good job joos! Now...I need two players on MrScott's team to like.....get turf toe and I might be able to win my matchup.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    my other fantasy team (yahoo) is already beaten badly and the fellow that is schooling me still has 2 more players to go tonight.
    please let the aliens come and zap those two players thus giving them negative points and helping me out !

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Bullshit!! I just need forte to run for 300 yards and get 4 tds and I have it locked down
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    The Crazy part is Forte could do that...just didnt tonight