User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I'm not a fan of huge open world games, mostly cause I usually get lost somewhere and I can't find my way out, which is why I hate most Bethesda games, but Skyrim is different, and man I enjoyed it. I gotta go buy it now.

What's the downside to becoming a werewolf? It'd be pretty epic to have a mage character be able to go werewolf when he's out of magica, and needs to gtfo
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i'm a redguard step-up-and-get-smacked-down-by-my-pimp-hand aslo known as a mohawk also known as an i'm-gonna-f@$*-you-up also known as a warrior. i like the first title best. i also use conjuring to raise zombie, and the whole time i'm singing "stable of corpse b!1@#%$, i'm a pimp of the dead/ come f@&* with a zombie, i'll put a stake in your head" from who do you voodoo from dead island. nothing quite like killing someone, then making them kill their friends.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I picked it up last night. I played a bit. I escaped from the tutorial, went to visit the uncle and then off to the king then mage and finally save.

I must say that the rendering engine is a thing of beauty. It is certainly a tour de force.

BUT...

I hate the ecconomy. They make everything very expensive and then countering it with a loot-based encumberance. I you want to buy needed items, one has to loot everything. So, I am now running around with something like 5 complete sets of armor, 4 of which I intend to sell. But, where it really burns my ass is that oh, look there are 5 gold coins in the torture chamber that no one has picked up. Worse, kill a pack of wolves and loot a silver ring, some gold coins and three wolf pelts. If I was to normalize the population of the living and the ones recently eaten, I bet we would find that 50% of the population has been eaten in the last few days.

Simplify the economy buy reducing prices as well as the drop rate and decrease the pounds one can carry. Five suits of armor and I am still bouncing around like rabbit on crack. That is way over the top.

I think I will reallt like the skill based system and the rendition of the skill trees are awesome.

I have to play with the combat system some more. The cinematic inserts are pretty, but I hope they do not become too common.

I do like fable III and I am considering trying the game again, but this time use the on-line engine. My first play through was pure solo, because i did not need the additional complexity and the stress of griefing which is sure to occur. Never finished Fallout 3 vegas. My puppy chomped on the disk a few times.

I will most likely play this some more, but if I have not finished by March it will be shelved in favor of Mass Effect 3!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    What's the downside to becoming a werewolf? It'd be pretty epic to have a mage character be able to go werewolf when he's out of magica, and needs to gtfo
    From what I heard, the werewolf is way overpowered. But I'm reconsidering getting it, as an assassin, vampyre is more my speed. I feel like ripping through people as a werewolf wouldn't be very stealthy.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Some of the downsides of becoming a werewolf are that you can only do it once per day (A Greater Power), you do not gain benefits from sleeping and you need some time to do the transformation.

Let's take Ra1th's Example, if a Mage were to run out of Magicka during a fight and you were being quite over-whelmed, it would not help to stop healing and turn, due to you being defenseless. With 2 or 3 good hits from say a Bandit Chieftain, you wouldn't make it to Wolf form, and also you don't not regenerate health in this state.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

I want to like this game, I really do. But, it still has a lot of flaws, IMO. My biggest one is combat is really a question of who has the best drugs and largest lunchbox.

I swing my weapon two or three times and my stamina is shot. I have been tagged a couple of times and my health is low. (I am still a low level dweeb). Then, STOP! Wait! I pause the game and have five or six helpings of soup and a couple of slices of bread to boot. Ok, OK, I feel a lot better! Back to the fight. A few more exchange of blows and the enemy dies!

To quote Wes Snipes in Blade, "you obviously did not know who you are fucking with" cause I feel like a badass. But, I really should be saying, "idiot, you should have brought a bagged lunch."

The enemy scale to player ability is way off. I get jumped by a ~150 pound wolf. Man, let me tell you, that wolf was about as tough as the mudcrabs! Look, those crabs are just a little bigger than the ones I used to catch with a chicken neck and my bare hands. Something tells me that the a wolf would be much harder. So, I go on and kill a few more dudes. I come across the bandit leader. He kicked my ass so many times over the course of 1.5 hours of real life time. I will take the fault on that one, I knocked the difficulty down because I still suck at this combat engine. So, scale seems off here, too. Kill three guys at once and then not able to make one guy winded.

I like the skill advances
    I like the perks and the way they are presented is awesome.
    foraging and crafting are nice
    The graphics for the whole game are good, but I still run into a few glitches like finding a couple fo shortswords suspened in mid air.
    Archery seems cool, but I still need to work on the time required to aim.

There is a lot to like and a lot turns my stomach. Bagged Lunches, lootable wolves with gold coins and dragons are too common. I have killed two. It leaves me scratching my head to kill something as tremendous as a dragon, but then run around catching lightning bugs to make some Red Bull all the time worried that some stupid little crab will get the jump on mean and do what the dragon couldn't -- kill me

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I am getting better at the combat system, but I still pretty much suck. I took the perks that slow the game down. The archery slows it down 50% for me and the shield block goes into slo mo on a power strike about to clocke me.

But, DAMN! this place is big. I pretty much have not left the main quest hub looking for quests. But, I pretty much walk everywhere. If I see something on my "HuD" I get close enough to tag it. I have done quests allover the place, but like I said, I have not "farmed" the quests in the other towns and cities. If there are as many from the other cities, I think I will be hard pressed to finish this up by ME3

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Saved over my level 42 this weekend.... My. Life. Is. Over.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Ouch that sucks. When xbox360 came out we could swap saves. But, it screwed up "achievements" so they released a firm-ware update.

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    Saved over my level 42 this weekend.... My. Life. Is. Over.
    Wow, that does suck, I did pretty much the same thing with my level 20 mage, I decided to try out a second character and to my surprise doing so erased my primary save, by the time I realized what happened, even the auto saves had been saved over with my new character info...that sucked for me, but I decided to try out a completely new character and went with an archery/ sneak focused Wood Elf, and its been a lot of fun, currently at level 39

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast