User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Haters Week 7 Round Up!

Well looking at last weeks picks, it was not as good as the previous week. I still went 4 and 1 for team picks. I went 24 for 11 on player picks. I bombed my own card against Get to Da Choppa! And I went card on player picks for Mallers Da Winna against Voodoo Children. So lets take a look what we have going on this week. Can Paint Huffing Warriors stay undefeated. Will Voodoo Children stay hot on his heels. Can some of the other teams battling it out pull forward and give them a chase.

Bye Week Teams

Bills
    Patriots
    49ers
    Bengals
    Giants
    Eagles

Injuries

Sam Bradford QB (STL)
    Ankle. Deemed out for this weekend. Will have to see for the following weeks.

Andre Johnson WR (TEX)
    Hamstring. Another week Out

Jahvid Best RB (DET)
    Concussion. Will have to keep a close eye on this here. Out for sure this week. No news as of yet on following weeks.

Chris Cooley TE (WAS)
    Finger. Another week out, another week a chance to loose his job to Fred Davis.

Jason Campbell QB (OAK)
    Collarbone. A big one with large ramifications. He said if all goes well, 6 weeks. Most figure for the season. And if Carson Palmer does well, maybe on to a new team.

Sebastian Janikowski K (OAK)
    Hamstring. Expect him to get rested this weekend.

Felix Jones RB (DAL)
    Ankle. Out for this week at least.

Team Moves
    I want to say bye weeks suck....so many moves!

Voodoo Children
    Dropped 49ers defense and picked up Carson Palmer.
    Good move in my opinion. Voodoo Children is well off in the QB sector, but as we will see, Palmer makes great trade bait.

Team Devil Dogs
    Dropped Adam Vinateri and picked up Vikings defense.
    Kickers are kickers. You can change these from week to week to see what good match ups out there is available. As to Vikings. They face Green Bay this weekend. Not a viable option.

Get To Da Choppa!
    Dropped Mike Nugent and picked up Dan Bailey
    I like this move. I think Bailey is having a better season and should continue to do so.

Team Devil Dogs
    Dropped Jermaine Gresham and picked up Tavaris Jackson.
    Not a bad move. Jackson, though is out at this time, had a real good game before his injury. A solid move to fortify QB's selections during bye weeks.

Azoic Defenders
    Dropped Stevan Ridley and picked up Earnest Graham.
    Graham is covering for Blount while he is out making him a viable option. Ridley looked to be a break out RB but never really panned out as expected.

Azoic Defenders
    Dropped Isaac Redman and picked up Nick Novak.
    Not a bad move if you are in need of a kicker. Redman was another RB option that did not pan out too well during Mendenhall being out for an injury.

Clear Sights
    Dropped Chad Henne and picked up Kyle Orton.
    Good move in dropping Henne. He is out for the season. Bad move picking up Orton. He just lost his job to Tim Tebow.

Azoic Defenders
    Dropped Donovan McNabb and picked up Anquan Boldin.
    Good move as McNabb has lost his starting job in Minnesota. Boldin is a great WR on a running team. He fills the slot and should make some points.

Cats HateHitler
    Dropped Felix Jones and picked up Blaine Gabbert.
    I understand Jones being out due to his ankle. To drop though, not sure cause he has done well this season. Gabbert, is a tough pick up. Facing the Ravens he is not a viable option at QB.

Winter Nom Noms
    Dropped Andy Dalton and picked up Robbie Gould.
    If you are pass your bye week situations in the QB area, good drop with Dalton, better QB's available that could be sleepers anyways. Gould is a strong pick up for a kicker on a team with red zone issues.

Team Devil Dogs
    Dropped Vikings and picked up Conner Barth.
    Good drop with the Vikings. Against the Packers not a viable option. Barth is a good pick up on a team that needs every point it can get when they cannot cross into the end zone.

Cats HateHitler
    Dropped Johnny Knox and picked up John Beck.
    Good drop. Knox has been a non factor this season so far, Beck, though may be a rough pick up. There may have been a couple hiding out there with a better chance to give some points.

Voodoo Children
    Dropped Nate Washington.
    He may do well this week. A good pick up out there if you need options in the coming weeks.

Azoic Defenders
    Dropped Sidney Rice and picked up Cowboys defense.
    Good drop. Rice has has a marginal to bad season so far. The Cowboys face the Rams, a great match up for there defense.

Azoic Defenders
    Dropped Devery Henderson and picked up Christian Ponder.
    Henderson did well to start the season but with Colston back he isn't much of an option. Good drop. Ponder. Not sure here, there may have been a couple better picks at QB but in a league strapped for viable QB's anyone that puts point on the board may be considered an option.

Winter Nom Noms
    Dropped Chargers defense and picked up 49er defense.
    A solid move for the future. The Niner's are on bye but have turned into a good defense this year.

Trade

Voodoo Children trades Carson Palmer to Team Devil Dogs for Andre Johnson.
    A solid trade. Palmer has a lot of talent and once he settles in could end up having good fantasy value. Johnson, once healthy, will be a must start considering he is Matt Shaub's favorite target for the pass.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) vs Cats HateHitler (Mem)

Sam Bradford vs Aaron Rodgers.
    Even healthy I do not think I would pick Bradford here. He has not protection and has been rushed and sacked often. Rodgers on the other hand has complete control of the field and his offensive line gives him plenty of time to throw the ball. This is Rodgers slot.
    NOTE: Joe Flacco placed against Aaron Rodgers. No Change to outcome.

Joe Flacco vs Alex Smith.
    Smith is on bye. Expect changes. Flacco would take this spot either way. The game against the Jaguars is going to be a running game but he will get his share of time throwing the ball. Flacco is not a premier QB and it would not take much to pass him up in this slot.
    NOTE: NEW WRITE UP - BOTH CHANGED OUT QB”S
    Chris Ponder vs John Beck
    Tough for both teams in need of playing QB's. Ponder will probably be torn up by the Packers. Beck will hand off the ball a lot. Beck facing Carolina, I think may have a better game here. This is his slot.

Adrian Peterson vs Jonathon Stewart.
    Peterson takes this slot. He is up for a tough game this week but he should put points on the board and will make Green Bay pay if they let up on keeping him stalled. Stewart is having rushing and receiving to add to his score but unless he begins to find the end zone do not expect much from him.
    NOTE: Daniel Thomas placed in over Jonathon Stewart. Good switch but outcome here does not change.

Peyton Hillis vs Reggie Wayne.
    Hillis will probably sit this week end with a hamstring injury. With that Wayne takes this slot. He won't have a spectacular score but its better than zero.
    Note: Earnest Graham placed in for Hillis. Eric Decker placed in for Reggie Wayne. Good moves on both points. Graham will have a lot of work on a team having a tough time passing the ball. Decker has Tebow throwing to him and is the #1 WR now. Graham will take this slot.

Mario Manningham vs Calvin Johnson.
    Manningham, is on bye. Expect changes. Calvin Johnson should have a good week this week against a weak Falcons secondary. Yes he came up empty last week with no TD but do not expect that too often.
    NOTE: Anquan Boldin placed in for Manningham. No change in outcome. Boldin is a good move but his team is run heavy taking away from his fantasy value.

Jason Witten vs Dallas Clark.
    Witten will take this slot. The Cowboys are healthy and out to make it known they are a contender. Witten should have a lot of room to move around and shake any coverage. He did well when he was the only healthy target, now he should do better. Clark had a resurgence last week. Don't expect that too often but he could pull another good week this week.

Packers vs Steelers
    The Steelers play the Cardinals and should have an easy time of it. The Packers may slip by them as they are playing an inexperienced back up QB that may not survive the game. Packers take this slot now that I think of it.
    NOTE: Cowboys placed in for Packers. Outcome changes due to the Cowboys having a great match up against the Rams with A.J. Feely at QB. Going to be a tough game for him.

Due to roster changes this is now Azoic's match by a nose.

Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor) vs Winter Nom Noms (Mrscott101)

Matt Hasselback vs Tony Romo.
    Romo faces the Rams who have no real secondary. Add in that Felix Jones has been deemed out this week, expect his game to go to the air more often than usual. With his receivers and Witten all healthy, this should not be a problem letting him take this slot. Hasselback faces the Texans but no real news can help put him up over Romo in this slot. Hasselback has proven to be a second string QB with a good day here or there.

Colt McCoy vs Josh Freeman.
    Now that is a QB's name, Colt McCoy. You have to wonder when his parents named him at birth they said “He's gonna be a quarterback someday.” With that I digress, I am going to have to give this to Freeman. He had a real good game last week but that is on the fact that his offensive line actually decided to do there job. This week he faces the Bears who has a good defense and will make him earn this slot. He does take it. No matter how cool McCoy's name is, it does not let him take this slot. He is doing only a little better than Kerry Collins, who had the worst passing rating in the league this season as of yet, and he is not playing now. Even facing the Seahawks does not give him the added boost to try to take this slot.

Arian Foster vs Ryan Matthews.
    I like both of these guys match ups. I am going to go with Foster though. The Titans may be ready for him, but he typically adds up yards against them and this week should bust the no touchdowns lot with them coming away with one at least. Matthews also should have a good week, one that could surpass Foster. His injury is the only thing that holds me back from saying this is his slot.

Darren Sproles vs Jamie Starks.
    I am going to go with Starks here. He has been splitting time with Ryan Grant, but he has been taking more and more of the runs away from him. Sproles is becoming more and more of a receiver than a running back. As to runs he has not been doing much there. If you have a better option I would go with him.
    NOTE: Mike Wallace placed in for Jamie Starks. This slot swings to the same team. Wallace takes this slot as he is a beast that Big Ben loves to throw to, and the Cardinals do not pose a secondary threat to him.

Mike Williams vs Steve Smith.
    I think I am going to go with Smith here. Week after week, Cam Newton favors him vastly as a target. The only downfall is that Newton seems to be the go to touchdown guy and not Smith. Williams has not performed well at all this season, even with Freeman have a great week last week, Williams numbers were down in the sandbox.
    NOTE: Santana Moss placed in for Mike Williams. Good move here considering Williams has had a tough season so far. Moss though has a new QB this week so his numbers may not be very high. No change here.

Greg Olsen vs Owen Daniels.
    I am going to go with Daniels here. He may have had a slow week last week, but that was due to a concentrated effort on the part of the Ravens defense. Now think of this, If the leagues #1 defense (opinion) takes time to shut you down, what kind of threat are you truly to other teams. Olsen faces the Redskins who have a superb pass defense this season and will work hard containing him on the short routes.

Falcons vs Jets
    The Falcons defense is not top par to begin with. Add in they are facing the Lions who are a beast and no defense has successfully contained all aspects of there offense. This goes to the Jets. Things do not look good for the Falcons, where as the Jets will have an easier time facing the Chargers, but not by much. San Diego is rested after a bye week and everyone expects a breakout game soon from Rivers, and this could be it.

Winter Nom Noms won't be stopped this week taking this match.

Clear Sights (Clearsights) vs Get To Da Choppa! (Joosbawx)

Mark Sanchez vs Phillip Rivers.
    I am going to go with Rivers here. He mat have a rough time in the Meadowlands, but he is just off a bye week. It would be nice for him to have Antonio Gates to throw to, but we will have to see there. The Jets secondary will make him work hard for his paycheck. Sanchez fills the slot and does well to put some fantasy points on your board. He has not and probably will not put up large numbers this season. The Jets offensive plan has him being more of leader on the field than a high yardage QB.

??? vs Tim Tebow.
    Tebow takes this slot at this time. He made a great come back and almost won a game from behind last weekend, effectively benching a ineffective Orton and letting him take the starting job. Not sure how he will play out but it can be no worse than Orton.

Chris Johnson vs Darren McFadden.
    This is McFadden's slot. The Chiefs have a super weak rush defense. Also he will have a lot of work cause he will have a QB not used to there system or a QB that is not seasoned. Expect him to have a great game. Chris Johnson has as of yet to really produce this season up to his talent. I cannot say enough that if you have another option go with him. If not, hope for the best, expect the worse.

DeSean Jackson vs Steve Johnson.
    Both Johnson's are on bye week
    NOTE: Maurice Jones-Drew placed in for Steve Johnson. This slot is all his since he is playing. Add in this team has no other game on offense and he will do well here. Not great but enough to win the slot.

Hakeem Nicks vs Miles Austin.
    Nicks is on bye week. Austin would take this slot in any case. He took a game to get back in step and now looks to have a great game facing the Rams who will have loads of trouble trying to stop him.

Jermicheal Finley vs Jared Cook.
    This is easily Finley's slot. Cook faces the Texans who make life real hard on TE's and he is not top par yet if ever. Finley may have had an off week last week but do not expect that again. He is easily one of the top 5 TE's in the game and should have a great game facing a weak Viking defense.

Saints vs Redskins
    The Saints face the Colts. Usually I would say this is a no brainer, but the Saints are not a great defense and will probably let the Colts escape unhurried. I like the Redskins here. They seem to have a great secondary and while they may not hold off the run as well, they do not have much to worry about from Carolina RB's. The downside here is Cam Newton. He likes to throw a lot and likes to run for the end zone when they get to the goal line.

I think Get to Da Choppa! easily takes this spot.

Team D3ad (7oddisdead) vs Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver)

Kevin Kolb vs Ben Roethlisberger .
    Kolb faces a tough Steeler defense when it comes to pass defense. He has not been a great QB this season and facing this daunting task does not sell him well to win this slot. Big Ben takes this one. He has really good weeks and some that are just good. Not often to have a bad week, he faces a weak Cardinal defense and should have a great week.

Jason Campbell vs Matthew Stafford.
    Campbell is out with a busted collarbone. Stafford has had a great season so far this year. And there is nothing that looks to stop that. Atlanta does not have a strong secondary and Stafford looks to own this game. Add in the possibility of Jahvid Best being out and he may take to the air more often than usual. This is easily his slot.

Ray Rice vs Matt Forte.
    Geez both of these guys are facing super weak run defenses. I am going to go with Rice for this slot. Tampa will do very little if anything to stop Forte and he will be a big part of his offense but the Jaguars though have allowed 140 yards to RB's over the last 3 games. Add in that Rice is a viable dual threat and you could see him be off the board fantasy score wise.

Steven Jackson vs Dwayne Bowe.
    I would like to say Jackson takes this slot, but I do not think so this week. Bradford is hurt and that will let a tough defense concentrate on the Rams few bright spots in a rough season so far. Bowe has been on a reeling Chiefs who seem to have there engines running and headed in the right direction. Bowe has shined even during tough weeks with Matt Cassels passing. Now that things seem to be moving in the right direction, Bowe should take this slot easily.

Roddy White vs Greg Jennings.
    White has had an up and down season so far. He has a good WR on his team that takes some heat off of him but could sit out another game, hurting his stats. Jennings has an unstoppable Rodgers throwing to him. He has a very good match up and looks to take this slot. The only thing to hurt his stats is that Rodgers has a lot of viable targets at his disposal, but do not let that worry you.

Antonio Gates vs Brandon Pettigrew.
    I have to go with Pettigrew here. He will play. He is very involved with Stafford targeting him 50 times this season so far. He will get points on the board. Gates...well we are not sure if he will even play. With that, I would look for someone else and hope they play well.

Bears vs Lions
    I like the Bears facing Tampa. It could turn into a real boon for them if they can shake off there jet lag and play well. The Lions take this spot facing the Falcons. There biggest worry is to stop the Falcon's running game.

This match belongs to Paint Huffing Warriors

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig) vs Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo)

Micheal Vick vs Drew Brees.
    Vick is on bye. Brees takes this slot. He needs to reign it in and throw to the team in his own colors. They face the Colts which should let him have a pretty easy week this week and allow his number to climb a bit.
    NOTE: Jay Cutler moved up in place of Vick. This slot is still belongs to Brees. Good move though considering Vick is on bye week.

Jay Cutler vs Cam Newton.
    I like Cutlers match up here. He should have a real good weekend and let him throw more and unhindered than usual. With that, Newton takes this slot. Cutler cannot match up to Newton's shear numbers of throwing as well as his ability to scramble on the goal line. Newton faces a tough Redskins secondary but I do not think that will bring his numbers down too far.
    NOTE: Carson Palmer placed in for Jay Cutler. He has talent, but has had only 3 to 4 days to get used to a new system. He could have a good game if he plays. There is no change to the outcome of this slot.

Shonne Green vs Micheal Turner.
    Turner takes this slot with ease. Detroit will do what they can to stuff the run here, but it won't be enough to allow Green to take this slot. Green, well he may be getting over 20 touches a game, but his yards and TD's just do not show up in his fantasy value. He is not a top tier RB, but he does fill the slot.

Jahvid Best vs Dez Bryant.
    I like Bryant for this slot. Normally I would go with Best with out any hesitation, but with his concussion last week, I am not sure he will even play at this moment. Bryant faces the Rams who really like to let opposing WR's to get big yards as well as touchdowns.
    NOTE: Best is out. Vincent Jackson placed in for him. I think no difference in outcome here. Jackson is Rivers only healthy target, so can be easily covered by the Jets good secondary, specifically Darrelle Revis.

Larry Fitzgerald vs Pierre Garcon.
    Fitzgerald faces a tough Steeler secondary. Though he should do well, they will hold him down allowing Garcon to take this slot. Curtis Painter likes to target Garcon a lot since he took over the QB spot in Indianapolis. I do not see him moving from his comfort zone so expect good points for Garcon.
    NOTE: Jordy Nelson placed in for Pierre Garcon. I liked Garcon here. Painter has found Garcon for 4 TD's in 3 games. Nelson is a good play as well with more guarantees to outcomes. This is his slot.

Jimmy Graham vs Benjamin Watson.
    Graham takes this slot. No one has kept him from 100 yard games over the last 4 week and it does not look like he will be stopped this week either. I will say that I like Watson, he could give Graham a run for this slot, but I think he may come up short.

Texans vs Ravens
    How could I go against the Ravens. And with them facing the Jaguars, I cannot go against them. Expect a large score as the Jaguars will struggle to put ANY points on the board. The Texans have shown that you cannot ignore there defense. But they will be without a key corner back this week and that has already shown to be a bad thing.

I am beginning to think Voodoo Children is an unstoppable force as they look to take this match.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    I wouldn't call voodoo an insotopable force... Some one in this room stopped him.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    Very true...though I do not find it to any surprise you 2 are battling for top spot. This has been a blast watching how teams have developed and moved forwards or backwards.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I stopped me with bad roster choices.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I stopped me with bad roster choices.
    Excuses excuses... Who loves ya?
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    Damn what a weekend of football, these scores are all over the place