User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Week 6 Round Up!

Well taking a look at last weeks calls, I went 4 for 5 in match calls. Damn Nik for not just falling in line and losing like I called. For individual picks I was 28 and 7. Not a bad outing though I went card only on one match up.

Bye Week Teams

Broncos
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Cardinals
    Chargers
    Seahawks

Injury Reports

Julio Jones WR (Atl)
    Hamstring. Possibly one week

LeGarrette Blount RB (TB)
    Knee. Out this week if not another depending on set backs.

Andre Johnson WR (Tex)
    Hamstring. Looks like a couple more weeks here.

Owner Moves

Get to Da Choppa!
    Dropped Kyle Orton and picked up Tim Tebow. Not a bad move considering Tebow took the job in Denver. How much value he has remains to be seen, though last week was promising.

Get to Da Choppa!
    Dropped Giants and picked up Redskins. I like this move. The Gaints are said to have a decent defense this year as of yet. But I like what I have seen from the Redskins much more.

Paint Huffing Warriors
    Dropped Jamaal Charles and picked up Bengals. Well dropping Charles is a good idea as having been on IR now for a couple weeks. Picking up Bengals. Not a bad match up pick considering they face the Colts.

Get To Da Choppa! (joosbawx) vs Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity)

Phillip Rivers vs Tom Brady
    Rivers is on bye so expect a change, As to Brady, he faces the Cowboys. So he takes this slot. Truthfully it will be tough to find someone that could beat out Brady as he seems to find places to throw even while facing stout pass rush and secondaries. He has had only one game for less the 300 yards and betting money says he will have another one this week over the 300 mark.
    NOTE: Matt Ryan placed here. This does not change outcome for this slot.

Matt Ryan vs Donovan McNabb
    I am going to have to go with Ryan here. He has not had a spectacular year as of yet this season. His numbers are up and down but up a bit more often it looks. He has good and reliable weapons at his disposal. Just do not be surprised at a lack luster week. McNabb has a good match up against Chicago, but I see the game on Peterson's legs again more so than McNabb's arm.
    NOTE: Curtis Painter placed here over Matt Ryan. Outcome Changes letting McNabb take this slot now.

Darren McFadden vs Adrian Peterson
    I am going to go with Peterson here. He faces Chicago who gave up 163 yards to Jahvid Best, a damn fine RB. Peterson should touch the ball between 25 and 30 times minimum. McFadden faces the Browns who are unable to stop the rush as well, but they are much better at it than the Bears. This is Peterson’s slot.

Steve Johnson vs Peyton Hillis
    I am going to go with Hillis here. He has trade rumors circulating and he is going to go out and show potential teams what he has got to offer. Add in that Oakland is toughly 28th against the rush he will have a great day. Johnson will bounce back and have a good weekend as well as he won't be facing any stiff secondaries. His day won't rebound enough to put him up above Hillis.

Miles Austin vs Mario Manningham
    I have to go with Austin here. He was a beast and Romo's best target before he hurt his hamstring. Now he is going to be back and after the long rest they will say he isn't back to 100% but I bet he will be close. Manningham is now part of a 3 man WR set since Victor Cruz has showed his chops while Manningham was injured. He will see action and be one of the main guys but will see less looks and could diminish his numbers accordingly.

Aaron Hernandez vs Tony Gonzalez
    Tough pick in my opinion. Normally I would pick Hernandez with the way he started his season. He had a good week and was targeted quite often last week when he returned to game. But Gonzalez has shown that he is still a factor and not an old player that should have got out when the going was good. He has become a must start. I am going to go with Gonzalez here purely on match up. They face Carolina who isn't much of a defense to stand up to the Falcons. The Patriots face Dallas whose defense could easily show up and give Hernandez a rough time. This slot goes to Gonzalez.

Giants vs Packers
    Packers defense easily takes this slot. They face the Rams who have not been able to keep opposing teams from scoring. The Giants face a Bills team who is hot and can score on great defenses this season...and the Giants are not really a good defense least of all great.
    NOTE: Redskins placed in for Giants. Outcome does not change, just becomes more interesting.

It looks as though Azoic Defenders may pull a second win from the bag

Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo) vs Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor)

Drew Brees vs Eli Manning
    I am going to have to go with Brees here. Last week Tampa Bay let Alex Smith, a less than mediocre QB, throw all over them. Brees is by no means mediocre. And with all the weapons he has, this could turn into a rout. Manning faces the Bills who is last in the league for pass rush and sacks. He will have time to throw the ball, he just will have to pay attention to where it goes considering the Bills do not rush the pass but know how to intercept it as they are #1 in the NFL with interceptions.

Cam Newton vs Matt Hasselback
    Hasselback is on bye. Expect changes. Cam Newton has turned into a phenomenon. He faces the Falcons who have let lesser QB's throw all over them. He should have a great game getting above the 3 century mark again and takes this slot as of now.

Fred Jackson vs Arian Foster
    Foster faces the Ravens who have a real good rush defense. He is a good double threat and will get receptions to help pad his numbers. With that Jackson is up against the Giants who has little rush defense. He has a lot of touches now, but with injuries against his team expect him to get many more this game. With that he takes this slot.

Micheal Turner vs Darren Sproles
    I am going to go with Turner on this match. He has a very good history facing the Panthers and they are not know for there defense this season, least of all rush defense. He should have a really good game with a TD at least. I am not sold on Sproles yet. He is a very capable RB and will get more and more touches in New Orleans as they get more comfortable with him. As of yet expect average numbers and nothing more.

Dez Bryant vs Micheal Williams
    Williams is a very capable WR on a team that seems unable to generate any offense. Until he gets some back up with someone else becoming a viable threat to pull off the heat on him, he is not a viable fantasy option in my opinion. Bryant takes this slot. He is all healed up and ready to go. He has had a weekend off and look for him to come out on fire.

Benjamin Watson vs Greg Olsen
    I like Olsen in this match up. He has turned into a basic red zone threat so he does not add up to any yards. But it does add up to touchdowns. He should see the end zone at least once in this game. Watson looks to be a good TE and with time should be an excellent player. But until he stops dropping passes, he could turn into a bust quite easily.

Ravens vs Patriots
    Patriots are not know for there defense. Do not expect many points here and home for no negative points. The Ravens are rested and ready to make the Texans work hard for any points they try to put up on the board. This slot is all Ravens.

Wow almost all favors Voodoo Children here so I think he takes this match.

Winters Nom Noms (Mrscott101) vs Clear Sights (Clearsights)

Tony Romo vs Mark Sanchez
    Sanchez could have a really good game facing the Dolphins this week. There defense even after a week off may not be ready to face the Jets. But the Jets have been concentrating on there run game which could affect Sanchez's numbers. Romo has been injured badly this season and toughed it out when sounder minds said he should step back and heal. Now he has had a week off to do just that. Also Bryant and Austin will be back more than likely at 100%. This is his slot and watch out.

Josh Freeman vs Chad Henne
    Henne is out for the season do to shoulder surgery. Freeman will take this slot on default at the moment. He is a good QB in a bad situation and unable to make lemonade from lemons. He has not done well and has only one primary passing target that is very predictable. Wouldn't take much for him to lose this spot.

LeSean McCoy vs Chris Johnson
    Johnson is on bye. Expect changes. McCoy is about the only offense in Philly that is not imploding. Expect good numbers for him as the rest of the offense continues to be unable to produce and use him to try to pull out of this slump. McCoy takes this spot.

James Starks vs DeSean Jackson
    Starks is up against the Rams who have made many players that are not good look great. Starks is a good players that is coming into his own. He is splitting time at his position, so that will affect his numbers. Jackson even with the Eagles in a slump, seems to be having decent games. Vick likes to throw to him and he is quick. That does not let him take this slot. This spot goes to Starks.

Steve Smith vs Hakeem Nicks
    I think both of these players have good match ups and should have good weeks. I am going to go with Smith here. He has Newton who really likes to throw the ball. And Smith ends up with more than his fair share of receptions. Add in that the Falcons secondary lets a lot get by them, setting hm up to take this match. Nicks also plays a team that has a bad secondary. But he also has Cruz and Manningham out there with him taking away looks to him.

Owen Daniels vs Jermicheal Finley
    I will take Daniels here. He has been consistently good all season. He faces the Ravens who will make his numbers go a little low but not low enough. Add in Andre Johnson is out and he will have a lot of work coming his way. Finley is a damn good TE, a must start. But he has not been near as consistent as Daniels. Keep a hold of that ball we say.

Jets vs Saints
    I have to take the Jets here. They go to Miami, a team that is in shambles. A new QB, a week offense, and just as bad defense. The Jets should clean house here. Saints face Tampa and should have an easy day of it. The Bucs present a tempting target that Saints may take this slot, but I do not think so.

Winter Nom Noms takes this match easily.

Cats HateHitler (Mem) vs Team D3ad (7oddisdead)

Aaron Rodgers vs Kevin Kolb
    Kolb is on bye. Look at Rodgers stats and the way he commands the field. Not much else is needed to be said. Add in he faces the Rams. He will have a very easy day. Add in that he was only 3 yards from throwing 300 yards every week this season as of yet. With nothing to stop him it would be hard pressed for someone to take this slot from him.

Alex Smith vs Jason Campbell
    Tough pick. Both these guys do not inspire hope. Though both have winning records but again that does not make me want either of these QB's. Smith faces the Lions who are on fire this year and do not expect him to do much there. They will slug it out on the ground using Gore more than likely. Campbell takes this slot facing the Browns. Again it may end up being a ground game there, but he will have better luck than Smith against the Lions.

Pierre Thomas vs Ray Rice
    Rice takes this slot. As a double threat on the ground and able to catch receptions as well, no one has truly figured how to stop him. If you concentrate in one place he will take you on the other. Thomas has not seen much this season as of yet. On the ground he has not cracked 10 touches. He is making some catches it seems but that does not place him above Rice.

Johnny Knox vs Steven Jackson
    Jackson takes this slot. He has been injured but is claimed to back at 100%. Even facing the Packers he should get some mileage on the ground as well as some receptions from Bradford needing to dump the ball off quickly. Know has not done much this season and until Cutler gets some protection from his offensive line, do not expect Knox to get any large numbers.

Calvin Johnson vs Roddy White
    I am going to go with Calvin Johnson here. He has had a spectacular season and last week was the 1st week he did not have 2 touchdowns. Even facing the 49ers who seem to be doing well defensively, do not expect that to slow him down. White has not done too bad this season and faces the Panthers who will let him excel with no Julio Jones available this week due to injury. Normally we would want him in to take heat off White but this week it works in his favor.

Vernon Davis vs Antonio Gates
    Gates is on bye not that is looks as it matters with him not playing more than playing this season. Davis takes this slot. A slow start has turned into a must start this season. They will be looking for Alex Smith to dump the ball off to him but this may not affect him too badly and still have a good day.

Steelers vs Bears
    This week I will go back and take the Steelers. I like there match up against the Jaguars. There pass defense has done well so far. They may have to watch for Jones-Drew on the run but that shouldn't upset them too much. The Bears may have a better week than last but do not expect a large turn around. Be happy with a positive score.

It looks as if Cats HateHitler may take this match.

Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver) vs Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig)

Matt Shaub vs Micheal Vick
    I think I am going to go with Shaub here. Vick even in the face of a floundering offense has put up good numbers. He has a good history facing the Redskins. But the Redskins are a better team this year and are looking to stop him cold. Shaub, even with Andre Johnson out, still has some good targets to get the ball loose. Expect a large ground game but that is expected by the Ravens so he will have to take to the air.
    NOTE: Ben Roethlisberger placed in over Matt Shaub. Shaub was picked to take slot. Out come changes this slot belongs to Vick now, though Big Ben could do really well against the Jaguars.

Matthew Stafford vs Jay Cutler
    I may be tempted to take Cutler here save for the fact that his offensive line leaves him no time to plant and find his needed targets to throw to. Not a great QB to start with he has had a very tough season so far. Stafford on the other hand is on fire. With the right weapons in place they have become a new team. The adage, as long as he is healthy, plays in here but so far there is no smoke then there is no fire. This is his slot easily.

Matt Forte vs Shonne Green
    I like Forte in this match up. Cutler is going to hand off the ball a lot to him and he will have another week with good numbers. They may have to take to the air as to take some heat off of him but do not expect that to hurt him too much. Green has not had a spectacular season as of yet. He is making average numbers and is an average runner. He is in Miami this week so his numbers may climb but not enough to pass up Forte.

Wes Welker vs Jahvid Best
    Best faces the 49ers this week who have shown to have a pretty good rush defense. After a good game last week he will come out and hit a wall this week. He will do well and maybe even slug in a TD. Welker faces the Cowboys who you are not sure if there secondary will show up from week to week. Even with that Welker is nearly unstoppable unless the Patriots offense goes another way not utilizing him. Don't expect that. He takes this slot this week.

Greg Jennings vs Jeremy Maclin
    Jennings faces a Rams defense who I have over and over said does not do well at all. This will bode well for him as Rodgers has no problems placing the ball in Jennings hands. Maclin may have a good week against the Redskins but they have a tougher secondary and that will hurt his numbers. Jennings takes this slot easily.

Rob Gronkowski vs Jimmy Graham
    I am going to go with Graham here. Brees has showed that he likes the TE in the red zone and that may equal out to a TD as well as another 100 yard week. Gronkowski faces splitting time with Hernandez again. That did not necessarily hurt him at the beginning of the season, but it will cut into his fantasy numbers. Between the 2, Graham has the best potential to have big numbers.

Lions vs Texans
    I am going to go with the Lions here. They face the 49ers. Do not expect the Niner's to have another rout this week. The Lions will not let that happen. The Texans are no defense to blow off. They face the Ravens and could have there work cut out for them trying to contain Ray Rice.

I think Paint Huffing Warriors takes this match.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I think the real lesson to learn is dont pick against me for I shall make you eat thine words!

And why no love on my moves for the last two weeks?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Lol damn, I did horrible, I completely forgot to check my team this week and had Henne still in plus a bye week player

"Gatherer"

Status
    I haven't seen you make any drops and pick ups the last couple weeks. No I saw you pick up Carson Palmer and then trade him. Damn wheeler and dealer.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I make all my moves on Tuesday morning. They tend to get buried underneath everyone else's moves later in the week.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Damnit, I did some digging, you ain't kidding your moves get buried by awards and such. Will have to keep a better eye on that, I do not want to miss some of the moves you make on the list. They make for some interseting notes. (Carson Palmer...grumble grumble)