User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Haters Week 4 Round-Up

I would like to say I had a pretty good week last week when it came to picking winning teams. I was 4 and 1 there. And on player picks I was 21 for 14. Now I have changed a bit on how I do this. I was doing injuries and player moves early in the week leaving match ups for last. This week I did match ups first. Primarily because I forgot to review one match up between players and incorrectly stated Team Devil Dogs was playing Team D3ad when he was playing Mallers Da Winna. I liked how this worked out and am still striving to have this out on Saturday instead of Sunday morning. Hope you all enjoy.

OK looking at old and new injuries this last week affecting the following weeks and season.

Kenny Britt WR
    A big hit here. Out for the season. Torn ACL and MCL.

Micheal Vick QB
    A second visit to the injured list. Not sure if his non throwing hand is bruised or broken. Either way keep an eye on him.

Marques Colston WR
    Still out.

Aaron Hernandez TE
    Still out.

Miles Austin WR
    Still out til week 6 it looks like.

Ryan Grant RB
    Kidney bruise. Out for this week.

Daniel Thomas RB
    Not sure has missed practice and says he is not playing.

Beanie Wells RB
    Hamstring. Keep an eye on him cause he may not play.

Tony Romo QB
    I just want to touch here. He is playing but is also still injured. It showed last week and it may show again this week. Hope for no sacks.

Jason Snelling RB
    Out. Concussion

OK lets see what everyone did this week in moves

Winter Nom Noms
    Dropped Denarius Moore and picked up Victor Cruz. Could be a good move. Moore may end up being #1 WR in Oakland this weekend, but Cruz may do very well if Manningham stays out. It really comes down to who plays and how often these guys get the look. One note though, I like Eli Manning throwing to Cruz over Jason Campbell throwing to anyone.

Winter Nom Noms
    Dropped Kerry Collins and picked up Chargers Defense. I can back this move. Collins has not produced at all this season. The Chargers face the Dolphins and should have a very good week. And will probably score more than Collins would.

Voodoo Children
    Dropped Kenny Britt and picked up Nate Washington. Dropping Britt is the only move there is. He is out for the season. Not so sure on Washington though. He has gotten yards and may now see even more. But is 1st TD was last week. We will have to see how he does.

Clear Sights
    Dropped BenJarvus Grenn-Ellis and picked up Joesph Addai. Good move. It looks more and more like the Colts will become a run heavy team this season and Addai is competent to handle the work load. Only question is will teams know that the Colts are run heavy and stack the middle. Yes of course.

Paint Huffing Warriors
    Dropped Knowshon Moreno and picked up Steve Slaton. Seems like a zero for a zero. Slaton had one great season in '08 with the Texans. After that not much to say. Miami needs the RB with Thomas out and PHW needs a RB that may produce over one that does not produce.

Get to Da Choppa!
    Dropped Dwayne Bowe and picked up Lance Moore. Not a bad move. Bowe and the Chiefs do not seem like they will produce much fantasy value this season. Moore has Brees throwing and though is part of a team with MANY weapons, Moore can have some really good weeks.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) vs Team Devildogs (USMCludwig)

Going to be a good game and probably a slug fest. As long as Azoic's players all play (Damn Hillis) It will be a good match.

Tom Brady vs Micheal Vick
    I love Vick. I think he is an awesome player. And there are times that I would take him because he can explode in the correct situations. But here he is up against Tom Brady. A Machine. Something SkyNet made to wipe out the last of mankind. I am not sure I would ever pick against him, and in a week against Oakland, who have been doing better than expected, I cannot go against Brady and pick Vick. This slot goes to Brady. A 4th 300 yard plus game anyone.

Sam Bradford vs Jay Cutler
    I have to give this to Jay Cutler. Bradford is a good QB that will rock when he can find himself this season. But right now he is not a good bet. Especially against a Redskins defense that I watched on Monday night hold Dallas 6 downs on the 2 yard line forcing a field goal. No Cutler faces a weak Panther defense and should do well here. Cutler takes this match.

Adrian Peterson vs Jahvid Best
    Best is an awesome RB with great hands who can slip into a WR route easily. But this week Peterson faces the Chiefs who cannot stop the run, pass, spin of the earth, or a miserable season. Peterson easily takes this match.

Peyton Hillis vs Larry Fitzgerald
    Hillis was a big disappointment last week for a lot of fantasy owners, (myself included). 2 hours before kickoff they sent him home. He is feeling better this week, and should be back. He may be a little slow, but up against the Titans he should have a good day. With that he takes this slot. Fitzgerald is also going to do really well against the Giants and get a 3rd TD for a 3rd week in a row. But I do not think he will outpace Hillis fantasy points wise.

Devery Henderson vs Vincent Jackson
    Geez both of these guys are up against teams that do not cover the pass very well. Initially I wanted to say Jackson, but it comes down to Gates and if he plays. Floyd will be in taking some heat off Jackson, but without Gates in making for a real threat, Jackson could have a lot of company as he goes out for a pass. Henderson will take this slot. He is one of many weapons for Brees, but playing the Jaguars expect him to get 1 or 2 TD's this weekend.

Jason Witten vs Jimmy Graham
    I am going to give this slot to Graham. I think his match up potentially sets him up for more opportunities to make catches as well as TD's. Witten is a real good TE and will see a lot of action, particularly having such an injured team and him currently being healthy. I just see the Lions making the Cowboys day a miserable one.

Packers vs Texans
    This one easily belongs to the Packers defense. The Texans face the Steelers who are not know to be an offensive behemoth like the Saints but do have some potentially troublesome weapons (Wallace) to make there day a rough one. The Packers go against Denver. Lets say there day will be much easier considering the holes in the Broncos offensive line.

It looks like Azoic Defenders will take this match.

Team D3ad (7oddisdead)vs Get to Da Choppa! (joosbawx)
    Both these guys looking to get a 2 and 2 record.

Kevin Kolb vs Phillip Rivers
    I have to go with Rivers here. Miami has not been the most breath taking defense in the league, that is unless your breath can be taken away at how bad a defense can play. Kolb is up against the Giants who may not be a #1 rated defense this year but isn't doing to bad and will give Kolb a workout.

Jason Campbell vs Kyle Orton
    Talk about a lack luster match up. Yes the Patriots seem to let seemly less than mediocre QB's have career setting days. But lets face it. Run DMC is the name of the game in Oakland and he will pull the brunt of the load, not Jason Campbell. But on the other side of the coin is Orton, who doesn't seem to throw for many yards. And is playing the Packers, again not a great pass defense but more than enough for the likes of Orton. Look here just made a solid argument for why neither of these guys will take this slot. (Eyes covered and points at screen). This is Orton's slot. He will have a nasty day but McFadden will rule the day for Oakland, not Campbell.

Ray Rice vs Maurice Jones-Drew
    Rice is going to have a great game as well as have a hard day. I know Run DMC (McFadden for those of you who don't follow odd nicknames) ran all over the Jets, but don't let yourself be fooled that they haven't watched tapes and prepared for a RB like Ray Rice. MJD will have an easier day with the Saints rush defense injured and overworked. I hesitate even as I say this because Rice is a beast. Nope cant do it. Cannot say this is MJD's slot. Rice takes this because he is a double threat. Cannot go against the gut.

Steven Jackson vs Darren McFadden
    Jackson will be playing injured. McFadden on the other hand is the 2nd best runner in the NFL (Adrian Peterson still holds that trophy at this time in my opinion). The Patriots know he is coming but he will work there weak rush defense over. Jackson would be my go to choice if he was 100% at this time, but with him injured and Cadillac Williams proving to be a good back up to him, this slot belongs all to McFadden.

Roddy White vs Steve Johnson
    Geez for once I like both of these guys. White is an awesome WR that does very well with Matt Ryan throwing his way. Steve Johnson is Fitzpatrick’s favorite target. Both have real good match-ups for who they are playing. For this one I am saying Johnson is going to take this slot. The Bengals will do what they can to stop him, but the Patriots couldn't stop this dastardly duo, I do not bet that the Bengals can. White loses out only because they will be looking for him and will turn a lot of defense his way to try to keep him down.

Antonio Gates vs Jeff King
    Gates is going to be a week to week play. His foot will bother him all season. If he plays he takes this slot. King has the chance to become a good TE but he has not been targeted much and unless he gets a TD won't earn a lot of points. And it looks like Gates won't play. So because of that, final pick here is King only because he showed up to the game it looks like. Personal Note...if Gates doesn't play and King does but pulls another zero score...do I still get the pick cause he showed. Hmm things to mull over.

Bears vs Giants
    Giants take this slot. There offense may be struggling but the defense is trying to pick up the slack. The Bears have struggled and will want what seems to be an easy piece of the Panthers, but if they do not watch out, Newton will throw 400 yards against them.

I am thinking that Get to Da Choppa! Will take this match. He has some good players in and Team D3ad could be facing a couple that don't show to the game.

Winter Nom Noms (Mrscott101) vs Cats HateHitler (Mem)
    Cats HateHitler is looking for that first win. Tough opponent to try that with.

Josh Freeman vs Aaron Rodgers
    I can easily pick Rodgers here. Freeman is a good QB and is consistent week to week, but he isn't very high on the board. The Colts are in a shambles at the moment, but there defense has been trying to step up and Tampa does not pose a large threat. Rodgers is playing the Broncos this week and will have a very easy day of it.

Rex Grossman vs Alex Smith
    I was talking with my brother about Rex. We figure he must have watched the hell out of game tapes in the off season or benefited very well from the 1 season McNabb was with the Redskins. Many commentators cannot stop talking about him. This week I will take him for this slot. He faces the Rams who have not won a game yet and allow a fair amount of points to be scored. Alex Smith faces the Eagles. I do not see him picking apart there secondary. He will have a very tough day.

LeSean McCoy vs Daniel Thomas
    McCoy takes this slot. He faces a week 49ers defense when it comes to rush defense. He has done well in every outing and has taken on more work as the Eagles get Vick to learn to stay in the pocket. Thomas, who is doing very well, faces the Chargers who will be prepared to stop any game that he may have. Add in that Thomas is out.

Ryan Matthews vs Jonathon Stewart
    Cam Newton likes to throw the ball. Even when Stewart gets touches he is splitting time still with DeAngelo Williams. This slot goes to Matthews. He has taken the #1 RB spot in San Diego and is running all over opposing defenses. And this week he faces Miami. A good day to be him.

Mike Wallace vs Calvin Johnson
    Both these guys are gonna play. Both will have really good games. The question is to which will have a better game. My pick goes to Wallace. Johnson will have a good game as previously stated but is facing the Cowboys who may not be a steel wall to WR's but they will play him close and rough. Wallace faces a Texans defense who at times forget to cover WR's it seems.

Owen Daniels vs Vernon Davis
    I don't like Daniels match-up this week. The Steelers are a very tough defense to face. Davis has not been spectacular this season. But against the Eagles he may have a pretty decent day as Alex Smith tries to get rid of the ball quickly to his TE. Davis takes this slot.

Chargers vs Steelers
    Normally I would pick the Steelers D hands sown every week. I have so far. But the match up blows this week. The Texans have a lot of weapons to play against this defense. I pick the Chargers for this slot. They face Miami and need to vent some of there frustrations on a week offense.

Cats HateHitler won't get a win this week. This match goes to Winter Nom Noms.

Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo)vs Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver)
    At the end of this game there will be only 1 undefeated team in this league. What do you think. Can Voodoo Children pull it off or are we gonna get a new pic on the league main page if he loses. We will see.

Drew Brees vs Matt Shaub
    Brees takes this slot facing the Jaguars. Shaub has a lot of weapons at his disposal, but faces a Steelers defense who will do there best to stop him. Brees also has a lot of weapons and will have a far easier day with the Jaguars here.

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Matthew Stafford
    I am going to pick Stafford here. I am not sure I like picking against Fitzpatrick. He has done a great job this season and faces the Bengals who may have done well against the pass so far, has not faced a real good QB this season as of yet. But Stafford, even facing the Cowboys, has some great weapons to throw to and will take the day.

Micheal Turner vs Matt Forte
    I know Turner is missing his primary lead blocker in week 4. But I still pick him for this slot. The Falcons will set him up for a good day facing the Seahawks. Forte, who is up against the Panthers should do well, but I haven't seen anything this season from him that makes me want to put my money on his horse. Yes he has scored points on yards. But I want to see a TD.

Fred Jackson vs Wes Welker
    I have lamented about a WR vs RB match up many times. Enough to where I try not to. But I bring it up here because Welker is no normal WR. He has Brady throwing to him (read above write up on Brady). I like both these picks. This time I am going to go with Jackson. He faces a Bengals defense who is going to concentrate on stopping Fitzpatrick’s passing game, opening up a lot of space for this great RB. Welker will have a great game and will give Jackson a run for his money, but just won't quite pass him up.

Nate Washington vs Greg Jennings
    I will pick Jennings here. I like his match up and is a proven fantasy commodity. Washington has done well in one game after another WR was injured and left. I have to see more of him before I give him a real glance. Plus the Browns have a good pass defense, making the day a bit tougher for the replacement.

Dustin Keller vs Rob Gronkowski
    Keller should have a good game, but here I pick Gronkowski who is becoming a favorite target for Brady even before Hernandez was hurt and with his injury still will not be splitting time or catches at TE spot. Add in a weak Oakland defense and he should have a really good day.

Ravens vs Lions
    I want to pick the Lions here but cannot. Romo played through his rib injury last week and did well. If he has healed up, he should have a pretty good game. I pick the Ravens here because even with facing a good defense they have a tendency to do really well. It depends more on the Jets and if the can build up any steam going into this game.

This match is going to be a slug fest. But I think Voodoo Children will come out ahead by a nose.

Clear Sights (Clearsights) vs Mallers Da Winner (COsurvivor)
    Gonna be another close game. With another set of teams looking to be 2 and 2. High stakes so early in the season.

Mark Sanchez vs Eli Manning
    I would like to start by saying that I am impressed that Eli has only thrown 2 interception in 3 games. And that was with facing the Eagles who by all rights should have picked him apart. I am picking him for this slot, but not because of that. He faces the Cardinals who is a sight easier to face than the Ravens, who Sanchez is up against. Eli should have a very good day considering that match up. Sanchez won't have a horrible day. He will put up some numbers just nothing that you will take a second glance at.

Chad Henne vs Matt Hasselback
    This is one of those matches I am just not sure on. Henne has not impressed me save for week 1. Hasselback lost Britt to throw to last week for the entire season. Both are facing decent pass rush defenses. With this one I will pick Hasselback. He is not facing the Chargers and has a couple no name WR's to throw to still. Henne just does not make me think he will do much to be of a fantasy value.

Chris Johnson vs Beanie Wells
    I think this may be Johnson's week to finally get off the ain't doing shit bus and actually make some good fantasy points. He faces the Browns who have a better pass defense the rush defense. Wells was a big let down last week and do not know as of yet if he is playing. Even healthy my pick would go over to Johnson. The Giants seem to be doing a decent defense for an injured Wells to face.

DeSean Jackson vs Santana Moss
    Not knowing how Vick will do this week with a broken non throwing hand, my pick goes to Moss. Rex Grossman has been giving a lot of attention to Moss and they face the Rams who do not have a good pass rush and let opposing wide outs run all over them. If Vick was 100% Jackson would be the play, but with that unknown it places Jackson with a big question mark.

Hakeem Nicks vs Mike Williams
    I am going to go with Nicks for this slot. Mike Williams is a great WR and Josh Freeman has the arm to get him the ball. But when you are the only stand out WR on a team, you get a lot of coverage to where your QB cannot get you the ball. Nicks is still considered injured but seem healthy and made all of his practices this week. He probably won't be a stand out pick for fantasy points this week but he will fair better than Williams in this match up facing the Cardinals.

Jermicheal Finley vs Greg Olsen
    I am going with Finley here. Aaron Rodgers likes to use him, and he gets a fair share of catches even with all the weapons at Rodgers disposal. Olsen and Cam Newton seem to be in step with each other, but her is splitting time with Jeremy Shockey taking away his fantasy value.

Saints vs Falcons
    This one goes to the Falcons. They face the Seahawks who has a very leaky offensive line. The Saints are not a stellar defense, and will not be until they can begin to stop the run. And lets face it, Saints do not play defense, let Brees get the ball and out score everyone.

It looks like Mallers Da Winna will take this match.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Good job again as always. Now lets hope you're right. My user title depends on it.

Just you wait on Washington. He just became the number one receiver on a team with a lack of a run game right now.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Oct 2nd, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Geez there are alot of players just not performing. And I see it in Washington. He has the recieving yards, I just would love to see him get the TD's. I just looked up other WR's and saw Robert Meachum out there who has a TD each week. I haven't seen what he did today yet though.

"Gatherer"

Status
    LMAO I just looked him back up. Meachum no TD this week and 59 yards. So Washington was the right way to go.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

No technically Dez Bryant was. But whatever. No reason to think the Detroit Lions could keep a broken WR and QB in check. Nope. That's obviously far too much to ask for.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    lol i've been meaning to change that main page of the league for a while
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus