User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Wasnt a World War Z fan. Started it and never finished.
    Last edited by mem; Sep 26th, 2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: pickles

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

doom. seriously read them and your jaw will drop. Besides having stilted dialogue, there's nasty pedo overtones in the latter books and they delve into the realm of complete nonsense.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    doom. seriously read them and your jaw will drop. Besides having stilted dialogue, there's nasty pedo overtones in the latter books and they delve into the realm of complete nonsense.
    holy crap dude, i loved the doom books. the first one was the best, and while the rest got a little out there, i still enjoyed the read. and what pedo overtones?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Reaper - the very last book was the worst. Remember the 14 year old girl that Fly had a kinda sorta thing for/with? Well, the writer goes into insane detail about her breasts when Fly is looking at her in cryogenic freeze. I was entirely creeped out by the whole thing, to the point where it's suck with me like 15+ years later lol

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Cell.
    When I heard King was doing zombies I almost died of zombie bliss... And then it came out.....Worse disappointment in 400 pages.
    I only speak three languages-English, Spanglish and Sarcasm, If you don't speak at least two of them you probably won't get my humor anyway...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Cell could have been a lot better. In typical King fashion, the book really petered out in its third act and the end was just atrocious. But darned if the first half of the book didn't have me gripping my seat.

I used to listen to the audio book version while driving to shoots and I had gotten so hooked that I would leave 30 minutes earlier and just sit in my car listening to it.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    I am also apparently the only one here that thinks World War Z is wildly overrated

I couldn't even finish World War Z. It just got so repetitive. Several times I thought I was reading that same chapter over and over again.
    Likes Leedo2502 liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post

I couldn't even finish World War Z. It just got so repetitive. Several times I thought I was reading that same chapter over and over again.
    I'm wondering if it could be that World War Z is just better in audiobook form. The abridged audiobook was in a radio drama format and it was absolutely amazing! Alan Alda, Mark Hamill and a bunch of other very incredible actors. I've never actually tried reading the book, but I'm willing to bet that nothing will hold a candle to the audiobook version!
    Likes bluestarred, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The audio-book of WWZ is an incredible piece of fine audio-art ...
    I think WWZ - either you like it or you hate it. It is very "documentary style", thus I can imagine that people may not like it. It is not the classic story around a bunch of heroes or survivors telling "their" story; it is just a collection of many small bits and pieces describing the start, evolution and ending of the zombie-apocalypse from many different perspectives ... Therefore you don't have the climax-scheme or whatnot ... Just consider WA not being told around Michael and friends, but WA being told in a way that each chapter would be all about one specific and different journal ...
    Anyway: WWZ - I enjoyed them both, and I am not so surprised that Paramount and Brad Pitt have so much trouble making the movie, because WWZ is not about one story, but about many small ones ...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    Reaper - the very last book was the worst. Remember the 14 year old girl that Fly had a kinda sorta thing for/with? Well, the writer goes into insane detail about her breasts when Fly is looking at her in cryogenic freeze. I was entirely creeped out by the whole thing, to the point where it's suck with me like 15+ years later lol
    ok, point well taken, that was a bit disturbing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast