User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Hoarder"

Status

It has nothing to do with the Audio or Book form of WWZ, it's horribly written and researched. Each character sounds the same, and when he has any story that deals with the military it's obvious that he couldn't even be bothered to look at Wikipedia even let alone talk to someone who was in the military. The Military jargon is completly wrong, no one in the Military has ever refered to grenades as "'nades", the tactics are wrong (ie The Battle of Yonkers) and the way that the chain of command works is wrong. The military has plans on how to aid civilian authorities in an outbreak of non-fictional diseases and could have erred on the side of treating the zombie outbreak like a flu pandemic but it is borderline offensive to think that the Military is so insanely incompetent that it would treat the infected like the Russians pouring out of the Fulda Gap (if a higher-up told some Joe to build a fighting position with overhead cover to defend against Zombies he'd be told to "fuck-off"). I'm pretty sure Brooks hasn't even watched a war movie he was so off base about things.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Leedo, you raise a good point. While I still enjoyed the audio book and found many of the characters and circumstances to be interesting, the battle of yonkers was very unbelievable.

I've always said that Romero slow moving zombies could NEVER take over the world, for the sole reason that the military is just too good. Even if there was 4 million zombies coming all at once, they would be four million DEAD zombies. Also, I don't feel as though the military would resort to flechettes and explosives, simply because it would be an unnecessary destruction of the landscape, as well as collateral damage (although I really did enjoy hearing Mark Hamill!).

But the Redecker plan gave me chills - the voice acting and sentiment were wonderful, as well as the man in the wheelchair on the neighborhood watch team. Alan Alda also did a wonderful job voice acting and there were so many stories told from so many perspectives that I couldn't help but be entertained, even on my third listening. It's one of the few zombie tales that come close to WA in terms of character enjoyment and storyline.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    i am good with getting the suggestions as there are many new titles i am awaring of that was not know to me before but now i am well known with them and going to have a read one by one

"Lurker"

Status
    Merci les gars, maintenant je sais avec certitude quel livre je ne lirai pas avec certitude. En passant, je vous conseille de lire une thèse https://lathese.com/, je pense que vous l'aimerez beaucoup.

"Lurker"

Status
    I still wanna in any event look at the Feed. I don't wanna spend my cash on it now however. Is it extremely that awful? Possibly it simply wasn't to your specific loving, all the great input that arrangement has gotten needs to state something.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Audio or Book form of WWZ, it's horribly written and researched. Each character sounds the same, and when he has any story that deals with the military it's obvious that he couldn't even be bothered to look at Wikipedia even let alone talk to someone who was in the military. The Military jargon is completly wrong, no one in the Military has ever refered to grenades as "'nades", the tactics are wrong (ie The Battle of Yonkers) and the way that the chain of command works is wrong. The military has plans on how to aid civilian authorities in an outbreak of non-fictional diseases and could have erred on the side of treating the zombie outbreak like a flu pandemic but it is borderline offensive to think that the Military is so insanely incompetent that it would treat the infected like the Russians pouring out of the Fulda Gap (if a higher-up told some Joe to build a fighting position with overhead cover to defend against Zombies he'd be told to "fuck-off"). I'm pretty sure Brooks hasn't even watched a war movie he was so off base about things.
    I agree with you that it is the worst book about zombies. I have already written a review for this book, you can read it, because it is verified by the company that is recommended here - https://essayexplorer.com/blog/essay-types/ - it is the site that shows which types of essays exist and also checks reviews on the books. So if you will read my reviews you can know what book is worst!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123