User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Worst zombie book ever?

There are a few stinkers out there, but by far the worst I've read is Mira Grant's Feed. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this, but I'm amazed at how many people gave it good reviews. The protagonist was boring, the plot was boring, the supporting characters were boring, and the details went on ad nauseam. I trudged through the book always expecting it to get interesting and it finally did; about 450 pages in. And that was when the protagonist died. The only character even slightly interesting was the brother (and I don't remember his name either). Any other stinkers out there that you've read?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    You might wanna peg this as having some spoilers. I'm definitely not gonna read Feed now that I know the end...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    I still wanna at least check out the Feed. I don't wanna spend my money on it now though. Is it really that bad? Maybe it just wasn't to your particular liking, all the good feedback that series has gotten has to say something.

"Gatherer"

Status
    The Living Dead 2 was absolutely horrible.

I bought that shit from B&N; basically a collection of several short stories from several authors.

Shit sucked ASS. One was talkin bout Necrophilia, another didn't even mention zombies once, it was like a bar fight where they hid the body and that was it.

I will correct if it is no the right book- pretty sure it was Living Dead 2 tho

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'd have to say that the biggest let down as far as zombooks go would either be Pride and Prejudice & Zombies or Monster Island/Planet/Nation series by David Wellington. They were awful.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Brian Keene - City of the Dead and The Rising. I thought these were really bad. some of the characters i felt they were too stereotyped to pathetically bad.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcludwig View Post
    The Living Dead 2 was absolutely horrible.

I bought that shit from B&N; basically a collection of several short stories from several authors.

Shit sucked ASS. One was talkin bout Necrophilia, another didn't even mention zombies once, it was like a bar fight where they hid the body and that was it.

I will correct if it is no the right book- pretty sure it was Living Dead 2 tho
    i was looking at that too. i got the living dead 1 anthology so i was intrigued when i saw the second. kinda glad i went with dead space: martyr now

"Lurker"

Status
    oh there is another bad one called Zone One by Colson Whitehead. it sucked. book just did not stay on track.

"Hoarder"

Status

The Last sentence of Rise Again ruined the whole book for me.

I am also apparently the only one here that thinks World War Z is wildly overrated

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    The Last sentence of Rise Again ruined the whole book for me.

I am also apparently the only one here that thinks World War Z is wildly overrated
    i wouldn't say wildly overrated, but i think it is a little over hyped. i enjoyed it for the most part, but it wasn't as good as i expected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast