User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Haters week 3 roundup

OK here we go. Rolling into Week 3 and we can see maybe a small bit of who are strong fantasy players, and who are the busts. As for last weeks ugly little drop (again apologies, as I start doing something like this, leave it to work to kick into overdrive). I was 25 of 35 picks. For Team match ups, I was 3 win, 1 loss, and 1 push.
    In my tired posting I forgot to pick a winner for the Team Devil Dogs vs Team D3ad match up so will take a push though I think I would have bet on the Devil Dogs. It was my worst picked game going 3/3 so works for me.

So going into this next week we have some big injuries.

Jamaal Charles
    A season ending ACL tear. If possible it is time to drop him to make room for someone else on the roster.

Malcolm Floyd
    Groin Injury. It's a wait and see game for this player. If you got a body that is good to fill the slot go with him.

Dez Bryant
    Still suffering from a quads injury, he looks like a week 3 return.

Tony Romo
    OK, he has broken ribs AND a punctured lung. With that, he was measured for a Kevlar vest which could be a sign that he will play. My question is, if you have a viable QB on the bench, would you take a chance on the bench warmer or the guy with busted ribs and a punctured lung.

Aaron Hernandez
    A sprained MCL. 1 to 2 weeks out. Damn shame cause he was getting a work out from Brady.

Miles Austin
    Injured Hamstring. Out til Oct. 16th. Possibly sooner like Oct. 2nd but still means no week 3.

Calvin Johnson
    Ankle is still bothering him but is no worse than last weeks game. He will play and has proven even limited play means he is a starter on any fantasy roster.

Felix Jones
    With a separated shoulder we will have to wait and see if he plays. With Austin out and an injured Romo playing I could see Jones come in and do some business for the day.

Micheal Vick
    Concussion. He will more than likely play but keep an eye on his status. He could be a game time call

Mario Manningham
    Concussion. Same as above, though more likely not to play. Game time decision, keep an eye or change him out.

Steven Jackson
    Still questionable. He hasn't practiced. Watch for more information. May be a tough play if he goes in injured against the Ravens.

Roddy White
    Still dealing with a previous injury, he will play but may have a limited game

Marques Colston
    Is still out

Arian Foster
    More than likely won't play even though he is listed as questionable. Even if he does play, it will be limited and possibly no value to a fantasy team

Last Minute addition....Antonio Gates could possibly not play due to a foot injury.

OK looking at team moves this week

Voodoo Children
    Dropped Kellen Winslow and picked up Fred Davis.
    A good move in my opinion. Winslow hasn't had a very good season and Fred Davis is doing very well this season. Winslow is a good filler for the TE slot so may be a good grab for a team wanting in that slot.

Voodoo Children
    Dropped Matt Bryant and picked up Jason Hanson. Hanson will get more work as kicker than Bryant. No complaints on this pick up.

Get to Da Choppa!
    Added Jeff King and dropped up C.J. Spiller OK, I have to admit that I had this backwards originally and stated how bad of an idea it was, Now that I got my shit straight, I think this was a good move. Spiller is having no real impact on his offense where as King has one TD per game and could easily keep that pace up.

Cats HateHitler
    Dropped Sidney Rice and picked up Eric Decker. Decker could be a very good pick up depending on if Lloyd plays or not. Even then he is viable considering they will have to split up there CB's to keep an eye on both and Decker has proven to be a good target. Dropping Rice is a good move considering he more than likely will not play.

Get to Da Choppa!
    Dropped Reggie Bush and picked up Ben Tate. Good move in terms of RB value. Tate will take all or a large part of the running plays for Houston until Foster is back to 100%. Plus Bush's role in Miami looks to be getting smaller and smaller.

Winter Nom Noms
    Dropped Pierre Garcon for Denarius MooreNot a bad move truthfully. Not great either. Garcon has not been much of a factor with out Manning in the mix to throw to him. Moore on the other hand seems to be the #1 WR for the Raiders. Though this week, playing the Jets I am not sure what his chances of a good game are.

Winter Nom Noms
    Dropped Raiders defense and picked up Rex GrossmanGrossman is not the QB we saw in previous incarnations at other teams. He seems ( for the time being) to have found his niche with the Redskins. So not a bad pick up considering the Raiders defense isn’t all that great.

OK on to our Match-ups this week

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) vs Winter Nom Noms(Mrscott101)

This could end up being a real slug fest considering injuries and the players facing each other here.

Tom Brady vs Tony Romo

Both of these QB's are top line guys. Both can maximize a fantasy teams scores. Brady is a bar or two above Romo, but that is not why he will take this slot. No Brady takes this slot because Romo is hurt. Not just sore but hurt. He suffered a broken rib and a punctured rib last week. They are fitting him for a Kevlar protective vest. He is one major sack from not playing the game. And make no qualms...the Redskins defense will be gunning for him and have said as much. Yeah he will have a good game if his offensive line can protect him, but like I said, all it takes is one nasty sack and you are left holding the bag.

Sam Bradford vs Josh Freeman

Josh Freeman I think may take this slot. Bradford is a good QB and gonna do real well as he gets more time under his belt. But this week he faces a Ravens defense that got snuffed last week on there pass rush. Freeman is steady and will score his points, where as Bradford could have a real rough game ahead of him.

Adrian Peterson vs LeSean McCoy

Tough call I think. I think McCoy will take this slot. I base this on the fact that if Vick does not play he will be a major workhorse. Peterson will have a great game and should have this slot but I think it will be McCoy's day to shine.

Peyton Hillis vs Steve Smith

Both of these guys should have real good games. Niether is going against a defense that makes you go oh shit. And normally I would go with the RB in this but I think this will be Smith's slot. Reason is Newton may not have shed our fears that he is a rookie and will have a rough game but he is against the Jaguars this week. Cam Newton could easily have another 400 yard game and his favorite target is Smith. Look for Smith to have another 150+ yard game and 1 possibly 2 touchdowns. Hillis will run all over the Dolphins but may not have the points and yards to top Smith.

Devery Henderson vs Mike Wallace

Wallace hands down takes this slot. Henderson has had a couple great games and will do well again this week. But Wallace is a beast. Add in the the Colts are in a bit of disarray right now and it adds up to Wallace having a great game.

Jason Witten vs Owen Daniels

Even with an injured Romo, I think Witten takes this slot. He will get a lot of dump passes and be a workhorse for either Romo or his back up if he gets injured. Daniels is in step with Shaub but has not been racking up the yards or scores this season that he needs to make a fantasy leader.

Packers vs Jets

On match up alone I will go with the Jets here. I think they will shut down the Raiders easily.
    The Packers will have a good game but seem to be allowing to many points hurting there fantasy score.

With what I see here, I hate to say it, but it looks like Winter Nom Noms will take this match up.

Get to Da Choppa (joosbawx) vs Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo)

Lets see if Voodoo Children can go without a loss here.

Phillip Rivers vs Drew Brees

These QB's match-up could easily lead to huge fantasy scores. I am going to say that Rivers takes this slot. He is up against the Chiefs whose defense might as well sit on the sidelines as an opposing offense rolls over them. Brees faces the Texans who could put up a better resistance, though it won't stop Bresus with all of his targets and weapons he has available to him in a game.

Kyle Orton vs Ryan Fitzpatrick

I do not trust Orton here to say he will take this slot. So I will say Fitzpatrick has it. Yes and that is facing a Patriots defense. But the Patriots game plan is not to win with defense, it is to out score the opponent. With that Fitzpatrick should have a real good game and take this slot easily.

Maurice Jones-Drew vs Micheal Turner

I think Turner will have another hundred yard game with a couple TD's to top it off. MJD does face a Panthers Defense that hasn't done well this season. But Turner is having an awesome season and his train won't stop in Tampa Bay. This is Turners slot.

Darren McFadden vs Fred Jackson

I think this is McFadden's slot. He will be the workhorse for his team. Jackson will have a good game, but won't do well against the Patriots who do better at run D than pass rush.

Julio Jones vs Kenny Britt
    This slot goes to Britt. He has proven to be Hasselback's favorite target and seems to have the talent to bring in those throws made to him letting have a terrific season so far at the 2 week mark. Jones here is more along for the ride. He may have a good game here and there, but Roddy White is Ryan's main target when it comes to the aerial attack.

Jeff King vs Dustin Keller

I like King but considering his low yardage and low number of passes thrown his way, I think Keller will take this slot. Sanchez is in step with Keller and has no problem making a pass to him if his WR's aren't open.

Giants vs Ravens

Even though the Ravens got ripped apart by the pass last weekend, I think they will still take this slot. With an injured running game in St. Louis, They will be able to concentrate on all aspects of the game defense wise. The Giants are going against a very well oiled Eagles who should have no problems cutting through the Giants defense.

It looks to me like Voodoo Children will take a win away from Get to Da Choppa!. Voodoo Children has this fight.

Team D3ad (7oddisdead) vs Clear Sights (Clearsights)
    Lets see if Clear Sights, who is in the hunt for his 1st win, can take down Team D3ad

Kevin Kolb vs Mark Sanchez

Another tough call. Sanchez takes this slot. I know he had a slow week last week, and he is a middle of the line QB, but he should have a good game against the Raiders. Kolb could do real well, but I am not sure I am ready to putt my betting money on him in this match-up.

Jason Campbell vs Chad Henne

And here I don't want to pick. This is Henne's slot. He goes against the Browns defense, which does not scare me nearly as much as the Jets secondary who Campbell is facing reducing the Raiders to a heavy running game.

Ray Rice vs Chris Johnson

This could be Johnson's 1st big game this season, but I give this slot to Rice because he will be unstoppable in St. Louis.

Steven Jackson vs Frank Gore

This is Gore's slot. Jackson will be back injured and less than 100% if he plays. And this will be against a Ravens defense. Gore facing the Bengals is the better bet here.

Roddy White vs Hakeem Nicks

I like Roddy Whites opponent better the Nicks going against the Eagles. This is Whites slot. White has not had a great season but should see it pick up here. Nicks looks good injury wise, and also looks to be Manning's only main weapon, not the best thing considering the Eagles CB's are pretty good.

Antonio Gates vs Jermicheal Finley

If Gates plays, he is against the Chiefs letting him take this slot. I do not see him sitting out. Finley seems healthy as well, faces the Bears who can put up a better defense than the Chiefs. Add in that Gates is a favorite target of Phillips when he is not triple covered.

Bears vs Saints

Pfft! I am flipping a coin here. Saints take this slot. The Texans will do well playing the Saints and still seem to have a running game in Tate if Foster does not play. Bears playing Green Bay does not inspire a fantasy confidence in me.

I think Clear Sights will eek out a win over Team D3ad here.

Cats HateHitler (Mem) vs Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver)

Cats HateHitler here is looking for a 1st win and plays an unbeaten Paint Huffing Warriors. Can Cats capitalize on the Warriors many injuries. Let's take a look

Aaron Rodgers vs Matt Shaub

Both excellent QB's here with nice match-ups. I think this one will go to Rodgers who will take to the air against the Bears more than Shaub who will also use a good running game to attack the Saints with. This is Rodgers spot.

Alex Smith vs Matthew Stafford

This is Stafford's slot hands down. He is having a great season and as long as he avoids injury should be in as often as he plays. Smith who is not a steady fantasy scoring play will rely heavily on his RB Gore in this game. He will make passes maybe even a TD but nothing spectacular.

Danial Thomas vs Matt Forte

Even though Forte faces a Green Bay defense I pick him to take this slot. He will have a good game and is the go to goal line attack for the Bears. Thomas, just activated last week, may have taken the starting RB slot in Miami but do not expect him to explode for massive fantasy points.

Jonathon Stewart vs Wes Welker

Welker takes this slot. The Bills have been playing very well, but with Brady throwing the ball I cannot help but seeing a 75 yard game with a TD mixed in. Stewart is also doing well and faces the Jaguars but as we have seen, Cam Newton likes to throw the ball and not hand it off.

Vernon Davis vs Rob Gronkowski

The Patriots were in a very unique position. They had 2 really good TE's doing well this season. Now with Hernandez injured, Gronkowski will be taking all of the TE work. Davis hasn't showed a lot this season, allowing Gronkowski to take this slot.

Steelers vs Lions

I have picked Steelers twice now and I am not going to break that idea. They are a beast when there defense is clicking and Polamalu is something to see when he is on fire. This will go to the Steelers who will pick apart the Colts. Lions also have a good match-up but just won't do as well as the Steelers.

It looks bad for Cats HateHitler. Paint Huffing Warriors will win this match.

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig) vs Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor)
    The Devil Dogs seem to be unstoppable at this point. Can Mallers put up the fight needed to stop them.

Micheal Vick vs Eli Manning

Vick has been dealing with a concussion that had kept him questionable for the game. It looks more and more like he will play. With that note, he will take this slot because the Giants defense won't be able to do much to stop him where as the Eagles defense will likely end up with a couple interceptions from Manning.

Jay Cutler vs Matt Hasselback

I was going to go with Cutler here. Green Bay's pass defense isn't the best. But this time I will say Hasselback will take this slot. Reason...Kenny Britt. If they don't have there best CB on him he will be unstoppable. Cutler does not have a WR of this caliber in his stable.

Jahvid Best vs Beanie Wells

I like Wells match up better here, but I think Best will take this slot because Stafford not only likes to hand the ball off to Best, but he has no qualms throwing it to him making him a weapon on every play.

Larry Fitzgerald vs Santana Moss

I like Fitzgerald for this match. Moss is doing well and Dallas may be injured, but the injuries are primarily on offense. Expect the Dallas defense to step up to the plate to help the injured offense making a tough play for Moss. Fitzgerald on the other hand is playing the Seahawks and will be untouchable.

Vincent Jackson vs Mike Williams

I like Williams. He is a go to WR for his team. I could pick him from week to week. Just not this week. This slot goes to Jackson, who had a great game last week. This week he will possibly be playing with no Antonio Gates in and is up against the Chiefs who haven't instilled confidence via there defense.

Jimmy Graham vs Greg Olsen

I like Graham for this slot. He has Brees throwing to him and seems to be a go to guy in the red zone. Olsen is splitting time with another TE and seems to losing out in throws to him.

Texans vs Falcons

This slot belongs to the Falcons. The Texans face a score happy Saints and I see no reason for that to stop here. The Falcons on the other hand face a competent Freeman in Tampa, but he is no Brees, and does not have the amount of weapons that Brees has at his disposal.

Team Devil Dogs has a strong team with good match ups letting him take this weeks win over Team D3ad.
    Last edited by GodofInsanity; Sep 25th, 2011 at 08:09 AM.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    I have to say, I LOVE THIS!! I look forward to reading this each week!! Well done
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    Thanks. I made sure it was much more readable than last weeks.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    just discovered these threads...excellent work, sir. looking forward to reading this the whole disappointing and grueling season.
    "And zombies! Where the f*ck are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable."
    -- George Carlin