User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Haters Week 2 round-up

I would like to note this week I worked 72hrs. I had planned to originally have it out by friday after working on it all week. Well the best laid plans can go right out the porthole before you hit the beach. Its out late, and doesn't look pretty but I hope you enjoy.

Well that was one hell of a Week 1

Taking a quick look at how I did on predicting who would do better. I am 2 of 5 on who would win in there match-ups. As to my player match-up picks I am 22/17/1. So I picked more right than I missed and had 1 push. My best match up was the Mallers Da Winna and Paint Huffing Warriors where I went 7 for 1. Not a great start but not bad either.

Also some changes. Unless there is something really mentionable about a Kicker (IE a sudden bout of inaccuracy) I will be leaving them unmentioned in the match-ups.

OK on to the news of the week.

Nate Kaeding is out possibly for the season due to a torn ACL. That had to be the shortest season for any player that got to walk on the field.

Keep and eye on Knowshon Moreno and Brandon Lloyd as they are both probable but also both getting MRI's to make sure nothing is out of place.

Marques Colston is out for a minimum of 4 weeks with a broken collar bone.

Steven Jackson of the Rams looks questionable to play. I can see this. He is one of there biggest weapons, if not the biggest. Expect them to rest him to make sure he is 100%.

Mercedes Lewis will probably play but watch the write ups as he may get held out.

Will have to keep an eye on Arian Foster as a lot of people expected him to play last week and came up with a big bust.

OK so player moves this week.

Winter Nom Noms dropped Nate Kaeding. Good move considering.

Winter Nom Noms then picked up David Akers. Good choice, a seasoned kicker on a team that is likely going to need a lot of 3pt kicks over the season.

Mallers Da Winna dropped Darren Sproles. Good move. He won't be a large factor in New Orleans unless he ends up with a lucky break out or they decide to use him more.

Azoic Defenders dropped Lee Evans and picked up Devery Henderson. With Lance Moore out for the time being this could be a good move as Lee Evans may not be at 100% and could have a sporadic season fantasy points wise.

Voodoo Children dropped Kerry Collins and picked up Cam Newton. Another good move. Collins showed his ineffectiveness this last weekend as Cam Newton proved a lot of critics (including myself ) wrong. Can he keep it up. Let's see as his next match up is Green Bay.

Mallers Da Winna added Darren Sproles. He is a solid player, but even with injuries maybe low on the target list as Brees looks throw his targets. As his predecessor did, he does have the chance to explode in a game but would be considered a fill in during a bye week at best at this stage of the season.

Get to Da Choppa! Picked up Aaron Hernandez and dropped Mercedes Lewis. Not a bad move. Lewis is a great TE...when healthy. There is a very good chance he won't play. Aaron Hernandez can be a disappointing pick but with a machine like Brady throwing to him, he could have a big game more often than not.

Winter Nom Noms dropped Chris Cooley. I am not a fan of Cooley's stats. Add in the fact that he is questionable at best, it is not a bad move to make the drop and take a look at what is hiding out there.

Team Devil Dogs dropped San Diego and picked up the Texans defense. Normally I would kinda of raise an eyebrow at this move. Not this week though. The Chargers are going against the Patriots and Brady who threw 512 yards last week. I wouldn't want to be against the machine either. Plus the Texans are playing Miami and even though Hennes got 417 yards last week I still think this is a better bet then the Chargers.

Paint Huffing Warriors dropped Micheal Bush and picked up Rob Gronkowski. A good move. Bush will be playing 2nd fiddle to McFadden. . Gronkowski has Brady throwing to him and even though he will be competing with Hernandez for downs played he will still more than likely have a better game than Bush.

Winter Nom Noms picked up Kerry Collins and dropped Mark Ingram. In a pass heavy offense, dropping Ingram may not be a bad move. And if you are jockeying for a bye week and and need a QB to fill the slot, Collins isn't the worst choice. Collins will settle in and do better I think but it won't be fantastic but will put points on the fantasy board if you are in need of a QB at this stage.

OK onto our match-ups

Mallers Da Winna vs. Azoic Defenders

EPSN states that Azoic has the edge in this match-up, lets see how this adds up.

Eli Manning vs. Tom Brady
    I want to start by saying hands down Brady has this. Eli is a good QB when he throws it to his own team, but he is matched up against a MACHINE. Add that Eli's team is not conditioned like the Patriots are. Brady will take this.

Matt Hasselback vs Sam Bradford

Bradford has a little injury. But ha also is missing his running game to take some heat off of the passing game. On the flip side Hasselback had an even worse week 1. So this one slides into place because of match-ups. Hasselback is against the Ravens. Bad JuJu there. With that Bradford has the advantage on the since he is up against the Giants.

Beanie Wells vs. Adrian Peterson

Beanie had a very good week one and should be kept in. He will have a good week. Peterson is up against Tampa and will have a better week. This goes to Peterson.

Santana Moss vs. Peyton Hillis
    I have said before how much I do not like a WR vs RB match-up. Last week showed that a WR can prevail. Hillis is up against the Colts. He is a very good bet. But Moss is playing a defense that let Steve Smith go crazy on them. So here I disagree with ESPN. Moss has the advantage. Hillis will do great. But I think Moss takes this one like Smith did last week.

Mike Williams vs. Mario Manningham
    Again I will move away from ESPN here. Manningham will be the primary WR due to Hakeem Kicks bruised knee. Williams will have a great game but Manningham will be working overtime. Manningham takes this.

Greg Olsen vs. Jason Witten
    Witten will take this one. He had a great game last week and is primed to have another really good week. I just wish for a TD in his future. Olsen will be in play because even with Cam Newtons great 1st weak. We still have the question mark above his head. Olsen will get the dump plays to bail Newtons ass out is a big possibility still.

Falcons vs Packers

Falcons will be facing the Eagles. An awesome offense that is hard to contain on a good day. Packers are against Panthers. They did well last week but had too many points allowed. With that look for them to try to shut down Newton. This one slides to the Packers.

It looks to be Azoic defenders chance to pull a win here.

Clear Sights vs Voodoo Children

Nik had a great week last week. Lets see here if he can pull of a week 2 victory.

Mark Sanchez vs Drew Brees
    This one easily goes to Brees. Sanchez will have a great game against the Jaguars. But Brees will have an awesome game against anyone.

Chad Henne vs Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tough call in my opinion. Reason Fitzpatrick is a really good QB and will do well as his career matures. Plus this week he is playing Oakland. Henne threw 417 yards against the Patriots. Only 2 TD's though. Fitzpatrick will take this match-up. Henne will do OK as usual but won't shine against the Texans this week.

Chris Johnson vs Micheal Turner
    I have a love/hate relationship with Johnson. When he has a good game, its a great game. When he has a bad game, you wish you had benched him. This week he faces the Ravens. Because of that Turner will take this week. Sure he faces the Eagles but the Ravens defense will make Johnson’s day miserable...possible a wish I benched him day.

Frank Gore vs Tim Hightower
    I think Gore will take this one. He may be held up on his running game against Dallas, but is a good all around player and will do well. Hightower is going to a workhorse again this week and will easily pass Gore if Dallas holds Gore down. I just do not think Dallas will hold Gore down.

Hakeem Nicks vs Anquan Boldin
    Nicks, if he plays will be injured. Boldin is going to have a lot of opportunities with the Titans secondary to be open and is a favorite target for Flacco. This one goes to Boldin.

Jermicheal Finley vs Kellen Winslow
    Winslow will have a good game. Finley should have a good game as well. His injury doesn't seem to have slowed him. This one goes to Finely since I do not think the Panthers defense will be able to stop Aaron Rodgers throwing to everyone on the Packers roster.

Saints vs Ravens
    Ravens will take this as the Saints bet to win isn't defense but offense. Ravens will have easy pickings with Hasselback throwing leaving them more than enough ability to deal with Chris Johnson

I think Voodoo Children will be surprised and get a 2nd win here.

Paint Huffing Warriors vs Winter Nom Noms

Both 1 and 0 here, someone will leave with a 1st loss here.

Matt Shaub vs Tony Romo
    Both of these guys have real good match-ups and real good WR's. Shaub will tear into Miami this week, letting him take this match-up. Romo will have to remember to throw to his own team and will do well against the 49ers but won’t do as well as Shaub.

Matthew Stafford vs Josh Freeman
    Stafford will have a good week against a poor Chief defense. Freeman is consistent and will do well, but will have to deal with a Vikings team looking for a little payback after last weeks thrashing. This one goes to Stafford.

Jamaal Charles vs. LeSean McCoy
    I ate crow thinking that McCoy wouldn't get as much of a work out since they had a athletic running QB. Instead McCoy had a phenomenal game. Charles should be steady and get a lot of work, but won't do near as well as McCoy will facing the Falcons. This is McCoy's slot.

Matt Forte vs Steve Smith
    Smith will have a good game against the Packers. But Forte will will have a better game against the Saints who won't hold back the run as well as they should. Forte takes this slot.

Greg Jennings vs Mike Wallace
    Jeez I don't wanna pick. They both are going to have awesome games. I will go with Wallace here. He will be nearly untouchable as I do not think the Seahawks defense will be able to keep up with him.

Brandon Pettigrew vs Owen Daniels
    Pettigrew will get a fair amount of work, but I think Jahvid Best will be the TD workhorse in this game. side with Owen Daniels because even though he didn't do hardly anything last week, him and Shaub will hook up and he should see a TD this week against the Dolphins.

Lions vs Raiders
    I think the Lions will take this one. I know the Raiders defense did great against the Broncos last week. But I like what I see with the Lions and are up against the Chiefs. They will do better than expected here.

I think Paint Huffing Warriors will scrape out a win against Winter Nom Noms this week.

Cats HateHitler vs Get to Da Choppa!

Aaron Rodgers vs Phillip Rivers
    This is a no brainer. Rodgers is going to clean up while Phillips will do well but not great against the Patriots.

Alex Smith vs Kyle Orton
    Orton is without some of his best weapons. With that Smith will be able to do well here against a flimsy Dallas pass rush. This one goes to Smith.

Felix Jones vs Maurice Jones-Drew
    I have a hard time thinking MJD will do well against the Jets run defense. But he does do well in tough situations. Jones is playing a tough 49er run defense but I think will come out on top of this match-up.
    Primarily because I think the Jets have a better defense than the 49ers.

Reggie Wayne vs Darren McFadden
    Wayne is a great WR and had an awesome game last week while his team had a dismal one. McFadden will take this slot because he too will have a great game against a defense that like to let the run slip through.

Calvin Johnson vs Miles Austin
    Battle of the injured players. If Johnson plays, he will take this slot as him and Stafford will connect often against a Bills defense. Austin is going to have a good game as well, just the 49ers will hold him up more often than not.

Dallas Clark vs Aaron Hernandez
    It is had to pick Clark over Hernandez. Which is why I won't. Hernandez should have a real good game with Brady throwing the ball where and when he wants to letting him snag this slot. Clark seems to be picking up more blocks then catches as he tries to help protect Collins.

Steelers vs Giants
    The Steelers take this one. For one reason and one reason only. They want blood after last weeks dismal game. Nothing matters about the Giants match-up. The Seahawks are on the tracks and the Steelers are going to run them down. Plain and simple.

I think this week Cats HateHitler will take this win

Team Devil Dogs vs Team D3ad

Micheal Vick vs Kevin Kolb
    I think Vick will take this one on skill alone. He is a 2 prong threat that is hard to contain. Kolb will do well but his numbers won't be on par with Vick. This is Vick's slot

Jay Cutler vs Jason Campbell
    Cutler takes this one. Campbell isn't a great (imo not even a good) QB. The Raiders will run there ass off. Cutler, even with facing the Saints should do OK as long as he doesn't get to much pressure, and even then will do better than Campbell.

Jahvid Best vs Ray Rice
    I want to start by saying that Rice was a BEAST last week. And that was against the Steelers. I think Best will have a great game playing the Chiefs. Rice is going to have another great game this week. Better than last considering he plays the Titans. This slot is Ray Rices.

Larry Fitzgerald vs Steven Jackson
    This easily goes to Fitzgerald considering it is unlikely that Jackson plays and if he does it will be severely limited.

Andre Johnson vs Roddy White
    This is a pure match-up pick. Johnson will have no competition this weekend playing the Dolphins. With that he takes this slot as Roddy White will have good coverage as he plays the Eagles.

Jimmy Graham vs Antonio Gates
    Gates is Rivers favorite target and will be what gives the Patriots defense fits. Gates takes this slot. Graham will do well but is one of many weapons for Brees to Target. Gates will be Rivers go to guy as the Patriots cover his WR's.

Texans vs Bears
    The Texans have the advantage here going up against the Dolphins. The Bears play a score happy Saints. This is a bench defense I think this week. Texans take this slot easily. Poor Henne

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Blahhhhhh, need a better team

"Gatherer"

Status
    I think you have a solid team Johnson is having a slow start this year. and that hurts