User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronarturus View Post
    Hands down the best zombie book is the Angels Were the Reapers by Alden Bell. Truly amazing. Patient Zero by Mr. Maberry is my vote for second best zombie book.
    Somebody here recommended Angels, Osiris I think, just finished it and it Was excellent.

"New Arrival"

Status
    I just finished Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory, and it was excellent. Highly recommended.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I mainly listen to audiobooks since my dyslexia messes with me when i read too much
    the one i am listen to now is Ex-Heros. by Peter Cines

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I mainly listen to audiobooks since my dyslexia messes with me when i read too much
    the one i am listen to now is Ex-Heros. by Peter Cines
    I didn't think I would get into Ex-Heroes because of the whole super heroes angle but I loved it. I turned around and picked up a copy of Ex-Patriots right after I got done with the first. I'm hoping that Ex-Communication comes out in the relatively near future. I'm running out of good zombie novels that I haven't read.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by IrishZombieKiller View Post
    So many great titles, think a recommended reading list would be a great thing to come out of this list. I loved WWZ. I liked how the stories were done. I do not think he was unfair or otherwise towards the military, I do think that should we ever have this problem that someone will attempt to fight a conventional war against an unconventional enemy, - that mistake is not new.
    The military would treat it like an outbreak... the military is trained to deal with those situations. Brooks obviously has a bit of nerd rage and just wants to paint the military as a bunch of knuckle draggers that are lost in their own doctrine and can't think outside the box. The fact that he made so many of the mistakes he did shows that he had no intrest in getting any information about how the military operates or even get the jargon right.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    RISE AGAIN by Ben Tripp... very interesting story but the ending was bit forced and flet like he added 10+ pages just to finish the book. Yet that aside the story and description was very well done.

I especially like the Zombie types and the MERC style Gov't hired private security too. Believable in many aspects and I call this one a READ
    I think the ending chapter was maybe a little to much but I really didn't mind it over all. I will say the very last sentence kind of made me mad... I let a freind borrow it and I told her to cover the last sentence with a Post-It

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345