User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    I would agree with you, besides 'sludge'. If you've ever heard that genre, you would think that it's a perfect name. Also you should give Korpiklaani a listen. Some of their lyrics are inspired straight from the Kalevala. They're the perfect band to start getting into folk metal with. Although I'm not sure how they work their electric guitars without electricity. Perhaps witchcraft, or something cool along those lines.
    Magic and the wailing spirits of the soulless. I've listened to Korpiklaani once or twice (not my first choice even back then, but what teenage boy wouldn't try to change for a pretty girl?) but I dislike the "singing" in that kind of music. Also, I rarely listen to songs for their lyrics with only a few notable exceptions. Also, since I already know my Kalevala, I'd be more interested in listening to lyrics based on Arthur and Camelot or Japanese mythology
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Magic and the wailing spirits of the soulless. I've listened to Korpiklaani once or twice (not my first choice even back then, but what teenage boy wouldn't try to change for a pretty girl?) but I dislike the "singing" in that kind of music. Also, I rarely listen to songs for their lyrics with only a few notable exceptions. Also, since I already know my Kalevala, I'd be more interested in listening to lyrics based on Arthur and Camelot or Japanese mythology
    I would love to see a guitar powered by such things. Ah, yah, me neither, except if the lyrics are very good English ones (of which I have found only a couple of bands whom I actually admire for their lyrics) or if they're in a language that is one of my favorites. So it's medieval and power metal for you then! Tır, you should definitely check out. Their singer is great.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Oh, this is very nice! Thanks Anavrin!
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Oh, this is very nice! Thanks Anavrin!
    Anytime Tyr is like that perfect blend between power, folk, and prog. They have such beautiful melodies.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: DiluteGolem882
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    Anytime Tyr is like that perfect blend between power, folk, and prog. They have such beautiful melodies.
    You might just be one of my favorite people. Tyr is an awesome band, and I've used them as a way to introduce people to metal and folk metal especially. I have a strong affinity (understatement) for Norse and Germanic things, and folk metal is a great genre. I have a hard time getting into the really heavy stuff in metal, but I'll always proudly say I'm a metalhead. After a car accident I was in last year, I went around telling people that I'm so metal, doctors have to pull metal fragments out of my eyes.

It's goofy the way the sub-genres of metal have developed, and a lot of them do feel pretty ridiculous. But to each their own, and always important to support the arts. On one of these nights when work hasn't worn me out I'll have to pitch a few bands to whoever checks this thread.

"Lurker"

Status
    Thanks for the post. They are all great but I love rap.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    i would have to say that the best type is the type created by Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, and Ozzy Osbourne between 1970 and 1974. enough said.

"Lurker"

Status
    I have also heard the same genre and it is amazing. A great piece of information as well as entertainment and check VinPit write an article for license plate lookup. They have shared the lyric also that gives a soothing and pleasant effect to our ears and provide peace.

"Lurker"

Status

"Lurker"

Status
    My fav types of metal are thrash, death and black.

A track from the new Haiduk album Diabolica [2021]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast