Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

the BIG new project

As some of you are aware, i recently aquired a Big new project. this

while, yes..we(myself, and my brothers) will do many automotive related things there. this for me will serve as an excellent "base of operations" for my "all things kustom" art house..and i wont be going all bob villa in this thread..if you want to see someone restore a gas station...go watch hgtv of something...i will be updating work on the new canvas...

taking a mural/graffiti style approach to the far wall..here's the first draft

it may take a while for me to get things done here...but i will update this as progress happens...gives me a reason to take pictures of the process, if nothing else.............todd out

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    that is really cool, if you like graffiti style art, you could open the back wall to taggers with the express notice that anything gang related, profane or vulgar will be whited out, and if tagging appears anywhere else on the building the whole thing will be stopped and the cops called. just an idea. someone built a wall specifically for that and it gives street artists a legal outlet for their medium. depending on where you live this may be a really bad idea, a can of worms type of thing, but it would be something cool and help keep some of those kids out of trouble.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I like your thinking...but.. The shop is in a town of roughly 600....not much demand

I've never been into tagging..but recently I had my eyes opened to the different possibilities of "mixed medias" with Graff work as the basis...thats where all this started...i do agree though...need to be more "legal" ways to tag...its quite the art, once you understand it

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Another fantastic idea my friend. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

We'll see bro...could be awesome...could be a terrible fail...possible updates tomorrow

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I like your thinking...but.. The shop is in a town of roughly 600....not much demand

I've never been into tagging..but recently I had my eyes opened to the different possibilities of "mixed medias" with Graff work as the basis...thats where all this started...i do agree though...need to be more "legal" ways to tag...its quite the art, once you understand it
    oh most definitely, all you have to do is walk around a city. i have seem some true works of art on the walls of buildings. and more than that, it's a way for people to make a statement, a way for them to speak their mind. some of it is just garbage, gangs pissing their territory, penis and tit jokes, etc. but some is truly inspired. like i said, i'd like to see venues where these kids could really just let their work flow, where artistry would be showcased.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I would love to see that as well....but I really must say...watching exit through the gift shop put another new perspective on the whole thing...

To me, the world is the street artist's practice space....once established...your art becomes something more than some punk kid spraying paint on a wall...unfortunately, though...thats how a majority of these artist's get their start. I'm in no way promoting "illegal" activity with my opinion..its simply a fact...

But no...this is MY workshop...for MY work..though a trainee or two could be interesting...hmm

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

so a few small updates, our cleaning efforts have been hampered by the lack of power. well, the power company finally decided to come out yesterday and i now have lights....so in addition to other cleaning and basic painting of the "office". i managed to get a coat of primer on the graff wall...it's not the color i had in mind, at all....but it's something. while i was at it, i made up a quick stencil to decide how an idea ive been working on is gonna play out...

i did this in an area that will later be covered with black, so even if i switch the stencil design (which i plan to do, lil less blocky) it will never be seen again. i must say however, i do like the layout, and the way this thing is going...for a frame of reference...the entire wall will be done...each brick getting its own atk

with any luck, the weekend will be filled with painting...as i intend to pick up a few different shades of gray for some pre-stenciling fading and shading (and the proper dim gray color)....updates when that happens..............todd out

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    what does ATK stand for? other than that it looks really cool.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

well, you asked
    ATK...or all things kustom, is more or less just the title i tend to work under when doing more of the automotive type work i do. i tend to do work all across the board, not staying within any certain genre or style, but always putting my own spin on whatever i happen to be doing...hence the title... All things......kustom

I'm not the best in the world at taking photos of my work, so those are just a few examples...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast