User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I agree with Hollomandious.
    Some concept art and sketches can help the team to still affect the listeners imagination regarding the characters and scenery, but video-storytelling would be a bummer.
    A lot of things that cause tension in audiodramas just don't work as well with video, so it'd require a lot of effort to rewrite everything.

Add to that the fact that this podcast is made by people who have jobs. The extra time required for filming and editing, getting props and decors done, lighting and make-up simply isn't available.

So again, more concept art would be great, but I can't see much good coming from a video version.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Yeah, I can't see a movie version being any better than what we have now.The real backbone of the series is its excellent writing, high-calibre acting and top-notch production values. Take those away and hand them off to someone else for, say, a movie version, and what do you have? Just a clever story idea.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    I'm against it.

Tho, i do like some visual cue's. The little sketches of the characters, and the picture of the Tower are very nice. They help shape the image in my head. I'd like more of those.
    Me too i love the sketch of the Tower probably the most

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post

The point of the audio drama is using your imagination to visual what's going on (in my opinion). The second you add visuals then it ceases to be as personal. The world needs more good drama that inspires imagination. We're Alive does that. Making it a comic book or a TV show or a movie... It would lose so much in translation, even if it stayed true to every word of the dialog.
    I agree completly. I listened to 3/4 of the released episodes b4 I even came to the website. I formed everything in my mind first then came to see how close I was.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Yeah i'm with hollo here. I am always disappointed by shows/movies that are made out of comics or books or the like. The characters are always different then I imagine them being.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree with the naysayers on this. A movie would blow it. The podcast is perfect because we actually have to start using the old gray matter again. Our ears are the filter instead of the eyes. The only thing I would say is mini clips that could possibly be inserted in the podcast. Clips of a place, or a flash of something like Samatha being dragged down the hallway ala the ending of the movie "quaritine."

"Gatherer"

Status
    If anything I'd like it to be done in the style of a CGI animated short(maybe the chapters) or an animated comic or just animation.

My best example of what I'd like is watch the Introduction video for Left 4 Dead 1, that little short is very well done.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Making it a comic book or a TV show or a movie... It would lose so much in translation, even if it stayed true to every word of the dialog.
    Your right about one thing for sure, staying true to every line of dialogue would ruin it. David Cronenberg once said, that the only way to be true to what your adapting is to betray it. Changes are necessary to make a successful adaptation. IMO I think the best way We're Alive could branch out into another medium like comics would be as a supplement to the radio drama. Imagine a comic book that was based around the Mallers or Colony that happened concurrent with the main story

"Lurker"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Walking Dead Comparison

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how the Walking Dead has transitioned from comic book to TV series. It's been popular enough to warrant a second season and it has successfully transitioned to a wider audience despite the fact it does not adhere to the exact storyline. The premise of both Walking Dead and We're Alive is similar in that both are ongoing stories of survival which does not lend itself to a movie format. Just as the Walking Dead TV series deviated from the comic book plot any retelling of We're Alive would necessarily deviate. The realities of movie production and budget would call for alterations as driven by both timeline and budget.

The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King, was rereleased in comic book form a couple years ago. The comic focuses on aspects the original series didn't explore. A comic book suplement to We're Alive would, I think, be a welcome addition and broaden the audience. It wouldn't have to reproduce the same story. Rather it could explore various sidestories like the relationship between Angel and Scratch, how Skittles' companions met their fate and how he survived, how the Mallers got together and their community's struggles, etc.

"Lurker"

Status
    I'm going to agree with most others.
    I'm not a zombie groupie...more an apocalyptic groupie.
    I love to see the way that these situations affect the "humans"..
    "We're Alive" transforms the genre by being character driven. Audio works perfectly for that.
    That's something most zombie movies seem to fail to do and the thing that makes "We're Alive" so different and unique..
    I find zombies, themselves, incredibly boring and not very appetizing to look at.
    They're not very bright, are terrible conversationalist and have repulsive table manners.
    What's so mesmerizing about that? Innards gobbling..yech!
    The only way an adaption would work for me is perhaps as a tv series that still retained it's character driven roots and not a carbon copy of every other zombie film.
    I'm afraid the powers that be would twist it into a clone of everything else.
    The media loves to make everything a carbon copy of whatever has worked in the past. Screw individuality.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast