User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

We're Alive Movie

Just started listening to the series a week or so ago and love it. The story line is incredible and just amazing. Its just my opinion, but I think the story would make a great movie/cartoon series. Im new to the forum, so I dont know if this has been brought up before. Any chance its in the works?

I realize theres been a ton of zombie movies and storys over the years, but this one is different. Dont get me wrong, I like and watch the Resident Evil series, played the games, seen other zombie movies, etc. etc. However, I think where Resident Evil fails/has flaws is that they didnt stick to the game story. The game came back out in the 90's and I thought it was awesome. Then the movie came out and they changed the story. The movie wasnt about a chopper crashing and then them scrambling to get to the mansion where the whole game takes place. Again, just my opinion, but I think it would have been better off sticking to the script. Which if there ever was a movie/cartoon series for this story, I think it would be best served if it stuck to the story as written to the letter.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I really hope that they don't make a movie/cartoon for We're Alive. It's perfect in the audio drama format. I love having the ability to listen to such an enthralling and modern story while doing... Doing what? What ever, going for walks, doing the dishes, laying in bed, riding the bus. If you turn this into video you're limiting not only the writers but the audience.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    I really hope that they don't make a movie/cartoon for We're Alive. It's perfect in the audio drama format. I love having the ability to listen to such an enthralling and modern story while doing... Doing what? What ever, going for walks, doing the dishes, laying in bed, riding the bus. If you turn this into video you're limiting not only the writers but the audience.
    I agree completley. I think that audio drama is perfect. I love the fact that you can listen to it at any stage. Myself and a mate listen to it every tuesday while working.

I also think that it would be ruined in my head, I don't know what the zombies look like, but I have an image that I like to use. It might be ruined then by what would probably not live up to my expectations.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I think what really makes it work in the end is the characters. Just like the show LOST, it was a great show, but the characters are what made us watch that show week-in and week-out.

I'd love to see kc work on something. But I'm scarred that if it does become something more than a podcast the script might get changed, and I don't like that at all. But I know KC will not let his baby get out of hand XD

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StepLaugh View Post
    I think what really makes it work in the end is the characters. Just like the show LOST, it was a great show, but the characters are what made us watch that show week-in and week-out.

I'd love to see kc work on something. But I'm scarred that if it does become something more than a podcast the script might get changed, and I don't like that at all. But I know KC will not let his baby get out of hand XD
    I have to agree big time, almost anything that's insanely good in it's original form is always changed for easiest consumption by the masses. Look how many great things have been ruined by some moron director wanting to have more explosions or completely change plots and important details. The only way I would even think it'd work for me is if KC and all of the original actors and story writers were involved and had ultimate control over how it turned out. That'd make all those awful video game movies so much more entertaining if someone who was involved in the game was involved in the movies as well.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    You would definitely have to make some serious changes to make it fit into a 90 minute or two hour movie, thats just the nature of adaptation. Thing is 20 minute installments is the only way to tell this story, theres no shortage of great zombie movies and not enough zombie podcasts I don't see a need for a We're Alive movie, maybe a comic book...

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:

A comic book would be sweet.

Now I think you could make 3 podcast episodes into a 55 min tvshow.

I know this is crazy but like how Showtime shows like dexter and weeds, their seasons are about 12 episodes or so, and you could do a season on tv per season on podcast.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

The point of the audio drama is using your imagination to visual what's going on (in my opinion). The second you add visuals then it ceases to be as personal. The world needs more good drama that inspires imagination. We're Alive does that. Making it a comic book or a TV show or a movie... It would lose so much in translation, even if it stayed true to every word of the dialog.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:

I agree with you on that.

But, if it would work out well, then KC would be able to work full time on we're alive and maybe other project.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    I'm against it.

Tho, i do like some visual cue's. The little sketches of the characters, and the picture of the Tower are very nice. They help shape the image in my head. I'd like more of those.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast