User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie League Week 1 Predictions and Breakdown

This is the Week 1 Match-ups and News

I want to start out with notable players available in our league at this time.

Rex Grossman
    Washington’s #1 QB at the moment. Do not count him out. He isn't a great player but fill a slot that needs filling right now.

Joesph Addai
    In a Manningless world of Indianapolis he could be a large help to the older and new to the offense Kerry Collins

Deon Branch
    Not the top WR in New England but one that will get a lot of looks still, at least until Ochocinco gets up to speed, then we will see.

Devery Henderson
    Not sure what his value will be when Colston comes back from injury but his value is high right now.

OK now on to moves made before the games.

Voodoo Children picked up Kerry Collins dropping Nate Burleson. A good move depending on the value of Collins. Possible back up QB and keeps him out of the hands of opponents possibly needing a warm body in the QB slot.

A trade between Voodoo Children and Team d3ad
    Team d3ad picked up Jason Campbell (low fantasy value) giving up Kenny Britt to the Voodoo Children. Britt is considered a possible sleeper this year and could be a very nice move for Voodoo Children for the pick up. Team d3ad was in a bad spot needing a QB with David Garrad cut from the Jaguars.

Paint Huff Warriors picked up Knowshon Moreno, dropping Joesph Addai. Not sure on this move. Addai should do well in the absence of Manning. Moreno has the possibility of McGahee doing the end zone work. He will get good points and is projected to do better than Addai. Not a bad move but I have my money on Addai.

On to our Match-ups

Azoic Defenders vs Team d3ad

Tom Brady
    against Kevin Kolb
    Brady should be the hands down winner here. His experience plus seemingly being unstoppable most of the time puts him in a great position to score well against Miami. Kolb, lacking as many weapons may rely on a ground game more then Brady, not gaining any fantasy point, but has a good match-up against Carolina and could produce well here.

Sam Bradford vs David Garrard
    Hands down Bradford. He is playing. Garrard is not. Bradford is going against a good defense and may limit success but some points is better than none at all.

Adrian Peterson vs Ray Rice
    Peterson should have an easier time running against San Diego than Rice against Pittsburgh. Peterson will lead this match-up.

Peyton Hillis vs Steven Jackson
    Steven Jackson is running against a stout defense in Philly. Hillis in Cincinnati will have better luck in this match-up.

Mario Manningham vs Roddy White
    Roddy White takes this one in talent and can outplay most corners. A plus for Manningham, Redskins pass defense isn't the best but it doesn't place him over White.

Jason Witten vs Antonio Gates
    Gates is probably the best TE in the league. Witten will see a lot of ball time from Romo. Witten against NYJ. Gates against the Vikings. I would says Gates has the advantage here.

Alex Henrey vs Rob Bironas
    Bironas will probably see more 3pt attempts here than Henery will placing him over Henery.

Packers vs Bears
    Packers are playing New Orleans with the possibility of the Saints putting up large numbers. The Bears play Atlanta, who will probably also put up good points over the Bears. The Bears may have the advantage here.

Prediction.... Azoic Defenders over Team d3ad.
    No QB in for Team D3ad hurts badly. Even Campbell may give him and edge but maybe not much.

Mallers Da Winna vs Paint Huffing Warriors

Eli Manning vs Matt Shaub
    Eli is playing a Redskins defense. Shaub is against the Colts. Shaub will do well here but if Manning can keep from throwing picks he will be the winner here.

Matthew Stafford vs Matt Hasselback
    Stafford, healthy, against Tampa Bay is the hands down winner here. Hasselback is going against the Jaguars who are not in there best game. Both teams have great running backs. Stafford has shown he can connect with the weapons available to him. We still have to see with Hasselback.

Rashard Mendenhall vs Jamaal Charles
    Last year Charles showed that he was a good RB. Mendenhall is a steady player who will see a lot of carries. It comes down to match-up here. Charles will be top dog here. Bills will be easier to run against than the Ravens for Mendenhall.

Santana Moss vs Matt Forte
    Let me start by saying that I typically do not like playing a WR in a WR/RB slot cause in most cases a RB will get more points than a WR. And I think this is no different. Forte will drop Moss on his proverbial head fantasy points wise. Unless Moss can come up with more than a couple TD's, Forte will outpace him in yards and a probable 2 TD's.

Mike Williams vs Greg Jennings
    Let it be no secret I am a Jennings fan. He is Rodgers #1 target and will prove it here. Williams will be Freeman's #1 target as well, but won't put up quite as nice points as I am sure Jennings will.

Greg Olsen vs Brandon Pettigrew
    Though I may not agree totally with my own thoughts here, I think Pettigrew will do better than Olsen here. I have read in multiple places how Newton will have to dump the ball of quickly and often to his TE. I am not sure he will do that. Stafford likes throwing to Pettigrew and should do well in this game.

John Kasay vs Nick Folk
    Folk will see some work in the 3pt range here as well as PAT. Kasay, will do well but I think Folk will have more work here.

Falcons vs Lions
    I think Falcons will do well here, taking the slot from the Lions. I want the Lions to do better, But I think the Falcons have this one.

Prediction....Paint Huffing Warriors over Mallers Da Winna
    PHW has 2 excellent QB's and 2 RB's in over Mallers RB and WR duo. Even with my thinking that Eli will do better than Shaub it won't be enough to place Mallers over PHW.

Voodoo Children vs Cats HateHitler

Drew Brees vs Aaron Rodgers
    I don't want to predict this one. Its going to be a shoot out. Both have awesome arms. A lot of weapons at there disposal. For this I will say Brees will come out on top. Flip of the coin really.

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Alex Smith
    I am going with Fitzpatrick here. He has a lot of potential. KC may have a good pass defense but Smith has only done so so and I expect a lot of short passes and running plays for the 49ers.

Micheal Turner vs Felix Jones
    I have read a lot on Jones and I think he is going to have a break out year. Even against a NYJ defense I think we will do better than Turner. Turner will have a good game, but Ryan has a great weapon in Roddy White stealing some of his points.

Tim Hightower vs Reggie Wayne
    I gave this a hard look. Back to my least favorite match up, but its worth looking at since it is Wayne. But given that it is Collins and not Manning throwing the ball I think Hightower will take this match-up. Wayne will get thrown to a lot but won't be enough to make up the points.

Dez Bryant vs Calvin Johnson
    Tampa will be unable to stop Johnson where as Bryant will have to deal with a very good pass defense in the NYJ. Calvin Johnson easily holds this slot.

Kellen Winslow vs Dallas Clark
    Winslow will see a good portion of work from Freeman. Collins will use Clark as a dumping ground when things get tight. For this slot, coin flip, Clark will come out ahead due to the fact I see a lot of hurrying in Collins day at QB.

Matt Bryant vs Neil Rackers
    I think Rackers will get more work in the 3pt game here putting him above Bryant.

Ravens vs Steelers
    These teams are laying each other. Both very good defenses. Add in an early Division rivalry. Going to be a great game. Steelers will come out on to defense wise here.

Predictions.....It will be close....Cats HateHitler will beat out Voodoo Children here
    This will be a close one. Running backs and quarterbacks will decide this game giving a slight advantage to Voodoo Children, but what should be a couple awesome games from few of Cats players will let him steal this fight.

Clear Sights vs Team Devil Dogs

Mark Sanchez vs Micheal Vick
    Vick will easily steal this slot. He is a multiple threat. Sanchez is a good QB but won't match up to Vicks multiple attacks ans well as weapons of DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy.

Chad Henne vs Jay Cutler
    The battle of the mediocre. Both will have tough games. I think Henne's game against the Patriots will be tougher. Jay Cutler will take this slot.

Chris Johnson vs Jahvid Best
    I think Johnson will have a great game against the Jaguars, taking this slot from Best. Jahvid will have a good game as well just not as good.

Frank Gore vs Larry Fitzgerald
    Again with this WR vs RB. But It is Fitzgerald against Carolina, making me take a good look here.
    If Gore gets the TD's like I think he will. He will have great points. But Fitzgerald takes this slot cause he will destroy whatever Carolina throws at him in coverage giving him a high scoring game.

Hakeem Nicks vs Andre Johnson
    I think Nicks will take this slot. Both should have great games. But with only 2 primary WR for Eli Manning, Nicks will get a lot of passes against a Redskins weak pass defense. Johnson will do well also, but the Colts defense will double team him like no tomorrow.

Jermichael Finley vs Josh Graham
    I would go with Finley here, but with injuries on the Saints team Graham will take this slot.

Josh Brown vs Stephen Gostkowski
    Brown will get more 3pt work, letting him take this slot. Gostkowski will get a lot of PAT. A lot of work not many point fantasy wise.

Saints vs Chargers
    The Saints have never had a strong defense letting this slot go to the Chargers who may not contain Peterson but should be able to contain any passing game the Vikings can throw at them.

Predictions...Team Devil Dogs should easily pounce on Clear Sights
    The Devil Dogs are stronger in more categories but most notable quarterbacks. This will put him above Clear Sights easily.

Winter Nom Noms vs Get To Da Choppa!

Tony Romo vs Philip Rivers
    Rivers takes this spot easily against the Vikings. Romo goes against a strong pass defense in the Meadowlands.

Josh Freeman vs Matt Ryan
    I think Freeman will have a better game here. Ryan goes against the Bears Defense and it is a close slot but Freeman will throw more where as Ryan will turn to Turner in some tight spots.

LeSean McCoy vs Maurice Jones-Drew
    Both of these RB's will have a heavy workload but I think MJD will work harder with the passing game in question there at the Jaguars, letting him steal this slot.

Ryan Matthews vs Darren McFadden
    McFadden will easily be the #1 RB in Oakland, and with Oakland having an uninspired passing game, he will take the brunt of the offensive workload, easily passing Matthews up in this slot.

Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe
    Both these match-ups will be great for both WR's. Wallace will takes this slot. Money on a 150 yard day and (count them) 2 TD's. Bowe will do well, but the KC running game will get the TD's, he will just get the mileage to the red zone for those RB's.

Owen Daniels vs Mercedes Lewis
    Lewis is a great TE, but a bad passing game mixed will a lot of running from MJD does not bode well. Daniels on the other hands is Shaub's 2nd favorite target. This one goes to Owen Daniels.

Nate Kaeding vs Jay Feely
    I think both teams will be doing more PAT's than 3pts through the uprights. Kaeding will see those uprights more often the Feely. This slot to Kaeding.

Jets vs Giants
    I think the Giants will own the Redskins defensively. Jets will do well against Dallas but won't own like the Giants will. Giants get this one.

Prediction....Get To Da Choppa! Will take this one with some great games from his players.

So this is what it will look like at the end of this weekend

Paint Huffing Warriors 1-0

Voodoo Children 0-1

Winter Nom Noms 0-1

Get To Da Choppa! 1-0

Cats HateHitler 1-0

Mallers Da Winna 0-1

Clear Sights 0-1

Azoic Defenders 1-0

Team d3ad 0-1

Team Devil Dogs 1-0

Should be a great weekend. Good Luck to everyone. Til Next week.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well Just took a look at my calls and am at 50% with 4 more to see. Some good stuff and bad stuff and a little crow to eat in the week 2 round-up.
    And it looks like I am 2-3 on my winning picks for the league match-ups between teams
    Last edited by GodofInsanity; Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Voodoo Children = BEAST MODE!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Voodoo Children = BEAST MODE!
    thats going to get old...
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TCM Revolver View Post
    thats going to get old...
    It already is old. That being said....it's probably the only week it will apply for me so I'mma just get all my shots in now.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND