User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Haters League Breakdown

OK so to start let me fill you in on what I plan on doing here. This will start with a break down of each team and the players they have and the prospects of the coming season as well as some news and rumors.

Following this up I will take a look at week 1's match-ups to see where they may go with some commentary there. The next entry you will read after week 1 will contain a look at the previous weeks head to head matches and how they fared as well as any news on major injuries, players that blew up, or players that fell down. Then we will take a look at any major moves by our league teams as well as news and rumors, ending with a look at the following weeks match-ups.

So with that lets get started. (I did this for another draft, but here I will not be putting in order of who did the best in the draft. We will just go down the line). Please note that when did this some changes happened and I will cover those in the head to head match-ups.

The Tower

Paint Huff Warriors (TCM Revolver)

I want to start with his QB's. I like all 4 of them. Shaub and Stafford will both have good seasons. Big Ben will do well but I have never felt him as a good Fantasy player. A filler for bye weeks yes. His numbers can be pretty low depending on the Pittsburgh running game. Cassel can put up good numbers but we will have to watch his match ups from week to week. If Stafford stays healthy he will have an awesome season and I feel the best Fantasy Player for this team. He has a supportive team with some good WR's and a decent running game. Shaub will put up numbers. He almost always does. And until RB Foster gets back to 100% he will have a big workload.

As for Huff's WR core, he is very strong. Holmes, Welker, Jennings are top of the line.
    All 3 will get a work out this season. As to Malcolm Floyd, we will see. With Vincent Jackson and Rivers clicking, he may not get as much play time as we would like to see.

RB's. I think we are all over the board here. If Manning is out for the season, Addai will be a workhorse for Kerry Collins. Forte doesn't have to compete with Chester Taylor so he will be a good starter. I like Charles but he can have some rough games. He will have to be watched for his match-up every week. The weak link here is Micheal Bush. He can be awesome, sometimes steady but never would be a go to starter as long as Forte and Addai are healthy.

Pettigrew is good stable TE but we will have to watch his ankle to see how that goes. Nick Folk is a damn good kicker very competent in the 25 to 49 yard range. As Detroit is a fun Defense. I think they will do well but could take a shellacking from time to time this season.

Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo)

Looking at the QB staff here I am taking a 50/50 view. 1 very strong Quarterback with a very good one. After that we have 2 that I am not sure about. Brees will produce. A must play every week possible. Fitzpatrick is a good QB and will have a strong year. Hopefully his team has given him the weapons and tools needed to produce. Jason Campbell is going to be a tough pull. His numbers are not spectacular and should be benched unless there is no other option. Kerry Collins. Hmm. Not sure here. He is 38 years old. He knows the game but I am not sure how he will do. He has an awesome sets of weapons to throw to here. He should do well and put up some decent numbers. We will have to see, as well as watch what happens with Manning. (The following morning it was confirmed that Manning will be out 3 to 4 months).

Looking at the RB's here, I like what I see. Maybe not epic runners, but steady numbers by far. Turner is an excellent runner and will perform well most weeks depending on the opposing Defense. Hightower will get a lot of work in Washington and should produce there. I personally wanna see how he does in regular season. Blount is a good pick. They say he will be sharing downs but I think over the season we will see him shoulder more of the workload. I like Fred Jackson. He will put up good numbers. My only worry is health. He has a tendency to get banged up and you are left holding the bag.

We are looking at 3 decent WR's here. Bryant will put up numbers, and will be the #1 target for Romo as long as Miles Austin is not at 100%. Harvin will get more thrown at him since Sidney Rice has gone to another team. Add he will be doing returns will pad his numbers as well. Boldin is an great WR. He will get good numbers every week. My only worry here is TD's cause they may use Rice to punch those in.

TE is between Winslow and Keller. Winslow is my pick if his knees hold out. Keller can perform but his numbers can be very sporadic. I love Baltimore's defense. They almost always do well. Kicker Bryant is a seasoned kicker and will do well.

Winter Nom Noms
    (Mrscott101)

Here we are looking at 2 QB's only. Tony Romo has a lot of talent to throw to so he will be a constant factor on any Fantasy team. Freeman is very consistent and should have good numbers throughout the season. Not having a single QB on the bench as a back up to bye weeks could be a denominator for this specific team.

For RB's I will start here with the smallest factor. Ingram is in the midst of a lot of talent and will be one of the many weapons for Brees. But even with Bush in Miami there may still be too many weapons for him to put up consistently good numbers. Starks is in a position with Green Bay to be the number 1 RB there but will split time with Grant as well as loose time to the proven arm and accuracy of Aaron Rodgers. Matthews will do well and will help Rivers keep his offense from being a throwing team only. The but here is that Rivers does have one hell of an arm and can see that being the main and most effective weapon here. Add that he will be splitting time with Tolbert puts his numbers at risk. McCoy is going to have a good season even with Vick at the helm. Vick cannot run it every time and McCoy will be the factor for mixing it up so offenses don't get used to the Vick Factor.

Wallace is going to be Big Ben's main go to weapon. Usually I would say this is bad because of the double team but this man has the talent to get ahead of the pack and catch those throws Ben will lob at him. A must play in my opinion. Green is basically a rookie unproven in the NFL regular season. He may be awesome. Any Indy WR is in question right now until we see what Collins can produce. Garcon is an excellent player and with injuries plaguing other team mates, he will get a lot of looks. Steve Smith has great talent that will be wasted this season as Cam Newton gets his bearings under NFL fire. I highly doubt he produces other than he is the best WR this floundering Carolina team has.

Owen Daniels has a great chemistry with Matthew Shaub. I think he will have a fantastic year and will be the go to TE. Cooley is a good TE and will be a decent bye week filler if his health holds out, but nothing more than that. Here we have the Jets defense and they will do well again this year. Not sure but I do think I see a Raiders Defense here. A bye week filler at the most, maybe a team to see who there opponent is and see if they have done well in recent past. Kaeding is a steady kicker that is accurate under pressure.

Get To Da Choppa! (joosbawx)

A large QB pool here with some good talent. Rivers is a must play. He will put up great numbers all season. Ryan will do well all season and produce, but you may have to watch his match-ups and switch out if need be. Orton may not be the best. But he put up great numbers last season even if he didn't cross the 4k yardage threshold. Watch his match-ups and may be a good play from time to time. I just want to say I love this name. It is so a football name. Colt McCoy. There, that is my excitement for him. Beyond that he has a lot to prove. He will do well in some situations, but should be used only as a filler player when needed.

MJD is on another team in turmoil. He is the main RB here, so I see a lot of carries and will be a primary weapon. I hope he can stay healthy with as much of a load he will be carrying. McFadden will split some time with Bush here but is the #1 RB in Oakland. He will put up good numbers and won't be a bad play. Reggie Bush is now in Miami. He is going to be a big part of this offense. I think he will do well. Only down note. His health. If it holds he will have a great season. Spiller will see some touches but as long as Fred Jackson is healthy he will not produce great numbers.

Bowe had some great games last season...and had some games where he came up empty. Truthfully he will be a weapon but watch his match-ups and make sure you do not get a big fat 0 in certain games. Austin will be dealing with an injury to start with and may plague him through the season if not given proper rest. Romo will use him but with Dez Bryant hanging around it will detract from his fantasy numbers until he is 100% healthy. Steve Johnson in Buffalo will see a lot of work but with his talent will also see a lot of double coverage. Austin will be a better play here in my opinion. Jones will see see ball time, but being a rookie will not be in as much as a fantasy owner would like and will not be Ryan’s #1 target.

Here we have Mercedes Lewis for TE. He will have a great season on a team that is in turmoil but has great hands and will come up big in tight situations. He and MJD will be this teams primary weapons. The Giants Defense is a good one to keep in and should do well in most cases. Feely should get a lot of 3 point work this year even with Kolb at the helm here.

Cats HateHitler (Mem)

Going to flip this around. Here we have Pittsburgh Defense. An awesome pick up along with Eagles Defense to use on a bye week. Strong D teams here. Polamalu is a huge factor here with Pittsburgh.

For TE's a strong selection. Clark will see a lot of work with Collins in for Manning and will see dump plays when it gets tight in the pocket for the 38 year old QB. Vernon Davis is another great weapon and will see a lot of work on the 49ers.

Wayne will be a go to for Collins. We still have to see how this match up will do but there is a lot of hope for success. But sometimes hope doesn't cut it. If these 2 cannot match-up successfully then it will be time to put in Knox. Knox isn't the greatest selection there is due to no being the #1 WR in Bears town but the hope here is that Wayne will get his numbers. I like Sidney Rice, but Tarvaris Jackson and him didn't mesh well before Farve. Remember. Rice got his numbers from the #4 more than he did from Jackson. But he will be a good play depending on injuries. Here the stand out WR is Calvin Johnson. With a healthy Matthew Stafford, expect big numbers as well as big plays.

In the world of RB's Stewart isn't a great selection. He will get a lot of touches but beyond that Williams will see most of the workload in Carolina. Danial Thomas in Miami will loose a lot of carries to Bush as long as Reggie's health hold out. Pierre Thomas will be a goal line worker in New Orleans. His points will be TD's and not yards. Felix Jones is the best pick we have here and should do very well in Dallas. A good throwing game should open up needed hole in the defense to help him out.

Rodgers will be a must play every week save for his bye. He will put up fantastic numbers and should have a great season. Alex Smith will do well but has never been a stand out QB. In the land of Fantasy Football he will have good weeks but more than likely won't be consistent.

I know I said I was flipping this around but kickers are always last. Rackers will get a lot of work in Houston and is very accurate.

The Mallers

Mallers Da Winner (COsurvivor)

Looking at QB's here I will start with Manning. He is out for 2 to 3 months minimum if I read correctly. Most likely the whole season. Right now he is dead weight on any bench unless you just have an empty slot you want to have a warm body in. Hassleback is now in Titan land. Titan land without Fisher. Hassleback isn't a bed QB but not a great pick either. But if pickings are slim then this is what you get in a world Manning is out. Eli Manning will have a good season with all of his WR's healthy (as long as none of them shoot themselves in the leg). Even with the loss of a couple weapons, his biggest problem will be to make sure he throws to the team wearing his uniform and not the opponents.

Mendenhall is a must play. He scores TD's but he still can have inconsistent fantasy scoring since Big Ben has Wallace and Hines to throw to. Beanie Wells is now a Redskin and there #1 RB. He should do well on the ground considering there throwing game could be in question week to week. In my opinion Foster should be a must start...as long as his hamstring doesn't keep him out of the game. He is a major tool on Houston’s offense and will be used a lot.

Not a very large WR core here but not a bad pick either. Santana Moss will be getting a lot of looks from his 2 battling QB's and should have good scoring weeks. Freeman will look to Williams a lot and again good scoring weeks since he will be Tampa's #1 target. Ochocinco...I hope he does well, but he has a lot of competition with Welker, Branch, and Hernandez that Brady is all familiar with. Hope again does not translate into big numbers.

Olsen at TE may not be the best choice with where he is at now. Newton is very green and he may look for his TE to bail him out often but if that translates into fantasy value then I will be surprised.

Defenses here are Falcons and Patriots. My choice would lie in the Patriots as they will be more consistent with holding down most offenses, but the Falcons could be a pick in certain situation depending on there opponent. Kasey will score a fair amount of PAT. If he sees a 3 pt attempt he should do well. Janakowski has always been a steady kicker that may be getting a bit long in the tooth.

Clear Sights (Clearsights)

Sanchez should make some good fantasy points week to week but has proven that he can be quite inconsistent. Henne is still #1 in Miami, but his own team showed little confidence in him by jockeying for a trade. He has some good weapons as well as a pair of new RB's, so we will see how he does. Just do not expect any epic points.

In the RB division here we have Chris Johnson. He will be, as usual, a workhorse for the Titans. Hopefully with a new QB in Hassleback that can translate into major points by taking some of the heat of of him. Frank Gore will also be the go to guy in San Francisco. He will put up great numbers even if his team doesn't fair well. His health is the biggest factor. DeAngelo Williams is a health risk and on a team where he will do some time share carries as well as the team being in turmoil. He will have some weeks you will wish you had him in, but more that you wish you had him benched. Green-Ellis may see some goal line touches, but is part of an large amount of weapons for Brady to use. We will have to see, but do not expect too much here.

Hakeem Nicks is a must play and will see a fair amount of work thrown his way from Eli. Austin Collie, not at 100% and on a Manningless team, will probably not show any big numbers until he is back to full steam. DeSean Jackson will be Vicks best target. A must play as well if you needed an WR. Brandon Marshall is a great WR with a mediocre QB throwing to him. The math doesn't add up well in his favor other than we should see the ball thrown in his direction a lot.

TE Finley, if healthy should have a lot of work from Rodgers who does like to use him. Miller will do well in Seattle and may be a must start. We will have to wait and see how he settles in as a Seahawk.

Saints Defense hasn't always done well, relying on Bresus to throw them to a win. Kicker Josh Brown should see a lot of work, and is a must play compared to Crosby who may spend a lot of time kicking PAT's.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity)

A QB heavy team. Brady is a must play every week save for bye week. Bradford has good weapons at his disposal and will do well, though may not have many epic games points wise. Flacco is a steady QB with good weapons, but may have to be watched week to week for match-ups. McNabb may not be the best pick, but with some good weapons at his disposal and what should amount to a good running game, he has a great possibility for a good season with an OK fantasy outlook.

Hillis will see a lot of work this season, but may end up dry for fantasy points like he did at the end of last season. Cleveland will need to improve there air attack to open up some holes for him. Peterson will see a lot of carries. If he can keep healthy, it looks to be a good season for this RB. Tolbert will share carries with Ryan Matthews but is set up to take more carries into the end zone more often. Tomlinson will be a 3rd down back seeing limited work with some end zone work. Should be played sparingly if you have no better choice.

Ward will see some ball time and will take some heat off Wallace. Will that translate into fantasy points we will have to see. Lee Evans is the Ravens new deep threat and a very good WR. If healthy expect him to do well in his new home. Manningham will see a lot of work thrown his way and will split catches with Nicks. He is a high value fantasy player.

TE Gonzalos will still be the Falcons #1 TE. Jones the rookie isn't seasoned enough to step in and steal that crown. Witten is a must start every week being one of Romo's favorite target. Expect to see a fair amount of end zone work for this TE.

Typically The Packers Defense is a must start. They do well in almost any match-up. Henry is a rookie kicker with a lot of promise and is expected to do quite well.

Team d3ad (7oddisdead)

1st, Garrard is out and has not landed anywhere yet. Even with a new team should be considered dead weight on your bench. Kolb, I think will do quire well in his new home. What will amount to a good running game and a great target in Fitzgerald makes him a must start. Campbell is almost fantasy dead weight as well...unless you already have Garrad and need a QB to fill the slot.

Grant in Green Bay isn't the best RB to have. He may see some yards but is already splitting carries with Starks and has been shown that he is not the redzone ball carrier for GB any longer. Bradshaw with the Giants will see more carries then Jacobs as long as his health can hold out. The 2 starting RB's on this fantasy team will be the must starts. Steven Jackson in St. Louis will be the #1 RB even with new acquisitions and will be a steady fantasy point gainer. Rice will see a lot of work for his small frame and will do well as usual.

Colston is out with a broken collarbone for 4 weeks minimum. Bench warmer at best. Roddy White will be Ryan’s #1 target and will be a must play every week. Lloyd will be Orton's biggest target. If he has as good of a season as last is to be seen.

Antonio Gates is a must start and may possibly be the best TE in the league. He always produces and Rivers loves him as a short range target if his WR's are all covered. Kicker Bironas should see a lot of work in the field goal department and should be a must start. Cundiff will do well but may see more PAT the Bironas.

The Bears and Chiefs both have good defense and should check match-ups to see which is best to put in from week to week.

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig)

We have Vick here and is a must start every week. With a great throwing arm and the ability to move in the pocket as well as out makes him a dangerous QB. No matter what PETA says, this man can throw. Cutler played better in the 2nd half of last season but as a QB he does not make me feel like he is am every week starter, unless you are at the bottom of the pile.

RB Lynch is unspectacular. At best he should warm your bench, not even being good trade bait. Greene with the NYJ will be the #1 RB there and should see a lot of work. Could be an must start if you have a slot for him. Best in Detroit will have a great year with Stafford healthy and a throwing game that will pull players off the line giving him the opportunity to run all over the place. A must start. Benson will have a mediocre season but will produce decent numbers for fantasy owners depending on the match-up.

Here we have a great WR core. Fitzgerald. Must start every week. Even with a bad QB last year he racked up thousand yard season. Andre Johnson who is completely in step with his QB Shaub. Will have another awesome season. Vincent Jackson, with no hold out for cash, will start out being Rivers #1 target for WR. He should do well all season. Maclin with the Eagles should do well, but expect DeSean Jackson to get more looks over the season.

Graham, a rookie TE, will do well in New Orleans. No Reggie Bush to take up the short pass and Colston out will make him a good target. Gronkowski in New England will split time with Hernandez. Do not expect anything spectacular.

The Chargers are a typical steady defense with some low points depending on match-ups. Not my 1st choice, but not horrible if there is no other choice. Kicker Gostkowski will get a lot of PAT and may not be a great point maker fantasy wise. In this department, Vinatieri may make more point due to Collins being QB in Indy.

So this is my take on the teams. Right or wrong, it is why I love this game. To look, figure who is going to do well and cheer when you are right, and go back to the drawing board when you get it wrong.
    Last edited by GodofInsanity; Sep 11th, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    I like your take on things. Good read. +1
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    Not done yet this morning

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I would ID the teams with their owners so the forum knows who is who

and I will have you know that my QB staff is not 50/50!!! It's like....1/3 good thank you very much!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Ok thats fixed thanks for the suggestion