User Tag List

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Firefly/Serenity

Potentially the greatest SciFi series I have ever seen. Captain Mal taking his crew all over the 'verse to do jobs, get paid, and keep flying. I'm making this thread to see how many of you have watched (or at least seen) the whole season and the ending movie. I'm that the series didn't run longer and I'm honestly suprised it didn't. It has a great plot, backgournd, good characters and amazing humor. This series is given so many easter egg appearances in several games (i.e. Borderlands) and other movies. I wonder what happened to make it end and hope that many of you share my enthusiasm and sadness on the unfortunatly short lived series.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    It was a great series, but Fox executives ended the show mid-season because they didn't know how to market and show off the series. They played the episodes out of order, they shifter the show dates, they didn't support advertisements, the list can go on and on. I'm just glad that we got the movie, and I am able to watch it on my HD-DVD and get full use out of that little gimmicky thing.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    They have the season on Netflix. Watched all of the episodes one day when I was sick with the flu last year.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Have the DVD and Blu-Ray collection. Watched the series a zillion times, with and without commentary, seen the movie enough times to know the lines by heart, watched all the special features on the discs (series and movie), have read the comics and am running a Serenity RPG.

Yeah, I'm a browncoat
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

I love the series and the movie. I have gotten so many of my friends to watch it since I got it on DVD that we have a whole event of it in my dorm hall...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yea, I really like the Mal character. I am a cassual fan not rabid. I cannot remember the actor's name but he did some voice work of Halo:ODST

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Yea, I really like the Mal character...I cannot remember the actor's name but he did some voice work of Halo:ODST
    He's Nathan Fillion. He is currently starring on the show "Castle" on ABC. After Firefly he did a stint on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was in an episode of LOST, did an arc on Desperate Housewives, and he was "Captain Hammer" in Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I agree. It was one of my favorites The Reaver's are the worst bad guys ever. Way scarier than zombies. Zombies don't rape you to death then make your skin into clothes . They are like Ed Gein in space with friends.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    there's really nothing more meaningfull that i can add to this except that i was super sad there wasn't more firefly. it's like the unit in its awesomeness.