User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

It's fixed now so it must have just been my connection or something like that.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I'm sure those who need to work on this are aware..im just adding this here for those us who are primarily mobile posters

Mobile from the were alive style page has posting issues (at least on windows phone7)...ive found that by switching to the mobile dark style, posting abilities have returned...the only thing I can see being overly different/causing the problem is the auto save funtion...its not on the mobile dark..perhaps that's what's affecting viewing main style pc -vs-.mobile..
    Just trying to help. I know the mobile problems are of a lesser concern right how..but at least others are now informed

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I'm sure those who need to work on this are aware..im just adding this here for those us who are primarily mobile posters

Mobile from the were alive style page has posting issues (at least on windows phone7)...ive found that by switching to the mobile dark style, posting abilities have returned...the only thing I can see being overly different/causing the problem is the auto save funtion...its not on the mobile dark..perhaps that's what's affecting viewing main style pc -vs-.mobile..
    Just trying to help. I know the mobile problems are of a lesser concern right how..but at least others are now informed
    While WP7's browser is pretty good, it still relies on a mix of IE7 and 8. I currently don't have a phone available to check it (my Omnia7 is updating) but IF the problem is the browser instead of the site, it'll probably be solved with Mango (which brings IE9, as you know).

Someone with Android and/or iOS should try to see if the problem is there, too.

Any volunteers?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I believe it is a browser issue. Compatibility with the auto save function being the biggest problem. I probably can check Android for similar pro lens tomorrow if nobody else has before me..

And yes...mango..cant wait.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Not sure if this is upgrade related or not but since the upgrade I've noticed that when the small chatbox finishes loading its never scrolled to the bottom. I've also noticed that when you scroll up to the top of the chatbox to see what you might have missed, if a new message gets posted it auto scrolls back to the bottom making it hard/impossible to catch up without going to the full chatbox or the archive.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Not sure if this is upgrade related or not but since the upgrade I've noticed that when the small chatbox finishes loading its never scrolled to the bottom. I've also noticed that when you scroll up to the top of the chatbox to see what you might have missed, if a new message gets posted it auto scrolls back to the bottom making it hard/impossible to catch up without going to the full chatbox or the archive.
    I've just noticed this too. I think it is update related, because I hadn't noticed it before.

Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    Also, about the sidebar, I think we don't have it showing anything posted in Episode Discussions, but maybe we should include Theories.
    I think that realistically the Theories section of the forum is used as a spoilers allowed section, so it might make sense to take that off the recent posts bit, and make it official that spoilers are allowed there. However, depending on your view of how major spoilers can be, it might make sense to even take the characters section off too, because I'm sure passive spoilers can come from there too.

One more thing that I think might be update related, but incredibly minor. Sometimes, when I am replying to a thread and there is no line beneath the one I am currently typing, the bottoms of some letters get cut off, like g,q and y. It makes no difference to the final outcome of the post. As I said, incredibly minor, but I just enjoy picking holes in things.

Also, when I preview a post and then continue typing, the text already in the box moves about a bit sometimes.

But seriously, those last 2 points are very minor, and I'm sure you guys have more important things to do than tweaking code to fix them.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I received an inquiry from a member who currently can't post:
    >>>> So I'm not sure if there is an actual "troubleshooting" area, but I will tell my problem to the admins. I've already told Nikvoodoo about this problem, Whenever there is a page with the new text box on it I cannot type in it. There isn't even the box that you type in, everything is the same except that the area where you write text is missing. It doesn't just not appear either, it's there for about two milliseconds before disappearing.

>>> What browser and version are you using? Is it a mobile device?
    >>> -Kc
    >>>

>> I'm using Google Chrome, the version I have is up-to-date. I have
    >> heard that mobile devices have been having issues as well, but I have
    >> only been using Google Chrome. I know it is a browser related problem
    >> because the text box shows up on Internet Explorer.

> Thanks! Just to help us out can you send the exact browser version?

13.0.782.107 m

--------------------------
    Any ideas?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

We def need to fix this "leave page" or "stay on page" problem. It keeps happening randomly...
    *UPDATE:
    I hear it has something to do with the autosave feature. If we keep having issues, I might disable it.
    Last edited by Kc; Aug 9th, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Testing out the reply box from chrome...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Another small problem I am now seeing with this posting box, is that when I type and it gets to the end of the line, if I have started typing a word, the word is split into two parts with some at the top line, and some at the start of the next line. Whereas normally the whole word would shift down onto the second line. I didn't notice this before the update, or even just after it first came out. However, I am now using Safari as IE has died for me, so maybe its just Safari that is doing it.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast