User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Burt Forum Upgraded to 4.1.5 Any problems?

This thread is intended to solve any problems encountered through the upgrade process.

1. The Wiki Main page is all txt. * Fixed.

Any others, post below...
    Last edited by Kc; Aug 3rd, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    What changes have been made?

Obviously the new reply box, the message about the redesign, and the changes to the chat box. Ooh, and I just noticed a little Auto-save pop-up when typing this.

And to address the actual point of the thread, I find the fact that the chat box now says "xxx replied to a thread" rather than naming the thread a bit annoying. I like to see if any threads that I like reading have been replied to, and with the new system I can't tell if it is some discussion about WA or a lot of discussion about a different topic that I have no interest in. However, if there is a reason for that change (and there probably is since its been changed, "if it ain't broke don't fix it") then I'm sure I can work around it happy in the knowledge that it is for a greater good.

EDIT: I just noticed that when someone commented in Chapter 24 discussion it mentioned that too. I suppose I could use that, but I don't know why it doesn't specify which section of the forum it is in for other topics.

2nd EDIT: Just noticed that what just happened is only for new threads. Could replies do this too perhaps?
    Last edited by GD_Elite; Aug 5th, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    What changes have been made?

Obviously the new reply box, the message about the redesign, and the changes to the chat box. Ooh, and I just noticed a little Auto-save pop-up when typing this.

And to address the actual point of the thread, I find the fact that the chat box now says "xxx replied to a thread" rather than naming the thread a bit annoying. I like to see if any threads that I like reading have been replied to, and with the new system I can't tell if it is some discussion about WA or a lot of discussion about a different topic that I have no interest in. However, if there is a reason for that change (and there probably is since its been changed, "if it ain't broke don't fix it") then I'm sure I can work around it happy in the knowledge that it is for a greater good.

EDIT: I just noticed that when someone commented in Chapter 24 discussion it mentioned that too. I suppose I could use that, but I don't know why it doesn't specify which section of the forum it is in for other topics.

2nd EDIT: Just noticed that what just happened is only for new threads. Could replies do this too perhaps?
    The Gatekeeper not telling the thread title in the small chatbox is to prevent the passive spoiling of WA to those that join the forum before catching up (or for those who show up to the forum and forget an episode was released). It shows up for all replies and new posts in the small chat box as User X has replied to a thread.

If you use the full chat box, Gatekeeper will still tell you exactly what the thread was. He has also been modified to acknowledge blog posts, blog comments, new wiki pages, and wiki edits in the full chatbox.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The Gatekeeper not telling the thread title in the small chatbox is to prevent the passive spoiling of WA to those that join the forum before catching up (or for those who show up to the forum and forget an episode was released). It shows up for all replies and new posts in the small chat box as User X has replied to a thread.

If you use the full chat box, Gatekeeper will still tell you exactly what the thread was. He has also been modified to acknowledge blog posts, blog comments, new wiki pages, and wiki edits in the full chatbox.
    Ok, thanks for the help. Sounds like a good idea to me, and I can still see which threads have been replied to. However, I think a bigger threat to the war on passive spoilers to new users is the recent posts sidebar on the front page. Surely spoilers can get in there quite easily. Well, I'm no expert.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Oh, and the new replies did do that, however, for some reason it broke, and then wouldn't say ANYTHING when someone responded. So I turned off that for now until I can take a closer look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    Ok, thanks for the help. Sounds like a good idea to me, and I can still see which threads have been replied to. However, I think a bigger threat to the war on passive spoilers to new users is the recent posts sidebar on the front page. Surely spoilers can get in there quite easily. Well, I'm no expert.
    Also, about the sidebar, I think we don't have it showing anything posted in Episode Discussions, but maybe we should include Theories.
    Last edited by j0be; Aug 5th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    I'm pretty sure the reply thing is fixed now.

Also, I just fixed the blog linking. When posting a new blog it links to the blog, even though at the time that the gatekeeper post is being created the blog hasn't been committed to the database yet. I'm awesome like that.
    Last edited by j0be; Aug 5th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reply thing is fixed now.

Also, I just fixed the blog linking. When posting a new blog it links to the blog, even though at the time that the gatekeeper post is being created the blog hasn't been committed to the database yet. I'm awesome like that.
    Agreed...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I just noticed today that there's something wrong with the facebook connectivity or something that is making the facebook "like" status wonky. Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 5.02.05 PM.jpg

It looks like the entire area facebook normally takes up has just kinda....asploded (below the thread title)
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I just noticed today that there's something wrong with the facebook connectivity or something that is making the facebook "like" status wonky. Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 5.02.05 PM.jpg

It looks like the entire area facebook normally takes up has just kinda....asploded (below the thread title)

Wow, this is actually the first time I've noticed that button.... I don't have that problem, but I've had similar problems on this site when I accidentally turned compatibility view on. It made a lot of things bigger and threw everything off of alignment. Is that your problem? I don't know, but it's a possible solution.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    It's not that big of a deal and it fixes itself as soon as I click the link but the little icon for the site occasionally switches to the vbulletin icon. And it's only in my favourites menu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast