User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    "Lurker"

Status

In reality I sere this season unfolding as two separate main storylines. one for chopper, one for those left behind.

The comparisons to LOST are pretty accurate when describing the story telling methods of WA, tho we haven't really seen a flashback yet. Lost was always good at breaking up the story into smaller character stories..

Burt, Angel and the gang are all injured, so expect them to be out of the action for awhile. I just hour it isn't as long as Saul this past season. I almost quit listening because of it. Like Saul, Burt and to a lesser degree Angel are the strongest, and even most humorous characters in the series. Let's face it, Michael, Riley and Pegs are the whiners of the series. Datu too.

But, they'll be out of the action for awhile. Michael and the chopper crew have no reason in hell to suspect anybody survived, much less a single reason to risk going back.

I expect them to face some kind of mechanical difficulty, but to reach Ft Irwin by midseason at LATEST. There I'm expecting the natives to prove difficult. The fact that in the entirety of season two they never once visited the new home they fought so hard to reach spells big surprises/difficulties when they finally reach it. I can actually see it being a Day of the Dead scenario where the military is in charge. Michael may even be treated as a deserter, altho I doubt it.

My question is where exactly were they evacuating the populace to? I doubt it'd be Irwin.

The colony will without a doubt return in some way by the third quarter of the season. I'd love to see them go head to head with the Mallers. If not for the serious loses the Mallers have suffered, I'd suspect the colony was their intended target.

Speaking of the Mallers, what happened to Scratch's boss? I forget, to be honest.

That's all for now...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkattheend View Post
    In reality I sere this season unfolding as two separate main storylines. one for chopper, one for those left behind.

The comparisons to LOST are pretty accurate when describing the story telling methods of WA, tho we haven't really seen a flashback yet. Lost was always good at breaking up the story into smaller character stories...
    Technically, the whole story is told in flashback. It starts with Michael writing in a journal and we see him pick up a journal for the first time in the story in chapter uh....*coughs something incoherent to divert attention away from not knowing that factoid*

And Durai is somewhere down South and is still in charge of the Mallers despite Scratch's recent extra curricular activities at the Tower.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

I think that in any zombie apocalypse, time is the most important factor for survival. Zombies are decaying, dead humans. So take in account the elements that would accelerate decomposition, and eventual lack of "nurishment" from healthy humans, and eventually the problem will take care of itself. Then the real test become surviving in a new world with no order. Nature just hit the reset button, and that is what I believe the driving force of the next season is going to be.

"Lurker"

Status

Durai, Scar and the possibility of revolt

I think perhaps we will see more character development with Durai. My thinking is that since Liz is a therapist, she will be using her expertise to sow the seeds of dissension with in the ranks of the Mallers, and combine this with the slaves to lead a revolt against the bad of the bad in the Mallers, as well as those within the Colony ultimately. Someone with an antisocial personality would be handy to have around in a post-apocalyptic or zombified situation. Just look at what he did when they were sprung from the pokey and he got them squared at the mall. They have the ability to scheme, get around things, exploit situations, hot wire cars (Angel?) break into things, survive with a prison mentality, etc...So although Durai went about things the wrong way by trying to TAKE the Tower by intimidation rather than a different approach, he did say he was a "fair man" when the Mallers attempted to gain access to the Tower. I believe Scratch was more instrumental in things getting out of control in that situation. A more level-headed person wouldn't destroy the place they covet. They also wouldn't try to shoot down a helicopter that possibly could help them in the future! (I have theories about Kalani and his journals, but I digress) Perhaps Durai really did intend to try to hole-up at the Tower, albeit maybe try to be in charge there. Also, he was unaware of Scratch's plan fueled by her personal vendetta to decimate the tower the second time. Ultimately it is Durai who is in charge of the Mallers at this juncture. I see Durai as being the prisoner-who-metes-out-prison-style-justice-quiet-leader-feared-and-awed-by-the-other-prisoners-left-alone-by-prison-staff-guy. Although given that the Mallers have been taking slaves, this guy is no Robin Hood, but I see his character having more redeemable qualities than Scratch.
    The dynamics of Durai's co-leadership relationship with scar are probably strained and she is a monster that he cannot afford to just get rid of because of her underlings, so he must keep her close in order to keep her in some sort of check. Much like the dynamics between Marcus and the Gatekeeper. Scratch is too vindictive and angry, so I don't think she has it in her to be anything but The Bad Guy in this story. I have no idea what her motivation is in regards to Liz, but I have a hard time thinking it's a sista thang. If the timeline works, I think perhaps the Mallers are on their way to the Colony, since they have different and better radios and most likely picked up on the transmissions that have been sent out sporadically by the old chap at the Colony. Maybe Durai and the Marcus faction at the Colony had been communicating, and he believes he and Marcus are going to join forces, as their leadership styles are similar. Durai let the Tower go, but wants to try again at the Colony. Durai got the convoy organized and moving out, but Scratch has after party plans...Perhaps since the takeover, Durai has been lead to believe that Marcus is still in charge, and their plan still in effect, but shady Scratch and the Gatekeeper have been in communication on the DL, (like her side project at the Tower sending Pippen in), and she is in cahoots with him to make it a larger domain for she and he to rule. Perhaps both Marcus and Durai are victims of a plot that was hatched between Scratch and the Gatekeeper to start a new regime like Hitler and Goebbels! Durai would then be jailed (again - oh the irony!) and thrown in with Marcus who didn't die in the fight when the Gatekeeper took over. These two both most likely have sympathizers within their respective groups, and will work with them in the plan to revolt against the Gatekeeper and Scratch and start over (But with these two, could a democracy ever be established? They'll still have problems with people being unhappy with the forced-labor thing, so they really would need to do some things differently, to say the least). Liz, and her Jedi mind tricks will play a major part in the coup.
    I think perhaps Michael and crew will make it to the fort, which will now be under civilian militia control, and when they arrive, the peeps at the fort and his crew will compare knowledge and piece together more of what exactly happened to start this whole thing, and discover some zombie weaknesses. Maybe Michael's ego and the militia leader's ego will be a proverbial sword fight and this power struggle would lead Michael and his crew back to the Colony just in time for the revolt.
    Saul and Victor will use their street smarts to stay alive and find a way to communicate with those in the Colony, eventually infiltrating the Colony. Victors prior experience there and Angels hinted at past with scar will aid them with the coup. Burt of course in the fray.
    That's all I will attempt to predict, because this story is way too good, and I am most likely wrong in all this supposition anyway! I can't imagine how the writer is going to tackle the biters, jumpers, runners, behemoths, who this tattoo freak is and what the hell was going on in the hospital psych ward, in the arena, and on and on! I wish this podcast was on every week of the year. I just discovered it and was glued to my computer listening to it these last three days!
    Last edited by Boadicea; Oct 6th, 2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: wrong name

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    What if the military had secured Fort Irwin off the bat and started sending out a helicopter to LA to pick up survivors. The Liberty Park evacuation site from the Colony might have been originally air-lifting survivors to Fort Irwin, since their destination is still unclear. We also know at some point the air-lifting just stopped. What if something happened to their helicopter along the way. The Jolly Green Giant helicopter was found, grounded, at LAX after what looked like "one Hell of a fire fight". Regular fuel runs to LAX and noisy landings would have been a prime opportunity for an ambush.

Can you imagine the response at Fort Irwin if a helicopter believed to be lost finally returns, albeit with a different crew?

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiphobe View Post
    Can you imagine the response at Fort Irwin if a helicopter believed to be lost finally returns, albeit with a different crew?
    I hope that happens. It would be awesome!
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Poloroids Season 3 Countdown! T-Minus 10 Days!

The time is almost here that we get to find out what happened to the tower and its resisdents after the collapse! Only 10 more days until to start of season 3. I just felt like opening this thread to get everybodys opinion on what you might expect in the first chapter of season 3.

Myself, I believe that we will re-hear the tower collapse from Saul and Victors point of view on the ground. Having them explain what they saw. And maybe them seeing Burt fall and going to save him.

Anyways only time will tell.

10 Days to go!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Merging this with one of the already existing prediction of the first chapter of season 3 threads.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"New Arrival"

Status
    My prediction is that Scratch will find Angel and turn him against the Tower. This will give her cause to break from Duari and form her own group.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: IGfanatic
    In the next episode here is my prediction, because we heard a zombie growl and a gunshot, we can only assume there are zombies in Fort Irwin. Now here is my theory, maybe someone with an infection got in the base because an inspection wasn't thorough enough, then the person turned inside the base and now the base is over run. Just a theory.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345