Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
by you're logic the tower folks were also fully justified in all their actions. in fact you can't say that anyones actions are wrong because they all fall under the rubric of "doing what one must to survive" so the reality is you have a bias against the tower people.
1. Did I say anyone's actions were wrong? No. I said they were doing what they to in order to survive or to protect what is theirs. I honestly don't believe that either side was wrong. I believe both sides were acting as they had to in order to make the best of their respective situations. So yes, by that logic the Residents were justified in their actions when defending their home. Just as the Mallers were justified in protecting what was theirs. If you stop for one minute and say 'If the Mallers tried to take what belonged to the tower and got mashed, then the tower was justified in its actions' you must also admit that the Mallers were equally within their rights to try and protect what they had claimed as theirs. Doing otherwise completely contradicts your own edict. Thanks for pointing out your fallacy. The reality is that YOU have a bias with regard to the story and that sides firmly with the Residents being the just side. I'm open to both sides of the coin. Pay attention there's a test later.

now that's fine but don't try to pass it off as saying that you are logical and i am not when your own statements violate the very tenants of your philosophy.
2. See point 1 and argue accordingly.

unfortunately you also seem to have a very twisted view of human nature as i for one and most people i know for two don't line up with your human nature. the people who do line up with that view tend to be criminals, and the exact same people who make up the mallers.
3. My view of human nature is based entirely off what I see on a daily basis in my city, province and country as well as across the globe [Mr. I Think They're Evil And Should Be Executed... prove me more right with every word you type]. Welcome to reality, human nature is to take. We are greedy by design. We are the only creature on the planet that kills for FUN. We kill for pleasure. Is it sinking in yet? Do I need to draw you a pretty picture? You don't watch the news? You never bothered to pay attention to the wars being waged across the globe? The atrocities being committed across huge sections of Africa, China, The Middle East? Christ, throw a fucking rock and you'll hit someone who has committed some sort of crime. Ever pick up a newspaper or history book? I'm afraid they would disagree with your philosophy. It is NOT shared by the majority of the planet I'm afraid. If it were there would be far, FAR less crime. This is not rocket science, this is common sense as well as common knowledge. Think of how your own view of reality is distorted through the lens of the story line. You're seeing a single perspective of a dire situation and you're trying to transpose your reality on top of that. Are you absolutely positive that every Maller is a criminal? That they are all deserving of capital punishment? You can say with absolutely certainty that each one of them should be executed? You're going to pass that judgment on people whom you have no frame of reference towards with the exception of the recollections of past events through one set of eyes?

Remember that this story is in fact being told in the past-tense. Consider that the victors are the ones who write the history books. Now, that being known (and it is fact) consider for a moment the spin YOU would put on your story. Would you tell your story from the side of an aggressive, greedy, manipulative group of warmongers? Or would you choose to paint yourself in the light of what is just and morally acceptable? The greater good.

Also, thanks for calling me a criminal, having no basis whatsoever to do so. I'll keep that in mind when you open your mouth next and perhaps I will return in kind. Backpedal. I'll wait patiently for you to do so.