User Tag List

New encounter anyone?

I was thinking, nothing is ever easy for our band of survivors so I think they will be flying to Irwin all high giving and stuff and bam a flying zombie. Any body think something along those lines will happen?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Now, that's just ludicrous.

J/K. Nope. Hadn't thought of that. How about a mid-flight alien abduction with a side of anal probing? ...As long as we're goin' crazy.
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

"Scavenger"

Status
    But is it really crazy? Massive zombies, ones that jump from roof to roof fallers ones that catch arrows, is a flying one that crazy

"Fresh Meat"

Status

PSN ID: killerbeardhawk Steam ID: eaaccount420
    All i can think of when i heard that was Gremlins 2. I really hope i dont hear a zombie with wings.

If Ink stole one of the helicopters is the only time i would be ok with a "flying" zombie.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jul 23rd, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: NSFW tag added, just in case

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

While we are obviously in the realm of sci-fi and anything is possible, I'd find it hard to accept a flying zombie in this story. Mainly because all the special ones we've seen are modified humans. It's amping up the abilities that humans have (jumping, strength, speed etc), but we obviously can't fly, nor are our bodies equipped to handle flight.

And since I don't buy into the "building zombies" theory, I don't think there's a way to make it happen.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Screw that. I didn't get Zombie Sharks back in "over the air waves," so why should you all get Zombie Birds.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I highly dought the flying zombie theory. But if they do exsist then pretty much any place is not safe..

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    But is it really crazy? Massive zombies, ones that jump from roof to roof fallers ones that catch arrows, is a flying one that crazy
    Like Nik said, those are all human traits that have been turned up to eleven. Flying requires whole other set of muscles and stuff, probably hollow bones as well, and wings. Those are things that humans simply don't have and weren't meant to have (damnit!).

And now to play the other side

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    While we are obviously in the realm of sci-fi and anything is possible, I'd find it hard to accept a flying zombie in this story. Mainly because all the special ones we've seen are modified humans. It's amping up the abilities that humans have (jumping, strength, speed etc), but we obviously can't fly, nor are our bodies equipped to handle flight.

And since I don't buy into the "building zombies" theory, I don't think there's a way to make it happen.
    There's really not that much difference between "creating" a behemoth (however they are made) and "creating" a flying zombie. The same virus/scientist/McGuffin that causes the growth in the muscles, bones, organs etc. in the Behemoths could arguably cause the bones to hollow in the flying ones, shrivel unnecessary parts of their anatomy (heh heh...) and cause leathery "wings" to grow between their arms and torso.

Now, with all that being said, I don't think that there are going to be flying zombies, that's be ridiculous. But even so, I wouldn't put it past KC
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending