User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Evil Dead Remake

I was determined to hate the idea of this until something popped up on my radar this afternoon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_898091.html

It would appear as though the mind behind Juno is set to pen the rewrite of what I can only assume will be a surprisingly good film. Update for children of today? Sure. What the hell... I mean they're remaking everything else, why not a classic that is too often overlooked as an semi-important, mildly-influential film. If Bruce and Sam are both on board with it... I'll hop on the wagon as well.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Well if nothing else it sounds like Bruce supports Diablo's effort to write the script. That gives me a happy.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Well if nothing else it sounds like Bruce supports Diablo's effort to write the script. That gives me a happy.
    I'm bordering on excited at the thought of her writing the script (or at least re-writing). I really liked Juno.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Didn't she also write Jennifer's Body? *BARF*

..I'd hit it though. :P
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I'd watch it. I loved all 3 of the movies. Going to be hard to see Ash played by anyone other than Mr Campbell though.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    I am so very very very sick and tired of the remakes. Why don't we remake No Time for Sergeants and cast Larry The Cable Guy in Andy Griffiths role? Hell, it's been long enough, let's remake The Shawshank Redemption and cast Daniel Radcliffe as Andy Dufresne. Or how about a reboot of Tron with.... oh, somebody did that already, huh?
    It's enough to make me puke. There are good writers with new ideas out there. Aren't there? What is the deal?
    It doesn't matter what famous, "talented", cutting edge writer, director or studio wants to remake a film. It just shouldn't happen.
    What made a movie good was a culmination of the writing, the acting, the directing, and the mood of the public at it's release or discovery in the case of some "cult classics". There is no need to re-hash the hashed.
    I WILL admit that there are a couple of remakes that I enjoy... The Fly and Scarface. But, I saw them as a kid and they were the first version of the movies that I saw.
    -Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Tandem25; Jul 20th, 2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: oops. Typo.
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandem25 View Post
    I am so very very very sick and tired of the remakes. Why don't we remake No Time for Sergeants and cast Larry The Cable Guy in Andy Griffiths role? Hell, it's been long enough, let's remake The Shawshank Redemption and cast Daniel Radcliffe as Andy Dufresne. Or how about a reboot of Tron with.... oh, somebody did that already, huh?
    It's enough to make me puke. There are good writers with new ideas out there. Aren't there? What is the deal?
    It doesn't matter what famous, "talented", cutting edge writer, director or studio wants to remake a film. It just shouldn't happen.
    What made a movie good was a culmination of the writing, the acting, the directing, and the mood of the public at it's release or discovery in the case of some "cult classics". There is no need to re-hash the hashed.
    I WILL admit that there are a couple of remakes that I enjoy... The Fly and Scarface. But, I saw them as a kid and they were the first version of the movies that I saw.
    -Just my two cents.
    Well I was actually watching a documentary about this the other day and some interviews with the Directors/Writers explained why. Basically anymore, the executives of the big companies don't even want to hear an original idea anymore unless it's something that already has some ground. If it's not a popular book, comic book, remake, they won't even hear you out. They only want to make money and that's why most of the really good movies these days are done independently with small budgets.

It's sad that's it's become such a money hungry industry, but unless people change what they want to see, it won't happen. Someone has to find a way to take a stand and change the way the ball is rolling.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tandem25 View Post
    -Just my two cents.
    Tron: Legacy was a sequel, not a remake or reboot. A reboot would be telling the same story (i.e. rehashing an origin story a la Batman Begins) slightly updated to entice a new generation, so in that respect, no. Nobody did that with Tron. Evil Dead II was essentially a remake of the first... so...

I think there is definitely a blurring of the proverbial lines when it comes to where the differences between the remake and the reboot lie. Really it becomes an argument of semantics and not really worth exploring. You're either with it or you're not.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    Well I was actually watching a documentary about this the other day and some interviews with the Directors/Writers explained why. Basically anymore, the executives of the big companies don't even want to hear an original idea anymore unless it's something that already has some ground. If it's not a popular book, comic book, remake, they won't even hear you out. They only want to make money and that's why most of the really good movies these days are done independently with small budgets.

It's sad that's it's become such a money hungry industry, but unless people change what they want to see, it won't happen. Someone has to find a way to take a stand and change the way the ball is rolling.
    Sounds familiar. From what I understand that's the direction Kevin Smith is taking now.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Boo to remakes!

They better stay the fuck away from The Princess Bride.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast