"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Boo to remakes!

They better stay the fuck away from The Princess Bride.
    i think Graham Norton is going to play Princess Buttercup.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    Well I was actually watching a documentary about this the other day and some interviews with the Directors/Writers explained why. Basically anymore, the executives of the big companies don't even want to hear an original idea anymore unless it's something that already has some ground. If it's not a popular book, comic book, remake, they won't even hear you out. They only want to make money and that's why most of the really good movies these days are done independently with small budgets.

It's sad that's it's become such a money hungry industry, but unless people change what they want to see, it won't happen. Someone has to find a way to take a stand and change the way the ball is rolling.
    Totally agree, Christopher Nolan had to make 2 extremely successful Batman Movies just so he can get his chance to make Inception.

You know warner bros. Would've never given him the chance if his Batman was a flop.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Truthfully I am all for remakes. Don't get me wrong. When I see something like The Thing or Footloose or another Spiderman, I cant my head sideways like a mutt and quizzcally look at my screen. But then usually I shrug and say cool, hope it works. Sometimes it does (Batman 1989 and Batman Begins) and sometimes it doesn't (12 Angry Men '57 vs '97). I mean movies have been remade since movies came to life taking ideas from the stage. All I ask in the end that when they come across something as iconic as say The Thing, that they take the time to do a script really well, put good money behind it, and do a job that honors the original idea.

"Gatherer"

Status
    NONONONONONONONONO!!!
    Sweet, jumpin' Jesus on a flying, effing, MOUNTAIN BIKE!!! Can't Hollywood LEAVE THE CLASSIC MOVIES ALONE and work on NEW MATERIAL???
    (Like say, the cinematic adaptation of We're Alive? Are you listening Mr. DeMille???)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12