Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
Last season, chapter 12 was really tense and exciting. The best way to do that is to put characters at risk. And there is no better way to emphasise that there is a serious threat to the characters by having some deaths.

This season, we have had one named/important character death (Pippin) . If we don't see any soon, it could end up that threats will become less interesting, and we'll just see threats like the mallers and the zombies, as less significant.

I think that an obligatory cast cull won't be noticed if the scene is made exciting enough. There are only 4 seasons planned, so if a couple of characters die here, a couple next time, and then literally anything could happen when it all ends. As long as we can find some new, interesting characters along the way to keep us interested, then think it could work.

Thats what I think anyway.
I hear you, but this most recent chapter is a case in point, was it any less exciting, less tense, were the threats taken any less seriously because nobody died? I know loads of people were expecting at least Burt or Angel to get snuffed.

I don't think people dying make threats more ominous, they just punctuate the story. I'm not saying don't kill anyone off, I'm just saying, don't always kill off the main characters at the end of the season. It's a bit cliché. Do it mid season when it's more of a shock and totally unexpected.