User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    Last season, chapter 12 was really tense and exciting. The best way to do that is to put characters at risk. And there is no better way to emphasise that there is a serious threat to the characters by having some deaths.

This season, we have had one named/important character death (Pippin) . If we don't see any soon, it could end up that threats will become less interesting, and we'll just see threats like the mallers and the zombies, as less significant.

I think that an obligatory cast cull won't be noticed if the scene is made exciting enough. There are only 4 seasons planned, so if a couple of characters die here, a couple next time, and then literally anything could happen when it all ends. As long as we can find some new, interesting characters along the way to keep us interested, then think it could work.

Thats what I think anyway.
    I hear you, but this most recent chapter is a case in point, was it any less exciting, less tense, were the threats taken any less seriously because nobody died? I know loads of people were expecting at least Burt or Angel to get snuffed.

I don't think people dying make threats more ominous, they just punctuate the story. I'm not saying don't kill anyone off, I'm just saying, don't always kill off the main characters at the end of the season. It's a bit cliché. Do it mid season when it's more of a shock and totally unexpected.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
    I thought 2014 was the last season? I could be completely wrong but I think that would make it 5 seasons then? I'm sure this will be corrected by the forum group.
    On the http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showt...k him yourself thread, post 25, KC says he has four seasons planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebogs View Post
    I hear you, but this most recent chapter is a case in point, was it any less exciting, less tense, were the threats taken any less seriously because nobody died? I know loads of people were expecting at least Burt or Angel to get snuffed.

I don't think people dying make threats more ominous, they just punctuate the story. I'm not saying don't kill anyone off, I'm just saying, don't always kill off the main characters at the end of the season. It's a bit cliché. Do it mid season when it's more of a shock and totally unexpected.
    I see your mid season point, but mid season has been and gone. Sure, maybe finale deaths are a bit cliché, but sometimes thats not a bad thing. You know that anything could happen in season finales, and for me thats the exciting bit of it. I think that its the build up that makes it so great. If a main character died when just one random zombie ran up and got them it would feel cheap.

But maybe I'm crazy and just like seeing characters killed off.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Because of your post bvglee, I've not been able to get the Airwolf theme tune out of my head.
    So much so that due to me singing it all the time, it's infected my family and my wife and kids are humming it too. Bearing in mind my kids are too young to even know what the hell Airwolf is!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Character death prediction: Skittles

Maybe not this chapter but I can see him sacrificing himself.

"Lurker"

Status
    I think the Pinstriped guy is modifying his 'army of zombies'. and remember the "little ones" how there was a 5 tattooed on the arm and its nails filed down. Also, I think he is gathering more humans in order to build this army. (Remember how Michael and that killed the zombie that was dragging the unconcious Tanya).

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930