User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea for KC

"Scavenger"

Status

An idea for KC

OK, everyone knows that most gun stores will be cleaned out of ammo & guns with any apocalypse. However, the one group of items which seems to be overlooked nearly every time is reloading supplies. There is a gun shop owner who should have been the first to point this out. Guns & ammo are great, but eventually that runs out. What then? I'm hoping that someone in the story thinks of reloading supplies soon. It would give the tower survivors a definite advantage. Don't forget to have them "policing" their brass if you get them reloading because that's the one thing that is reusable.

Feel free to use this idea in any way, shape or form that you desire. It was something that was bugging me recently about zombie stories. I just thought that it might make for a more well rounded story.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    what are reloading supplies?
    Angel's #1 Fan

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Reloading supplies are places you can purchase the makings for ammunition ...brass, powder ..etc..nice idea
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jul 11th, 2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: the hammar

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Burt should know about them, as he owned a gun shop. I guess it should've appeared sooner on the show because of that, but who knows.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    They'd have to find some pretty specific equipment but Burt would probably know where to look

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    It's not just about finding the equipment, which is very specific, you have to have the training. The average shooter isn't going to know squat about grains, ammo types or what ammo works best.

This is more for the Idaho militia, end of the world believing, AK47 Bambi hunting, Super NRA membership having, Grizzly Adams types.
    It's a good idea in theory but any time they're shooting in this world it's a fight or flight situation. That doesn't leave a lot of time to police your rounds.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, it is not quiite as out there as Crowbar puts it. A lot of people that shoot a lot reload their own. My brother shoots more than 4 rounds (4x25shots) of skeet / trap a week. He loads his own. Saves $$. I am sure there would be several supply houses in the greater LA area. But, that is about as far back as one can go. today's "gunpowder" is not the same as yesterday's gunpowder and it cannot be made with a little sulfur, black carbon, saltpeter.

I grew up reloading even though I am not a Idaho militia, end of the world believing, AK47 Bambi hunting, Super NRA membership having, Grizzly Adams types. I never lived in Idaho and I am not a fan of the AK. The Ak is for an insurgent or conscript. I am a trained marksman. 8 )

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Well, it is not quiite as out there as Crowbar puts it. A lot of people that shoot a lot reload their own. My brother shoots more than 4 rounds (4x25shots) of skeet / trap a week. He loads his own. Saves $$. I am sure there would be several supply houses in the greater LA area. But, that is about as far back as one can go. today's "gunpowder" is not the same as yesterday's gunpowder and it cannot be made with a little sulfur, black carbon, saltpeter.

I grew up reloading even though I am not a Idaho militia, end of the world believing, AK47 Bambi hunting, Super NRA membership having, Grizzly Adams types. I never lived in Idaho and I am not a fan of the AK. The Ak is for an insurgent or conscript. I am a trained marksman. 8 )
    LOL.. despite all that, you still need to be trained to do it and have specific equipment. It's good for static shooting, but how many troops in war have you heard reload? This is essentially the same thing.. you're at war.
    I'm sorry about the AK 47 comment, I should have said AR15 bambi hunting...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Thanks for the idea I considered this, but I don't want to get into too many details about it---- *Goes and hides in cave...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Thanks for the idea I considered this, but I don't want to get into too many details about it---- *Goes and hides in cave...
    So, does that end this thread then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast