User Tag List

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer

Anyone else love Blu-Rays!!!

Pretty simple topic, just wondering if you guys are as into Blu-Rays as I am. I've got a pretty large (at least I think so) collection going, I've got about 120 movies, and that counts boxed sets as one movie.

My favorite part of my collection is actually the boxed sets...I'm a sucker for all the extras and fancy packaging. As far as they go I own the Band of Brothers, The Pacific, the Alien Anthology, the Bourne Trilogy, Shrek : The Whole Story, the X-Men Trilogy and my newest addition, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I can't stand physical media. Gotta stash them somewhere, gotta find one specific disc to watch a certain movie, can't quickly flick trough movies, and then there's those unskipable commercials and such. Add to that they're rather fragile...

The only upside is instant watching - downloading a full movie in 1080p takes a shocking ... Oh wait. It takes less than 30 minutes. Nevermind.
    And as storage is freakin' cheap nowadays (€60/2TB = €60/700 movies or so) that is no issue either.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    I can't stand physical media. Gotta stash them somewhere, gotta find one specific disc to watch a certain movie, can't quickly flick trough movies, and then there's those unskipable commercials and such. Add to that they're rather fragile...

The only upside is instant watching - downloading a full movie in 1080p takes a shocking ... Oh wait. It takes less than 30 minutes. Nevermind.
    you're spoiled :P haha
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283

And as storage is freakin' cheap nowadays (€60/2TB = €60/700 movies or so) that is no issue either.
    I guess I'm just the opposite. I like having the physical copies of movies. I like having all my movies arranged in case to peruse at my leisure. For that same reason I just can't get into the idea of digital readers like the Kindle or Nook. I like having physical books. It also fulfills my obsessive need to arrange things LOL.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer

To each his own I guess, I know it's not expensive or time consuming to download 1080p movies, but I prefer to have to something I can hold and look at....call me old-fashioned.