Thread: Story.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries

Story.

I faked left, went right. I've seen an opening, I take it. One gets in my way. I lower my shoulder, he's on the ground. As I make my escape, my instinct takes over. The alley to the left? No good, they've swarmed it already. Straight? Its clear but, for how long? I can't risk it. I rush to the right. Luck must be on my side today, its clear. I find some time to finally open my journal, I write "To anyone who finds this, please know, these ones are different somehow... Faster... More intelligent..."

These days, Most likely weeks, have gone by so quickly. Every night, I lose my sense of time. At least these damn things are good for something. They keep me alert and awake with their incessant banging. I may not be able to hold up here much longer, they know where I am, I need supplies and I fear the worst for my family. I miss Shay, my buds George and Howie, my Mom, I just can't think of her name... Why?

Some of the smarter ones have started tearing the door off of my shack but I found another hideout in an apartment with strangely, another journal, its seems that they were a scientist.

This is the latest entry, "I was able to fend them off with my pistol and I was able to get a finger from one of them to further my research in hopes of finding a biological weapon to erase these scum from the face of the Earth. I document my findings so far. They seem to be compelled to feed of off living tissue. The chromosomes, x- only, for I have only been able to collect a male sample, from an earlier specimen seem to be what has caused the mutation. I have no idea how this is possible. Further testing is needed. I'm so sorry..."

I'm glad I took that fucker's rifle now.

It had to have been a goddamn joke... That rifle was a BB gun. Shows what I know about weapons. As I walk towards my old shack to try and recover some supplies, it was eerily quiet. The door slowly creaks open as I push it with my foot. Empty, my place was raided. After a string of curses, I silence myself. I quickly grab my bat which I had left on the floor awaiting the barrage of enemies that should be approaching. But, nothing, just empty streets. I laugh at the irony. Suddenly, I hear an engine start up. Lights from out of nowhere, screams of enjoyment. The tires squeal as the truck speeds in my direction...

I ran for my life down the street. Looking for an open door. Hoping for an open door. Fuck it, I smash a window, jump inside narrowly dodging a bullet as it whizzed by. The truck sped forward, the smell of burnt rubber in the air as they cut a sharp left circling for an alleyway. A loud smash from the right, crazy fucks must have crashed right into the building. I do not have much time. I ready myself for the coming assault by finding a dark corner and tightening my grip on the bat. I see one carrying a rifle, it looks to be custom-made, I let him pass for now. There can't be more than two. As I see a second flashlight, I try to steady my breath, trying to keep calm before I launch my attack. The recoil hurts my arms as my bat connects with her head. Slowly, she left out a soft sigh and her last seconds ticked away. I pick up her pistol and put it in the small of my back. Moving back into my corner, I yell a small scream. Predictably, the other one comes running, rifle raised. The second recoil hurts as much as the first and third.

When I awaken some time later, soaked in blood. After I vomit from the horrendous smell, I move to retrieve the rifle. While looting the corpse, I find a black Desert Eagle with a silver etching on one side. I unlock the door to my apartment, moving inside with haste. As I inspect the custom rifle, I notice that it is quite unusual, having an 8-shot revolving cylinder. The bullets on the other hand are the same as the Deagle's. I just hit the jackpot.

...I can feel my ligaments being torn out of my wrists by his teeth. The tendons in my shoulder pulling deeper in my skull as her slim fingers rip them from my body. Four hands reaching into my stomach, removing my intestines. My skin burns as they retract their hands and drip stomach acid on to my chest. But...

... It doesn't hurt. I feel... almost... tranquil... as my life slips from my fingers...

I wake up with blood running from my nose. I clean it up quite quickly, using tissue paper to plug my nose to slow the bleeding. In the bathroom, I look at my self in the mirror fully realizing what I had done the previous night. Murdered two possible uninfected. Two humans beings. Then, I start to remember the dream. Flashes of my death as played out by my subconscious. No fear, No pain, only... serenity. Tranquility in death.

Walking slowly, down the street, avoiding the seemingly slow moving zombies, with little effort, I am given some time to think. My past is nothing note-worthy, my future.. Pfft, What future? I shall not think of the future, considering that there really is nothing to look forward to. I am alone, lost in hell.

Its been awhile since the last time I had been able to think. My brain's been rattled after seeing waves and waves of those things, I feel my mind slipping away, slowly, as the days pass. Loneliness is a terrible thing...

I walk past a small pond, full of bloated bodies. Tree surround both sides of the road, my pockets rattle, full of bullets, and needing only one kind, I'm thankful for those crazies. I have a small backpack made of denim, says "Wrangler," but I removed the "W" and added an "S" and a "T," a "Strangler," backpack. Its these kind of thoughts that let me move past the smell, the sights. Rural Mississippi, making my way towards the Pacific, I have quite awhile to go. I have to find a vehicle.

Its early in the day, I'm jogging down a dirt road, I spot a break in the trees. A small roadway leading up to a large church, "A relic of times past," I quietly say to myself. Blackness. "Wake up, come on honey, wake up," A soft voice I've not heard in quite a while. "Shay?" My voice is barely a whisper, my eyelids are heavy, my head throbs. "You have to wake up, you're late for..." Her voice trails off as my eyes open. I wake, still in the middle of the road, the coppery taste of metal in my mouth. As I regain consciousness I become aware of my surroundings. Tears well in my eyes as I'm ripped from my Heaven.

I choose to take refuge in the church for the night, there's no need to risk it. Crosses, pews, a confession booth, it all seems really normal. "Hello?" There's a quiet rumbling to left, no, to the right. A guttural growl quickly escalates to a large roar. "Really, a fucking wolf?!" It all plays out quite slowly as I raise my rifle and steady my breath when it starts it's charge. When it's face hit the moonlight I noticed half of the cheek was missing and the eyes were milky white. I hesitated, another slams into my shoulder before I pull the trigger. I roll, facing up, its already above me. Only my rifle separates me from him, as slobber sprays my cheeks. The teeth are gnarled and crooked, many are missing. Using my legs, I kick out sending it back a few feet allowing me to regain my footing. I'm ready to shoot but, I notice three more wolves, one has a broken leg, but all have bullet wounds, have appeared, a god damned pack of z-wolves. I guess this virus or whatever it is doesn't miss a chance for evolution. The bullet wounds tell me that I need to run, I doubt I can hit five heads in a row. I turn around, hopping over the pews with my tail between my legs. I grab my pack and head for the nearest confession booth. I barely close the door before two loud smacks hit the wood. The rifle is too big to aim effectively in the booth. Have to use the Deagle. I raise it while holding onto the door. 'Click,' "No! Fuck me!" I check the clip, its full, I forgot to cock it. Three more loud smacks, small cracks form in the wood. I empty the whole clip into the door. One loud squeal and the sound similar to a sack of meat hitting the ground. Two more smacks, the wood is extremely weak, one more ought to do it. "So much for taking my chances in the night," I let out a sigh and ready my rifle. The pattering of their feet heightens my fear. I run out screaming and drop the first two I see. Three more shots into one, its done. The last charges, I finish the cylinder. It doesn't go down. The force of its hind legs on my chest is all I remember when I awoke the following morning.

4 wolf carcasses, decaying, rotting, and the stench is nothing new but, still nauseating. After a full check I notice that I'm too damn lucky, the last didn't take a chunk out of me. It's body is nowhere to be found, no blood, no trail, it just disappeared. My muscles are sore, and my mind is foggy as to what really happened last night. I should be dead or err... undead. The sun stings my eyes as I open the church doors, pack in hand. "I guess its just another new day."
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    How I survived this long is a mystery to me. My mind is weary and I'm tired. I still need a fucking vehicle. Abandoned cars are not quite as a rarity as a few miles back, no keys and gas caps are opened, so I guess no gas as well. Houses all around, no people. I'm getting used to the silence. A scream emanates from a large red house on my left. Three gun shots and the door bursts open.

A red-haired chick and a black dude. Contrary to what I thought, it was the chick who had a pistol, shooting rounds back into the doorway, the look of terror on his face was priceless, I don't even understand why it seemed funny. Maybe it was because he was a heavier-set man, just running for his life, reminds me of some movies. Black dude always dies first, kind of racist. It was funny until another survivor was thrown out of the second level window, followed by a really tall something which jumped another 10 feet up.

"Oh Shit," I whispered under my breath as the thing dove straight towards the chick, taking her down relentlessly, another jump after the guy. I raise my weapon and burst.

The jumper was on his back, crushing his torso, shredding his back. My god, it was so fast. It dodged my first three shots, as if it was anticipating my moves. It wasn't so lucky with the fourth shot as it caught his thigh. Its screech was like nothing I've heard before, but, that did not deter my actions. BLAM. One to the stomach. BLAM, BLAM. Two to the chest, it was still squirming as I lifted my barrel to his temple. He tried to swipe my gun away, it didn't work. His last sad whimper plucked at my heart strings as I pulled the trigger.

As I checked the woman for vital signs, I hear a moan to my left. I react quickly, drawing my pistol. It was only the man, his back was torn to the spine but, he was holding on.

"Run..." Was his last word as the breath left his body for the last time.

The last look of fear on his face would haunt my dreams for the coming nights.

The doorway of the house burst open, splintered wood smacked my arms and face even at 25 yards. Body parts hit the area around me. Hands, feet, legs... It was like nothing I had seen before. All of the parts were decaying, the house must have been filled with them. The heat was immense, I have no idea what they used to cause the blast but, I could tell them that it didn't work.

Three extremely large things came bursting out of the rubble, maybe they took out one of them but, it still didn't matter.

'I need to leave now.' ran through my head, over and over again, getting louder and louder until it was impossible to ignore. I left in an extreme haste, my legs outrunning my body, tripping me up a little and slowing my pace. I knew my gun was going to do little against their bodies and fleeing was my only option but, to where? The smaller surrounding houses would do nothing to stop their combined might, the cars were most likely broken down and fuel-less. I need to choose and quick...

I run for the first car I see, smash the window and fly through the door. They're already on top of me, they smash the door repeatedly. The car moves about ten feet after every hit, one of them grabs the broken window, aiming to rip it right off. The second is smashing the hood, he rips it off, exposing the engine. I can't see the third. I gain clear thought long enough to open the other door, diving out towards the ground. Sprinting towards a house, I fortunate enough to escape them for now. I immediately head upstairs, refill my rifle and cock my pistol. Catching my breath takes some time, you think running this much would have improved my cardio.

I hear loud footsteps circling the house, loud sniffing sounds emanate from an open window. A guttural growl follows soon after. My heart rate increases dramatically, I start to panic.

"Did they find me, how'd they see where I went...?" Scrolls through my mind and out of my mouth through a whisper.

CRASH!

The car I had taken refuge in, flies through the front top room of the house. My ears ring from the noise. Tripping as I scramble to my feet, looking for a place to hide. I barely think my choice through as I open the closet door, stuffing myself inside. After a few minutes I begin to hear loud footsteps again, loud smashes can be heard in the distance. I hold my breath in as it felt to be my last.

They're right outside the room. Their weight is shown as their footsteps shake the floor beneath my feet. I close my eyes and attempt to slow my heart rate, to gain some composure, to... clear my mind...

I can hear their labored breath as they stand outside the door. There's no escape for me... Its either fight or die. I check my surroundings, a small closet, nothing out of the ordinary in here. Its just... small. I'm ready to fight for my survival, I ready my rifle.

"Come on, Head shots... Head shots." As I slowly turn the doorknob, my heart is pounding.

SMASH!

The door slams in. I hit the wall and my eyelids slowly lower themselves...

HONK!

A car's horn is set off right in front of the house and gun shots sound far off as I slump back into the closet and let myself lose consciousness.

I awake on a cot in what looks to be an abandoned warehouse. There are metal shelves with emptied boxes strewn about and ripped open. Plastic packaging lays everywhere... I pick one up,

"Wagon wheels? Damn would have been nice to get here earlier."

"Then I would have had to shoot you."

An ambient voice relays all around me. Its gruff and loud. It is at that point which I notice my wounds are bandaged but my legs are shackled...

There's a solemn light above my head, it is stationary. As for the rest of the warehouse, there is a small amount of natural light protruding from a single window high above the ground. The smell is actually quite pleasant, lavender. Weird. The source of the voice is nowhere to be seen, but I feel as though they're stalking me. I can feel their eyes watching my every move. Even the slightest of movements sends the chain rattling and echoing throughout the area.

'BANG' A smash to the side produces a rather excruciatingly loud sound.

"Fuck. Looks like they still have your scent. I figured as much."

'BANG'

This only heightens my fear. "What the hell were those things?" I spurt out as I try to remove the clasp of the shackles.

'BANG'

"They are... Well, they're coming for you." Are the last words he says as I hear a door shut.

'SMASH'
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Apr 10th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Its Back! 10000 characters this time, awesome!

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Another part, it is what I have added! Hope you enjoy.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Glad to see it made the changeover. I swear it looks a lot bigger than it used to, you must have added new stuff. Still good. Still fresh. Still want more...

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Just a small part for today.

Enjoy!

"Smart One"

Status
    Well done, dude! :-) Interesting frenetic pacing.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    That was wonderful. Will there be more?

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Eventually, just been a little busy lately, I apologize.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    An even smaller piece than Last time! Its becoming habit... I need inspiration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast