User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    100% Agree with both of you...the thing I wonder is, have any of these pro blanket arrow combo people ever used a compound bow?..i can assure you that the arrow would go approx....ten feet..hell, I'll do the experiment this weekend if need be
    Make a video of it if you do!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Aye,...it might be Ahab doin it though...should be interesting ..

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Britt, you did not have your number be 37! It can't be! I thought I was free!

It involves a series of strange coincidences that started about three, almost four years ago. The number 37 keeps popping up, more than it should!!

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    100% Agree with both of you...the thing I wonder is, have any of these pro blanket arrow combo people ever used a compound bow?..i can assure you that the arrow would go approx....ten feet..hell, I'll do the experiment this weekend if need be
    Oh please put it on the tubes of you!

Also, Pikepaw, I feel for you. The number 42 keeps cropping up in my life. In books I read, movies of those books, radio series, forums, towels...
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Y'know, I have no good reason to believe this, but I have an inkling that the remote thing Burt was working on, along with the randomly mentioned C4 will come into play here. Maybe I watch too many action movies, but C4 and a hospital full of glass windows, in a hospital shaped like a cross, with a helicopter, full of zombies just says fiery explosions followed by a rain of glass and girders to me. Probably a leap onto a helicopter, too, just for the sake of being classic and not needing to endanger any live stunt people. )

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Loved this week's podcast! Also, Thanks for the shout out, Britt!
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Jim Gleason Blooper... I think he purposely did that. He definitely couldn't have done that by mistake.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    Jim Gleason Blooper... I think he purposely did that. He definitely couldn't have done that by mistake.
    Sure he could have. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had actors reading out of a script in a rehearsal say the wrong thing because their eyes scanned further onto their script page than they planned and saw a word and they commit that to short term memory by mistake. Following a script page isn't necessarily as simple as it sounds. People get lost all the time.

When reading for anything not being done in front of a live audience, actors don't memorize things. They scan it so they know what they are about to say, but they won't memorize it like they would for a theater performance or even a movie/tv show. They just have a solid idea of where it's going and what is about to be said. I bet if you were to ask the cast of We're Alive to immediately reenact chapter 17, they wouldn't be able to do it because they wouldn't memorize the work.

And I've also seen actors completely say the wrong line in performances and they never even know they did it until they are told following the performance. Including in the middle of iconic Shakespearean passages (ie. St. Crispin's Day in Henry V) that actors study for years and years.

I'd give this a 100% legit in my opinion.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Sure he could have. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had actors reading out of a script in a rehearsal say the wrong thing because their eyes scanned further onto their script page than they planned and saw a word and they commit that to short term memory by mistake. Following a script page isn't necessarily as simple as it sounds. People get lost all the time.

When reading for anything not being done in front of a live audience, actors don't memorize things. They scan it so they know what they are about to say, but they won't memorize it like they would for a theater performance or even a movie/tv show. They just have a solid idea of where it's going and what is about to be said. I bet if you were to ask the cast of We're Alive to immediately reenact chapter 17, they wouldn't be able to do it because they wouldn't memorize the work.

And I've also seen actors completely say the wrong line in performances and they never even know they did it until they are told following the performance. Including in the middle of iconic Shakespearean passages (ie. St. Crispin's Day in Henry V) that actors study for years and years.

I'd give this a 100% legit in my opinion.
    Having seen (and indeed committed) quite a number of these faux pas in my time, even seasoned actors can completely butcher a line. For this kind of script (and style), I'd say the major issue would be reading ahead. Fairly certain that's what we're looking at.
    Could be wrong. Maybe his brain melted. We'll never know (until we are told).
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    At least it wasn't a Freudian slip.
    A Freudian slip is where you say one thing but mean your mother.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast