User Tag List

Thread: Escape Cain

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Escape Cain

So, we do not really have a lot to go on. This an older hospital. It may not have been updated with a modern suppression system. There might be multiple fire hoses on each floor allowing some "rope". Hospitals have patient elevators, but I have seen service elevators. This may allow escape shafts. It was said that the subsections form a stairway from ground to the ten floor. It is a lot easier to get down half a floor or a full floor ten times than it is to go down ten floors at once.

But most importantly, we would have to hope the zombies play kiddy soccer, where everyone runs to the ball. If the zombies build a defense in depth or a good siege we are pretty much SOL.

Like I said well before chapter 23. If they are dumb enough to assault the hospital on the ground, they only way they can get out is a holywood stunt.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Arthur, the hospital I work for is 40 years old and going on what you have posted and my knowledge of my own hospital. Our guys are going to have a very bad time getting out of it. Bring on the Hollywood stunts. I hope they don't try exiting from a lower level such as the basement. Most hospitals I have frequented either as a patient or employee have rat mazes for basements. To many places in a basement level of a hospital to hide and or get trapped in or get lost.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I'm trying to get and idea of the layout of this Hospital as Burt described it. It sounded like the lowest "tiers" of the place were ten stories tall and "stair-stepped" up from there toward the center. If that's true then going down the outside become next to impossible.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    The way I understood it, their are ten stories. I would assume in a stairstep tier pattern being two floors each. If kalani and angel were on the eighth floor at the time when the zoms arrived, then we should be able to assume they are at least at the eighth at the end of the chapter.

This would give them two floors to climb to get to the chopper(why is Arnold in my head right now?...) anyways...we know burt has been working on the remote control explosive project. And our group is I'm sure armed for only a "small" army. Could they not set a remote bomb in the room they are in,fight their way back to the stairs leading up then blow the bomb. Giving them enough time to at the least make it to the roof?...from there Hollywood stunt team can take over..

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I'm guessing that Cain General was inspired, at least in part, by the LA County/USC General Hospital in downtown LA. What really sells it is the aerial view, note the cross shape of the central structure (disregard the second cross section). The clincher, LA/USC opened a new, state of the art rooftop heliport last year (too new to show on these images).

Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Jun 27th, 2011 at 01:14 AM.