User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

"I want hour long episodes and more often"

I normally don't get to read the reviews from the UK iTunes page, but I found this one:

Gripping but losing pace *** out of *****

by Scrotbag Gripping is, or was, the only way to describe this. I listened to the first 16 chapters non stop during a few days of long journeys in the car. I was gutted when i finished them, so I just listened to them again!

However, since then I've gone to being drip fed one 15-20 min episode (2 mins of which are credits) every couple of weeks and I'm struggling to maintain the same level of enthusiasm. Plus at this pace there's some characters who's voices I've not heard in almost 2 months which I know is going to start making the story difficult to follow!

The episodes need to be at least an hour long or need to be released more frequently or people are going to start losing interest. (I'm a massive fan of the zombie genre and of We're Alive so if I can lose interest, anybody can!)

Please please please guys, make this podcast great again!

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    yes KC, work harder!!!! Its not like you've devoted yourself to this or anything, jeesh we all expect you to do better.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I'm just amused. I can't fathom the amount of time it would take to put it out that often.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Of course we (fans) are always going to want more, but I think that's the beauty of it; we crave more and so we stick with the podcast, waiting for our crack fix! ^o^

Seriously, I think you all do a choice job with the show. I cherish those 15-20 minutes and appreciate the time and effort behind it. Plus, I also feel that an episode a week, with a two week break between chapters is awesome. Leviathan Chronicles was being cranked out at an unpredictable rate. So I REALLY appreciate you all putting the episodes up when you say you are going to. It's so cherry chezzer. 8D
    There is no spoon. - Neo

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    I don't think the majority of fans know that working on We're Alive isn't a paid gig (YET! dundunduunn). With the production value being absolutely ahhhh-mazing, it's hard to believe it's something done during one's free time. I've seen this gripe before from others, but as soon as I explain the dealio to 'em a little light bulb goes off.

But what gets my panties in a bundle is when they give two-star reviews because of it.

Sillyheads.
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Lol. "(I'm a massive fan of the zombie genre and of We're Alive so if I can lose interest, anybody can!)" This guy is just an impatient prick and I'm glad that we won't be classified together. He is a fool.

The short episodes have never bothered me. If I want to listen for longer, I'll just relisten to old episodes. And I can handle the cliff hangers. Paolini has kept me waiting for three years for the sequel to Brisingr, and that was a hell of a cliffhanger. The 1-2 weeks here is nothing.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    What I want to know is where are these people getting the impression that the show updates irregularly? We get a ~20 minute episode every week with a one week break between chapters. Hell this show is more reliable than network TV!
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I understand what he says and for the first week of listening to episodes, I joined at the start of season 2, and then suddenly having to wait a week for a small amount of story it was hard, but I stuck it out and eventually I've gotten use to the regular release of 20ish minute episodes. So if the prick can't stick it out then he doesn't deserve to be listening to this gold.
    EDIT: AND not only should he listen to WA, but to help him get through the week, he should listen to the always interesting WND. they generally have regular weekly shows.... I'm still waiting Britt.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I've been listening since chapter 2 part 3. Now, either I'm batshit crazy or there's no way in hell anyone can lose interest in this story and not be an insatiable prick.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    I understand what he says and for the first week of listening to episodes, I joined at the start of season 2, and then suddenly having to wait a week for a small amount of story it was hard, but I stuck it out and eventually I've gotten use to the regular release of 20ish minute episodes.
    I totally agree, I joined close to the second season and after a WA-fest of the first season in a couple of days, the agonising cold turkey of a week was hard to bare.

But I got over it.

In fact, as I'm a fairly moderately intelligent person, I realised that the first 20 or so hours I had listened to was 'catch up' and from then on I've been on the edge of my seat with everyone else.
    This guy must have gotten too used to watching shitty TV dramas that are on every day. Muppet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast