User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which should be considered the official We're Alive Canon?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Podcasts

19 76.00%
  • Cd Box Sets

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Which should we consider canon?

Now that I've cracked the binding on my season 1 box set and immediately noticed differences in dialogue the thought came to me: which should be considered the official canon of We're Alive?

Everyone has access to the podcast, but as of now only 500 people have the box set. I realize more are coming shortly, but those will be different still. So, my dear forum members, which should be considered the official tale of We're Alive? The podcasts, or the cd sets?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    For those of us who haven't bought a box set, could you please put some examples of what is different? Is it major or minor?
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    For those of us who haven't bought a box set, could you please put some examples of what is different? Is it major or minor?
    Yeah, I'm wondering that myself. Are there differences in facts, or is it just clarifying language?
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Mostly minor things have been brought up. Like Lizzy's eye color that will be corrected in the upcoming release in July (at least I think it is), the start time of the outbreak....basically things brought up in the loopholes and consistency thread that could be corrected by the re-editing and rerelease

The only real reason I bring it up is that the cd sets get a second pass at them for editing and content and things can end up being corrected. So while technically more accurate to the vision Kc and Co. want, it's not the first interaction people have with the series.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I think the cannon is the corrected versions. But maybe we have a thread somewhere that has the differences, so that people can see what was updated. This might be a good thing for each chapter page on the Wiki, "Updates".
    Even some of the downloaded Podcasts are now updated, for example the change of Skittles' voice actor, there are some still out there, but the update is considered correct.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Scavenger"

Status
    depends would these box sets be available in all countries?

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Man View Post
    depends would these box sets be available in all countries?
    The old ones were through the We're Alive store but were shipping from the US (sold out now). The new ones have an offical distributor and can now be sold locally in each country if some one pics them up. Also through the new distributor you can pay to download all of the updated digital versions as well.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I'm going with podcasts because canon, in my opinion, should be what is available to the masses. Like all the additional endings you can get on a DVD, doesn't make it the actual ending the movie was released with (hence the canonical ending of the film).

I think the cd sets equal out to extras on a DVD (though still amazingly awesome). And unless there is some really big discrepancy between the podcast and the CD sets where the CD set is obviously correct, I think the podcast trumps it because it's the original release and available to more people.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    I disagree. The podcasts are Wrong. There are contradictions in it, which makes it wrong. I don't really see how there is room for debate on this matter. It's a shame that they arent all the same, but this can be fixed by having a page on the wiki, that says what changes have been made between the two so that people who don't have access to the box set can see the changes.

And this is coming from someone without the box set.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Here's the perfect example of why there can be a debate about it: which version of Blade Runner is canon? There have been 8 different versions of that film and there are people who stand by different Itterations as the definitive canonical telling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast