User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    And why were Michael angel and Saul the only ones showing up too the base?
    They we're just lucky to make it there. If that group of 7 in 1.1 hadn't decided to go for the honker, Michael could have easily been one of the ones who didn't show up as well.

And we know that others did show up. Well, at least 1 other. Let me refresh your memory w/ a quote,

"did you really have to run over the commander!"
    "he was in the way..."
    "you swerved to hit him!"
    "Saul quit f**king around!"

Others were called, they we're just the lucky 3 who made it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Yea sorry I saw that and thought it was the funniest shit

"Scavenger"

Status
    But just 3 hard to believe but okay

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Let me clear this up for you guys. First off, someone left out the two other military forces. The USAF has an active duty base downtown LA called LA Air Force Base. You have Edwards, Beale, Travis and Vandenburg all in Cali. The other thing is the USCG.
    Each base has procedures for evacutations and for mass casualties. The command centers are manned 24/7 by highly trained troops. They aren't going to go out into any town. They'd hold up on base. The assest on base take priority of anything else.

The National Guard is in charge of disaster response, now one else.

When an emergency kicks off, you have what is called a Telephone Recall. That's what you heard at the start of the show with Mike and crew.
    The call is issued from the top down. The commander calls his subordinates like Angel, Angel calls Mike, Mike calls Saul. You keep going until you have 100% accountability.
    We don't know the size of the reserve unit but you can guess that most didn't make it and the others ignored the recall. You have to take into consideration the distance you have to travel to get to your unit as well. You aren't just going to be next door. You're assigned to the nearest unit and that's all. People could have lived out west or hundreds of miles away. Remember, they only have to come in One weekend a month.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    By the way.. Nik.. I know there's a thread where we covered all this, but I couldn't find it either. Joint is buried somewhere.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    By the way.. Nik.. I know there's a thread where we covered all this, but I couldn't find it either. Joint is buried somewhere.
    Similar thread, but not exactly the same. The thread you're probably thinking of is this one here: Where are the police? But the scope of the ideas is just different enough I let it slide. I realize they are both asking where are the authority figures, but its on different levels since police is local, and military/government is a much larger scale.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status

Let me clear this up for you guys. First off, someone left out the two other military forces. The USAF has an active duty base downtown LA called LA Air Force Base. You have Edwards, Beale, Travis and Vandenburg all in Cali. The other thing is the USCG.
    Each base has procedures for evacutations and for mass casualties. The command centers are manned 24/7 by highly trained troops. They aren't going to go out into any town. They'd hold up on base. The assest on base take priority of anything else.

The National Guard is in charge of disaster response, now one else.

When an emergency kicks off, you have what is called a Telephone Recall. That's what you heard at the start of the show with Mike and crew.
    The call is issued from the top down. The commander calls his subordinates like Angel, Angel calls Mike, Mike calls Saul. You keep going until you have 100% accountability.
    We don't know the size of the reserve unit but you can guess that most didn't make it and the others ignored the recall. You have to take into consideration the distance you have to travel to get to your unit as well. You aren't just going to be next door. You're assigned to the nearest unit and that's all. People could have lived out west or hundreds of miles away. Remember, they only have to come in One weekend a month.
    Damnit you beat me to it CrwBar!

A couple things though:
    Ft. Irwin would be a great "Green Zone" Because it is in the middle of nowhere. With a rapidly replicating and highly infectious epidemic you would want to have the collection point as far away from population centers as you can get. You would want to have a quarintine the infected/not-turned and speed the non-infected to a safe and secure location such as a Military Base in the middle of the desert. Long story short, The govt. will take you to the safe haven and more than likely shoot you if you are trying to get there on your own.
    For something like this the National Guard (NG) would be the first responders from the Military. This would be the individual State Govenors calling up their respective forces and responding as they see fit. In the WA universe, with a rapidly spreading outbreak you can expect large casualties to these guys since they'd be responding half blind with little to no information as to the nature of the outbreak. Some units will be assuming a simple epidemic like H1N1 and respond with little to no lethal means of defense. Some units will respond with the thoughts of a riot and will be waiting in their Armories for ammo from state storage facilities (Stockpiles of Ammo and whatnot are held in hevily secured areas away from population centers and therfore away from the Armories), these units would likely be quickly overrun or suffer large groups of soldiers that "slip away" in a scenario like in WA. When my unit was deployed for security operations in LA after Katrina it took the better part of a 24 hour cycle from the first phone calls to response (in this case leaving on a plane) and we were the first out of state unit to respond to New Orleans.

After these losses of the National Guard you could expect a national State of Emergency and Martial Law to be enforced. In this step, and only after this step, the use of Active Duty Military and Regular Army (RA) would be allowed through federal law and the Posse Comitatus Act (spelling?). Here you could expect a more focused response since the Govt. and Military would have had a few days to digest exatly what is hapening, any surviving NG units or members would be federalised and placed under Federal orders and Reserve forces would be called up as well. The Military could be expected to enfore quarentine zones and establish roadblocks stopping all traffic from infected areas. Only when these areas are secured and evacuation areas are set up would you see rescue/humanitarian operations being conducted in the infected zones.

At this point in the WA Story if there is a functional Govt. or Military left they might be fortified and using the rockies as a barrier, or even further east and using the Mississsippi/Missouri river as a barrier and attempting to hold back the outbreak.

Short answer of: Where is the Govt./Military? If alive they are responding slowly and methodicaly as expected.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Leedo,

I beat you because I fly and you run to your targets! ROFL!

Now for part II of the story:

In the KCverse, we can imagine that old Arnold was at the gov's mansion getting his freak on with the help, when all of a sudden his security team burst in while he's on the back stroke.
    "Sir! We have go!" Outside you hear shots fired over and over when all of a sudden one of the team turns and jumps the Terminator!
    One govenor down. No call to the NG for muster. Chaos ensues then spreads. All you have is the local authorities to respond until the government corrects itself.
    They

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    In the KCverse, we can imagine that old Arnold was at the gov's mansion getting his freak on with the help, when all of a sudden his security team burst in while he's on the back stroke.
    "Sir! We have go!" Outside you hear shots fired over and over when all of a sudden one of the team turns and jumps the Terminator!
    One govenor down. No call to the NG for muster. Chaos ensues then spreads. All you have is the local authorities to respond until the government corrects itself.
    They
    That's ridiculous. The Oak would tear that zedhead in twain and say "Keep your act together" before lighting a cigar and taking out his minigun
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Luna,

Did you just call my story stuuuupid? grrrrrrrrr The man was on the UP stroke remember?? LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast