User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Michael Military and Government

Sorry nik or jobe or whoever has to fix these. But I could find anything dedicated to the military

Where the hell is the military. Why are the only military personnel we've seen is Michael angle and Saul? Should there be other units actively serving. Oh and in dates words of datu where are there tanks and shit. There should be roaming military unless they are somewhere where all military is together. This leads me to believe that there is still some sort government left (like a fallout 3 scenario).

But that's just me any one else got any thoughts

Again sorry if you have to move this

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I believe that all of the military (who made it) are in one location. At the beginning, if Michael, Angel, and Saul's commander would of survived and made it too them, he would of let them know where they should go. (Prob the evac site at the airport.) And that evac site was probaly picking up all the military and civilians that it could until it got overran. And once it got over ran they just gave up that area and took everyone that they could to the main location, whereever that is. It might not be anywhere close to where the party is now.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Or maybe just maybe they get lucky and they are all at fort Irwin. But I find it hard to believe that Michael angle and Saul were the only soldiers called

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Yeah, I'm definitely thinking most of the military was called in to run the evac. stations at LAX, the Colony, and probably other places. Michael, Angel and Saul just never got the message because they're the only ones who made it to their base.
    And now I'm wondering where those evac. stations were sending people to. I wonder if we might not stumble across a "safe zone" at some point and find out its been overrun and is now a bloodbath like Saul and Burt found at LAX only larger. Maybe that's what they'll find at Fort Irwin.
    There are probably pockets of military left though. Possibly along with some scientists or doctors who have knowledge about what caused the outbreak.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    You have to bear in mind that the US Military is spread pretty thinly around the country. Most of the Regular Army is based in the South and the Plains States; the only Regular Army force of any significance in California is at Fort Irwin. The Marines have two major ground force bases in SoCal (Camp Pendelton and 29 Palms), with the rest of their land forces on the East Coast. The Navy has bases all up and down the East and Gulf Coast, but on the West Coast they're huge in San Diego and Puget Sound, with very little in-between.

The Reserve Forces are more broadly distributed, with thousands of little reserve and national guard bases scattered around the country, like the one that Michael, Angel and Saul started at in Bell. These bases have only skeleton staffing when the Reservists/Guardsmen aren't training, and it takes hours, or even days to call everyone in during a "normal" emergency, and we saw how poorly that system worked in the zombie apocalypse.

Given the events we know about in We’re Alive I figure that one of three things is happening with the military.

1. The Southern California outbreak is the only one.

The only places we know, definitively, that have suffered zombie outbreaks are Los Angeles and San Diego. If these were the only ones the United States had to contend with we’d probably see military assets directed to contain the outbreak, with orders to go on the offensive and “liberate” the contaminated zones once more information and reinforcements were forthcoming. I imagine hordes of zombies battling entrenched armored forces, holding the passes between the LA Basin and the Mojave Desert, the Central Valley and the Coastal Plain—which might explain why we see so few zombies on the streets of LA. The big downside to this idea, there should be military aircraft all over the LA area bombing and doing recon work.

2. There were many outbreaks around the country, but they occurred in clusters.

If most, or all of the major urban areas around the country were hit at the same time you could expect to see them overrun just like Los Angeles was. The military would quickly be reduced to its major bases in isolated areas and those Reserve forces that can be drawn from areas that weren’t initially targets. At a minimum the military would be practicing severe “economy of force”, trying to hold key communications nodes (passes, air and sea ports, etc.) attempting to establish large “safe areas” for refugees, and building up forces for eventual counter-attacks to take back territory lost to the zombies. It’s easy to imagine that LA would be low on the priority list for re-conquest, which would explain the total absence of outside military forces.

3. There were outbreaks everywhere.

This is the doomsday scenario. What military forces that weren’t overwhelmed in the early hours are probably hunkered down, attempting to hold the ground they’re sitting on, and waiting for the end.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Good point I never thought of it like that. And hardkor didn't they say Irwin was in the middle of no where? Why put a green zone where it would be hard to get to

"Lurker"

Status
    If there was a crisis like this martial law would have been intiated right then! Now you guys say nah angel saul and michael are the only ones who survived! now im guessing a platoon to a company oprated this base???? doubtfull im thinking maybe a battilion! thats 1,000-3,000 people! and ur telling me it took less than one day to infect a huge poplation and over run the standing military maybe if it was a month of sick people leading up but no news? if a few hundred citizens could survive there is no way no way the military didnt survive! maybe not in the LA area but there somewhere in the country there is a part of the country largely un-touched by the infected where that is who knows! but the military can not be destroyed by a zombie outbreak the military would be the last large group of people to be wiped out!

"Scavenger"

Status
    And why were Michael angel and Saul the only ones showing up too the base?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    And why were Michael angel and Saul the only ones showing up too the base?
    Nice Sig

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Good news! The military is aware of the problem and taking preparatory action. Here's the link to the new (fictional) US Army Zombie Combat Command: http://zombiecombatcommand.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast