11 44.00%
  • Stargate Atlantis

4 16.00%
  • Stargate Universe

10 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii

Which stargate do you prefer?

Which out of the three stargate programmes do you prefer and why?
    me i prefer the original SG-1 though i like atlantis almost as much.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Having sat down to re-watch all of stargate sg1's 10 seasons and two movies and sga's 5 seasons prior to watching universe, I really got a feel for the direction they were heading in. The natural evolution from sg1 and Atlantis, especially the movies and the later seasons, was exactly what universe delivered. For me it made sense & was a really enjoyable character-driven show.

Some friends really didn't like it because it didn't 'feel like stargate', but they were re-watching old comedic fav's and so i feel they were slightly biased with nostalgia. Universe is the logical continuation of the other two and i felt it encapsulated the best bits of the others and would have been a spectacular series if allowed to continue. I loved both seasons of it (and of course am an enormous sg1 and sga fan!)
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I'm a big fan of all the Stargate franchises, but I enjoyed SG Universe the most. The others were great yarns and have enormous re-watch potential, but they became predictable, even formulaic (setup minutes 1-10, adventure minutes 11-20, tragedy and dispair minutes 21-30, O'Neill/Carter/Jackson/Shepard/McKay saves the day minutes 30-37, funny annecdote minutes 38-40). Universe kept you wondering from episode to episode, and now, apparently, forever.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I'm a big fan of all the Stargate franchises, but I enjoyed SG Universe the most. The others were great yarns and have enormous re-watch potential, but they became predictable, even formulaic (setup minutes 1-10, adventure minutes 11-20, tragedy and dispair minutes 21-30, O'Neill/Carter/Jackson/Shepard/McKay saves the day minutes 30-37, funny annecdote minutes 38-40). Universe kept you wondering from episode to episode, and now, apparently, forever.
    Very good points. I feel very much the same way. I was very sad that they cancelled the show and decided against another movie. From what I've read the franchise is dead without hope of resurrection.
    We have it in our power to begin the world over again.

-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    The only reason I didn't watch SG-1 regularly was because there was something better to watch at the time. The episodes I did see were interesting and I liked the casting. I couldn't tune into Atlantis for more than 2 minutes. Never saw the other.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    I had to vote for Universe. I loved how it was more character driven & I was emotionally invested enough that it made me angry every time that they did something to Eli.... When is it "enough" for picking on one character????

Good analysis Cabbage Patch!

"Lurker"

Status
    I voted for Stargate Universe..too bad it was cancelled

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I love both SG1 and Atlantis...hard to choose. I met Christopher Judge this last weekend, he is really cool

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    This is the first of me hearing they cancelled SGU and honestly it sucks! I made it all the way through SG1 and about 4/5 through SGA and was really getting into SGU, I loved how it was moving the story along. I guess all good things must come to an end =(

"Lurker"

Status
    They left SGU open to further developments, but knowing SyFy (God I hate that stupid name) nothing is likely to come of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast