User Tag List

Thread: new survivors

"Lurker"

Status

new survivors

maby have them meet some new suvivors

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I've been thinking that an asian character would help round out the sound of the cast. S/he wouldn't need to be a racial stereotype, speaking in all broken english and such, but the accent and character would come across regardless. I'm crossing my fingers that when we find out what's going down at the hospital, there's a doctor/researcher/lab tech there and that might be a good opportunity to introduce a character of the oriental persuasion. Hell, it could be the custodian but you know, we already have Datu.
    Alternatively, I would opt for a German accent character. However, we all know how well it went over when Pippin joined WA and I would like voices that I enjoy listening to

"Lurker"

Status
    I think it'd be cool if they had some kind of homosexual couple in the series. It'd be funny to see bert or something be homophobic and then later for them to completley own ass. It would also kinda make it more realistic since atleast some gay people would survive.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    How about someone from a primative hunter-gatherer tribe from New Guinea. They could be totally non-English speaking, and just as wigged out about modern day LA as they are about the zombies. And he/she would have no way of explaining how they got to LA in the first place.

And, silly as that may sound, it's not too far from what happens every day in cities like LA. I once met with with some hospital HR people from the LA area, all of whom agreed that their biggest staffing challenge was translators. California law requires that a hospital emergency room be able to provide a translator in any language that a patient speaks. One of the big LA university hospitals had people on standby who could translate over 70 languages, including regional varients of Swahili, native languages from the highlands of Peru spoken by only a few hundred people, and New Guinea hunter-gatherer dialects. And they had used each of those translators more than once in the prior year. Who's to say that people from "exotic" cultures wouldn't interact differently with the zombies (like being able to walk among them without being attacked, or exercise control over zombies in their line of sight, etc.).
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Jun 27th, 2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added additional detail