User Tag List

Thread: Mobile Devices

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious

Mobile Devices

Is there going to be any kind of mobile specific features added? like, maybe a client, or an app or something like that that would make it possible to post from the road w/o having to do it via a phones web browser?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Kc posted on the old forums looking for iPhone developers to create an application to allow people to get up to date news and other nice features. I offered some help but only for graphics work, so maybe it'll happen.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    It's in the works! It might take some time, but we're giving it a shot. Part of the reason we moved the forum is to give it the ability to become integrated with mobile applications. The old forum wouldn't allow us to change text color.... that's about it.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    An acquaintance of mine used this mod for vBulletin to make the forum easily accesible for mobile devices. It detects whether the device is a mobile one by looking at which webbrowser is used, and if it's a mobile device it loads a different theme. There are mobile themes listed at the bottom of the page.

It does use the device's own browser, but it's easy to apply and very effective. Also, this is platform-independent: You don't have to create apps for every major platform.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    An acquaintance of mine used this mod for vBulletin to make the forum easily accesible for mobile devices. It detects whether the device is a mobile one by looking at which webbrowser is used, and if it's a mobile device it loads a different theme. There are mobile themes listed at the bottom of the page.

It does use the device's own browser, but it's easy to apply and very effective. Also, this is platform-independent: You don't have to create apps for every major platform.
    Me likey. I've used my blackberry w/ the current layout, but the loading is so slow. A slimmed down mobile theme would be awesome.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post

That's something I'll get on Monday or Tuesday...

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Good luck - I hope it satisfies your needs.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Follow up.

Mobile is beautiful on the blackberry curve. Very easy to navigate and post.

Lately I've been using it more then the laptop for my interactions.

One tip for everyone else who uses the bb curve. Use the linear view options (I think its the default). I changed mine to hybrid and it made it impossible to navigate to anything that wasn't new.

"Lurker"

Status
    Thank you for the useful information.