User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Best Weapon and Worst Weapon

I didn't dig too deep so if this has been done to death I'll delete the post.
    What do you think would be the best weapons in the following classes. Here's my wish list:

Gun: AK-47 - An M-16 is a very close runner up due to is greater accuracy but the incredible reliability and power of the 7.26mm round make the AK-47 my choice. I flip flopped on this decision several times.

DIY Melee: Large Hammer - I would never want to get close enough to use a melee weapon but a Large Hammer would be the best choice, IMO. The only way to put a zombie down is to hurt the brain and issuing enough blunt trauma would be difficult at best. A crowbar is a classic DIY weapon but they have a few limitations. 1. They are hard to hold onto when you swing hard. 2. If you use the nail-pulling end, the sharp part isn't angled well for inflicting damage and if you are able to get it to stick in a Z's head, it may be difficult to get out.

I think the worst weapon choice ever would be a chainsaw. They are heavy, loud, can be hard to start, and the greatest problem is that due to the rotation of the chain, they would spray the user with a ton of zombie blood.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    A simple hollow point .22 rifle could be best, or perhaps my favorite round the .22 magnum followed by the thump of a 30 caliber anything. Of course trumping that would be, whatever you have is going to be the best, as long as there is thorough training. (way to go Bert)
    After all the ammo is gone I would hope I had enough training with knight ware. Broadsword and greased armor. You Can't Bite This! or hold it!
    Teeth
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Umm.
    Maybe this should be in the Off Topic Forum..

:P

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Teethingbiscuit View Post
    A simple hollow point .22 rifle could be best, or perhaps my favorite round the .22 magnum followed by the thump of a 30 caliber anything. Of course trumping that would be, whatever you have is going to be the best, as long as there is thorough training. (way to go Bert)
    After all the ammo is gone I would hope I had enough training with knight ware. Broadsword and greased armor. You Can't Bite This! or hold it!
    Teeth
    Yes, a .22 Magnum would be the best. Brain mushing capability and you could carry a ton of rounds.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    Umm.
    Maybe this should be in the Off Topic Forum..

:P
    I agree that this thread is misplaced. Is it possible to migrate a thread?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manintrees View Post
    I agree that this thread is misplaced. Is it possible to migrate a thread?
    Moved to Everything Else
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    I would get one of those shark bite suits and cover up as much as possible and then for weapons I would have a repeating crossbow and a few good handguns equipped with silencers to avoid swarms and detection. I think a good sword/machete would also be great to have.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Since we're discussion equipment, I think it only fair to also address garb. I believe a maskless wetsuit would be very helpful in the We're Alive universe. All your perspiration would be retained inside the suit, masking your scent. Keeping the mask off helps your peripheral vision, which is absolutely crucial. Also, a wetsuit doesn't encumber your movement like many other clothing choices would with the same benefits.

As for weaponry: ranged weaponry, I might choose a .22 with CB caps. Basically it causes you firing to sound more like a thud than a bang.
    For melee, I know you chose a hammer, but I would lean more towards an ice pick. The kind that climbers use.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    J0be, You addressed my concern and turned it to a positive. I worried your wetsuit would become a sweat suit. Long periods of time would likely not be too healthy. I like your Ice pick idea and would like a last stand with a bowie and tomahawk.
    Teeth
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    I actually avoided the knife. One of the things that I heard from multiple sources (can't remember any at the moment) is while wielding a knife, self inflicted cuts are very common. With this being a fluid transfer pathogen/virus, the knife could cause this to transfer to you. It does let you fight in ultra close proximity, however, which can't be overlooked. You don't need a full swing to get it working. Hmm. I might actually for ultra-close lean towards a screwdriver or spike. Basically, that alleviates a cutting edge with a stabbing one. Less chance of accidentally injury.
    Last edited by j0be; Feb 28th, 2011 at 08:08 AM.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast