User Tag List

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    F'n Face biter happened in my neck of the woods. Gonna get my CCW permit next month then figure out a way to conceal carry this big ass 1911!
    Still working on which weapon to get the old lady.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    she shoot much? personally, i would suggest a .380 ACP, light, not much kick, easy to conceal (typically), cheap. or a 9mm, midsize. unless she can practice a lot with it and learn to compensate for the recoil, i'd steer clear of a subcompact. they're nice, but with a full sized round they kick like a mule. that's why i like the .380 ACP, the bad guys won't keep coming at you, but the recoil won't make your hand numb in a subcompact.

also, jelly much, here in the peoples republic of maryland i can't get a ccw permit.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    For a female shooter that is fairly new, I would highly recommend. A smith and wesson m&p semi-auto in 9mm. With the smallest grip size on it, it fits a smaller hand very well, making any size version very easy to control. Its what you will see in the holster of many female police officers if you look closely. At least that's been my experience

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    For a female shooter that is fairly new, I would highly recommend. A smith and wesson m&p semi-auto in 9mm. With the smallest grip size on it, it fits a smaller hand very well, making any size version very easy to control. Its what you will see in the holster of many female police officers if you look closely. At least that's been my experience
    I haven't seen one yet, but the new M&P "Shield" model seems pretty nice and more compact. http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...eld/index.html
    I'm personally not a fan of the M&P's trigger, but the "Shield" model is supposed to have improved on this.

I LOVE my Ruger LC9 as a carry gun, perfect size and while it's not a .45, a 9mm hollow point is a decent round. If a 9mm is a little much, a Bersa Thunder in .380 is nice too.
    Also if it matters, 9mm ammo is cheaper than .380 if you plan on doing a lot of practice.
    Last edited by Condor; May 31st, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Introducing "Zombie Bullets"
    zombie-package-photo.jpg

Hornady has changed the packaging on some lines of their target ammo to re-brand them as "Zombie Max" or ZMax, with the tagline, "MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!”
    http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

They seem to have gotten a big boost from the Miami "zombie attack": http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...ating-attacks/
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Jun 7th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Introducing "Zombie Bullets"
    zombie-package-photo.jpg

Hornady has changed the packaging on some lines of their target ammo to re-brand them as "Zombie Max" or ZMax, with the tagline, "MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!”
    http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

They seem to have gotten a big boost from the Miami "zombie attack": http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...ating-attacks/
    Got some 9mm a few months ago. They are the same ammo as the Hornady Critical Defense (which I already use in my carry guns) but with glow in the dark polymer tips.

Loved the video.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Got some 9mm a few months ago. They are the same ammo as the Hornady Critical Defense (which I already use in my carry guns) but with glow in the dark polymer tips.

Loved the video.
    How does the price compare? Are the pictures accurate? They look like they have brass cartridges and should be re-loadable.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    How does the price compare? Are the pictures accurate? They look like they have brass cartridges and should be re-loadable.
    They are brass cases. I don't re-load myself, but both the Zombiemax and Critical Defense should be re-loadable. The price is the same, around $20 for 25rd.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    I haven't seen one yet, but the new M&P "Shield" model seems pretty nice and more compact. http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...eld/index.html
    I'm personally not a fan of the M&P's trigger, but the "Shield" model is supposed to have improved on this.

I LOVE my Ruger LC9 as a carry gun, perfect size and while it's not a .45, a 9mm hollow point is a decent round. If a 9mm is a little much, a Bersa Thunder in .380 is nice too.
    Also if it matters, 9mm ammo is cheaper than .380 if you plan on doing a lot of practice.
    price definitely matters. people dig on the 9mm a lot because it's so small, but garunteed, you start flinging lead at somone, they're gonna get out of dodge, wether it's a 9mm or a .45.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    price definitely matters. people dig on the 9mm a lot because it's so small, but garunteed, you start flinging lead at somone, they're gonna get out of dodge, wether it's a 9mm or a .45.
    Or even a .22, for that matter. lol But I'd want something bigger.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast