User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.

The Zombies heat status

Ok, so this isn't really a big deal I just wanted to point it out so no one missed it. I'll put spoilers on but it is in reference to chapter 19 part 3.

SPOILER 

anyway, im not sure how important this is. Just thought I would put it out there.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they use the scopes to discern who is alive and who is dead but still walking?

You see a walker, you scope in and they show no heat which leads to a safe kill.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    One of the reasons is to prevent people from fleeing. The guardians weren't just there to guard the place from the zombies, but also from its inhabitants. To see them at night, they'd need thermal or night-vision (usually infra-red).

Still, because they were using the scopes at night for the zombie-defense I assume they're able to see Zeds with it.

Status

hmm sid that is a decent point too. I think you could be right. I guess the evidence is still i inconclusive.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    They used night vision... not thermal. Everything's brighter, hence the use of flares to mess it up.

Status

Oh whoops. Thats my bad. But to be fair to myself either would be effected by flares right? Maybe you can settle this for us anyway...are the zombies cold or hot? or will you not tell us and keep us shrouded in darkness?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Flares can affect both, but in a different way.
    In the case of night vision, you get blinded by the extremely intense light that's even being amplified by the scope (a bit like watching straight into the sun, with a lens to focus even more light into your eye - not a good idea). I've used decent night-vision goggles when we sailed from Hook of Holland to Harwich, and even small lights were enough to render it unusable. A flare would literally blind you, regardless of its location: even if you'd look the other way with the scope, it would still be way too light to use it properly.

In the case of thermal scope, the flare would create a lot of heat and hot air around it. Therefore, it would act like a smokescreen. However, it would not blind the user of the scope in any way, and by repositioning the guardian can see you again. Depending on the position of the flare, and that of the guardians, it would work or not.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallgoodie View Post
    Oh whoops. Thats my bad. But to be fair to myself either would be effected by flares right? Maybe you can settle this for us anyway...are the zombies cold or hot? or will you not tell us and keep us shrouded in darkness?
    As to the hot or cold argument, I can't comment either way for now. It might come up in the story...

"Builder"

Status
    Well here's something to chew on, Depending on how quick the decay of the zombies is, also in relation to the season and location in which the story is taking place if they generate heat they would decay faster. So if survivors we're to just find a way to wait it out would the zombies even still be a threat with no meat or tissue just bones to attack you with? That also raises the question of how the Zombie disease is contracted, blood based, teeth based, some other micro organism or maybe it's nanobots taking control?

Status

i doubt it, but i guess it could be nanobots. from what we understand its blood and other body fluids (lol).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast