User Tag List

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Pin Skeptoid on Haitian Zombies

The Skeptoid is a podcast/website run by a self-professed science guy, Brian Dunning. Every week he takes a topic, or an incident from popular culture and subjects it to scientific critical analysis. I find it fascinating, informative and not the least bit condescending.

This week Skeptoid's topic is Haitian Zombies. He recounts the legend, sorts out the elements that are historically verifiable, discusses Haitian Voodoo traditions and beliefs, and runs the whole thing through a scientific filter. I won't spoil his findings for you.

You can find The Skeptoid podcast on iTunes, or check this episode out at his web site at: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4262
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I love the Skeptoid podcast, I haven't listened to some of the more recent ones though because I was catching up with We're Alive and neglecting my other regular podcasts! Thanks for pointing it out though, I'll make a point of listening to it soon

"Gatherer"

Status

Gamertag: shric debar PSN ID: i have an xbox why would i want a playstation? Wii Code: no idea don't really use my wii
    Ooh this sounds interesting I must give it a listen.