User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Just finished "The Infection". Awesome story. The nature of the zombies is different from "Tooth and Nail", in ways that make that aspect of the story a lot more like "We're Alive" (k.e. mutants). I highly recommend it.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Ill have to check that out next cabbage patch. Im almost done with tooth and nail on audiobook and its so good

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Craig Dilouie has a new book that came out yesterday. It's called "The Killing Floor" and is a follow up to "The Infection". It's supposed to take up where The Infection left off, with the US military absorbing reinforcements coming home from the Middle East and counter-attacking to re-take areas lost to the infection. I just downloaded the Kindle edition and expect to lose myself in it starting this evening.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Craig Dilouie has a new book that came out yesterday. It's called "The Killing Floor" and is a follow up to "The Infection". It's supposed to take up where The Infection left off, with the US military absorbing reinforcements coming home from the Middle East and counter-attacking to re-take areas lost to the infection. I just downloaded the Kindle edition and expect to lose myself in it starting this evening.
    I have read all three of his books in the last week. I thought they were all pretty good. Characters were likable and developed well. I had a few problems with minor details, the guy doesn't seem to know much about certain military lingo and I laughed at a part that was in Infection (I think it was infection, I read all of them one after another so I might be confused) where he says the lady cop, Wendy, flipped the safety on her Glock to fire. I've own many Glocks and have never seen one with an external safety because they don't exist.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Retainer View Post
    I have read all three of his books in the last week. I thought they were all pretty good. Characters were likable and developed well. I had a few problems with minor details, the guy doesn't seem to know much about certain military lingo and I laughed at a part that was in Infection (I think it was infection, I read all of them one after another so I might be confused) where he says the lady cop, Wendy, flipped the safety on her Glock to fire. I've own many Glocks and have never seen one with an external safety because they don't exist.
    To his credit, diLouie's military lingo got better from book to book (crew served machineguns went from being 30 cals in Tooth and Nail to M-240 Bravos in The Killing Floor). The Glock thing never fails to amuse me too. You see it all the time on TV, where they seem to love adding that clicking noise of a (non-existent) mechanical safety being disengaged. I assume that's the work of editors and producers who just love their gun noises!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12