Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr

Nintendo Admits Wii U "Footage" was actually PS3 / 360

It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Hoarder"

Status
    uhhh wow. but it does 1080p, there slowly becoming sega. take away a few gimmick's and a few great titles (mario - zelda) and Nintendo is a joke. very sad news, oh yeah i wanna hold a plate to control my games also. damn it this sucks

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    wow, man. just wow.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Apart from the Pokemon games Nintendo has done nothing for me in terms of gaming.
    Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever felt like that? When you just couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    It's SUCH A HORRIBLE NAME.

With that said-- I'm actually quite excited for what is in store. Regardless, Smash Bros. is going to be on both the 3DS and Wii U, so no matter what, I'll buy each of them.

The Voice of Narf FM

Status

Gamertag: ComradeNarf PSN ID: ComradeNarf
    They couldn't get a working console prototype ready for E3 because they spent months and millions of dollars researching the best possible console name.

Then apparently they took the resulting report, burned it, and peed on the ashes. I'm right there with AdrianHD, such a horrible, horrible name. But how will this work? The new Wii U comes out in 2012, followed by the new MS and Sony consoles in 2015. So yet again Nintendo will be behind the curve and most likely losing out on big name releases because their tech is outdated.
    Angel Fan Club Haiku:
    Angel is the best.
    Quick! Leap through that window there!
    Ew, flat behemoth.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Meh. So the footage was from other platforms. I get it. You've seen one 1080p reel, you've seen 'em all. Though a game like Uncharted always dazzles me when seen on any TV 180hz or higher. The controller is still a rock ass innovation, just as the Wiimote/Wii was. I think that Nintendo needs to follow thier systems release with some great titles. The franchise favorites, Zelda, Mario, etc. won't be enough. It's the same reason I'm waiting a long while before I get a 3DS; what games will be available that are worth making the investment?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Meh. So the footage was from other platforms. I get it. You've seen one 1080p reel, you've seen 'em all. Though a game like Uncharted always dazzles me when seen on any TV 180hz or higher. The controller is still a rock ass innovation, just as the Wiimote/Wii was. I think that Nintendo needs to follow thier systems release with some great titles. The franchise favorites, Zelda, Mario, etc. won't be enough. It's the same reason I'm waiting a long while before I get a 3DS; what games will be available that are worth making the investment?
    You are very right that this could be an amazing console. I really am looking forward to more asymmetric gameplay.
    However, when they decided to show a "demo reel", I don't think they should have fudged on the system. It's just frankly a cheap move. Maybe the developers of the games signed off that their footage could be used from another system, but if I was Sony or Microsoft, I would be pissed that my system is being the one to promote the next generation of the opponent.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    You are very right that this could be an amazing console. I really am looking forward to more asymmetric gameplay.
    However, when they decided to show a "demo reel", I don't think they should have fudged on the system. It's just frankly a cheap move. Maybe the developers of the games signed off that their footage could be used from another system, but if I was Sony or Microsoft, I would be pissed that my system is being the one to promote the next generation of the opponent.
    Happens a lot of times. Even sometimes, if the demo is pre-recorded, the person will be holding a PS3 controller but it'll be running on a 360. I forget which game that happened to.

__

Also, I got to mention: I DO like the controller, but the circle pads annoy me and the fact that the right circle pad is above the buttons is supremely annoying.

"Hoarder"

Status
    http://http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20...japan_nintendo

They could do some cool stuff with Controller/pad . A motion tracker in aliens colonial marines, but not every game is going to use it very well. And it becomes an add on gimmick. With no system specs and a sometime next year release, this seems rushed. Without Development time and program testing, this games are gonna end up being bargain bin junk like 95% of the current WII "games"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast