User Tag List

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Alcohol Binges -- Been there done that

In order for someone to "reek" of alcohol we are not talking about a couple of drinks. It would be even more than a few. Before the level of Reek, we will have Slurred words, before Slur we have slow down / hesitation. KC is aware of this and one only has to listen to the actors late in R&R to hear the actors try.

Although I can not smell Riley, I will take Angel's word for it. But, I did not hear any slurred words nor slow down / hesitation. In fact, I do not believe I have ever heard Riley speak that fast before.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Maybe she did jagerbombs? Wide awake drunk. Talk about being a zombie. Man those things were good.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    to reek of alcohol you need to have it coming out your pores... i did that once in College... stank for a weekend i drank so much! Not a good feeling when you stop drinking though.
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    to reek of alcohol you need to have it coming out your pores...
    Or wearing it
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Jun 7th, 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    all the guys and gals I used to DD for, when they were piss drunk, they reeked of alcohol, but it was mixed with sweat. Wearing a ton of beer on you smells differently then it coming out of your pores and mouth. At least to me, it does.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    She was slurring.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    Or wearing it

Now that you mention it, I know I'd spill a bit on myself if I were surreptitiously moving about where there was a chance of a zombie encounter. Let's say you wanted to sneak out and pass on information to a maller (not that Riley would do that), it would be less suspicious for her to smell of alcohol than cheap cologne.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Did we take into effect that Hope might not know what the smell of alcohal smells like since shes only 14. So she might have not know the difference

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    Now that you mention it, I know I'd spill a bit on myself if I were surreptitiously moving about where there was a chance of a zombie encounter. Let's say you wanted to sneak out and pass on information to a maller (not that Riley would do that), it would be less suspicious for her to smell of alcohol than cheap cologne.
    That's a good point, we've already seen that being soaked in alcohol puts zombies off the scent (such as when Saul broke the bottle of whiskey in chapter 5)

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I also think that is interesting that Hope said she wanted to scream, but she couldn't. She had difficulty breathing and began to choke up.

Similar to Pegs and Victor near ground, but not the same. I've seen similar in response to fear in stories, so that is where I lean. But, I also knw that KC can throw a hell of a curveball. So I am keeping my mind open and waiting